Web Analytics
ATI 4870 Heat problem

News:

Main Menu

ATI 4870 Heat problem

Started by Diabolical, July 25, 2009, 08:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diabolical

Hey i need some help .. i've been through so many hardware sites to help me about this and i didnt rly get a satisfying answer anyway the problem is :

my video card temp. is around 69 - 72 C ( idle ) and of course while gaming is more around 75 - 80 C which is a disaster for my card ( even though i have air conditioner in my room )

anyway .. i tried all the possible solutions  .. Made a new profile in CCC and manually edit the fan speed to 38% .. the fan sound got a little bit higher but anyway the temp didnt get improved a lot .. it just reached like 62 .. set it at 50 % speed and it was like 58 C .. anyway doing the manual fan is kinda stupid .. coz it wont go less for less performance or higher for high performance .. is there anyway to make the fan works related to heat ?? ..

or what can i do to make the heat down to 40-50 without hearing big noise coming from my case

Let me know ur advices . Thanks
[URL=http://img142.imageshack.us/i/r123.gif/][/URL]

Khaot

75-80 is normal temperature, what do u expect from video card? 20 ? :D

xncD

Quote from: Diabolical on July 25, 2009, 08:13:01 PM
Hey i need some help .. i've been through so many hardware sites to help me about this and i didnt rly get a satisfying answer anyway the problem is :

my video card temp. is around 69 - 72 C ( idle ) and of course while gaming is more around 75 - 80 C which is a disaster for my card ( even though i have air conditioner in my room )

anyway .. i tried all the possible solutions  .. Made a new profile in CCC and manually edit the fan speed to 38% .. the fan sound got a little bit higher but anyway the temp didnt get improved a lot .. it just reached like 62 .. set it at 50 % speed and it was like 58 C .. anyway doing the manual fan is kinda stupid .. coz it wont go less for less performance or higher for high performance .. is there anyway to make the fan works related to heat ?? ..

or what can i do to make the heat down to 40-50 without hearing big noise coming from my case

my fan on videocard is on 100% and temperature is 65 C so dont be afraid of this temperatures
Dragon x15
ColdCutRUS - bp/wc

Deavon

Camel its normal to have high tempature since you living to desert :P

:*****

Diabolical

Quote from: Khaot on July 25, 2009, 08:19:36 PM
75-80 is normal temperature, what do u expect from video card? 20 ? :D

the less heat .. the better performance

Quote from: xncD on July 25, 2009, 08:23:23 PM
my fan on videocard is on 100% and temperature is 65 C so dont be afraid of this temperatures

and u got no problem with the very loud sound ?
Quote from: Deavon on July 25, 2009, 08:41:38 PM
Camel its normal to have high tempature since you living to desert :P

:*****

noob i got air conditioner >.>
[URL=http://img142.imageshack.us/i/r123.gif/][/URL]

xncD

Quote from: Diabolical on July 25, 2009, 09:30:45 PM
and u got no problem with the very loud sound ?

its not so loud, pc always play music when turned on so i dont hear that sound :P
Dragon x15
ColdCutRUS - bp/wc

Khaot

Camel buy better cooler, thats only one way.

seboulba

nm30X
EvilBunnies

=^TrackZero^=

Dont watch nice in full HD.
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

Rudi

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-4870,1964-17.html so no problems :D

btw, how old is gr. card :D
Ruddi -> SH/SK
DonDie -> BI/WC
Gemik -> SH/SE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze_fgGCStrQ&feature=youtu.be sad moment

Rudi

Quote from: TrackZero on July 25, 2009, 11:59:24 PM
Dont watch nice in full HD.

ooh you see, track already know the problem^^
Ruddi -> SH/SK
DonDie -> BI/WC
Gemik -> SH/SE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze_fgGCStrQ&feature=youtu.be sad moment

LinK187

Since the x850 and up, that is a normal temp. You should worry if it goes over 100. Also you can set game profiles in the ccc. I have different settings and different fan speeds for each game. Once the profiles are set you can right click on the ati icon and select a profile. or set a hotkey combination.

I'm running a radeon hd 4870x2 and a 4850 in crossfirex mode.