Web Analytics
file L2r

News:

Main Menu

file L2r

Started by daelish, August 18, 2009, 12:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daelish

How can i transform file L2r in normail file, for use in Windows media player o Movie maker!!!! thx ^^

LinK187

Quote from: daelish on August 18, 2009, 12:15:25 AM
How can i transform file L2r in normail file, for use in Windows media player o Movie maker!!!! thx ^^

Record the demo with other software.

All the demo file is, is a text script telling the game what textures and modles and animations to carry out. Just like cut scenes in most games that don't put gimped videos in....

ChillyWilly

in other words, you can't.  sucks, don't it?  when I use fraps, I lag sooooo bad, and there's no way to make use of replay ... :/

kuko

Use camtasia studio 4

Ashlynn

Quote from: ChillyWilly on August 18, 2009, 05:01:00 AM
in other words, you can't.  sucks, don't it?  when I use fraps, I lag sooooo bad, and there's no way to make use of replay ... :/
well you can always record a replay in L2 and then Fraps the replay file itself. :)

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

kidicarus

Quote from: Ashlynn on August 18, 2009, 12:59:28 PM
well you can always record a replay in L2 and then Fraps the replay file itself. :)

I don't know if this is only for me but I get absolutely horrible quality on the replay files. Can barely recognize my char. Wouldn't wanna see it after it gets compressed once more.

[URL=http://img202.imageshack.us/i/defstats2.jpg/][/URL]

LinK187

Quote from: kidicarus on August 18, 2009, 02:39:11 PM
I don't know if this is only for me but I get absolutely horrible quality on the replay files. Can barely recognize my char. Wouldn't wanna see it after it gets compressed once more.

Nothing is compressed in a replay file. It's simply a script telling your game to load certain models with certain textures and to beat the shit out of eachother or whatever you were recording. It excludes the hud and char names. Your replay is the same graphics quality as your gameplay.

If your box is that old such that fraps/other recording software is a lag issue, then use an external digital recorder that you would hook ur aud/vid output to.

kidicarus

Quote from: LinK187 on August 18, 2009, 03:12:03 PM
Nothing is compressed in a replay file. It's simply a script telling your game to load certain models with certain textures and to beat the shit out of eachother or whatever you were recording. It excludes the hud and char names. Your replay is the same graphics quality as your gameplay.

If your box is that old such that fraps/other recording software is a lag issue, then use an external digital recorder that you would hook ur aud/vid output to.

Granted i haven't tested ingame replays since early c3 but back then it was really grainy, and not nearly the same graphics as ingame. But if that's not an issue anymore I'll just shut up^^

[URL=http://img202.imageshack.us/i/defstats2.jpg/][/URL]

freezoid1

Quote from: ChillyWilly on August 18, 2009, 05:01:00 AM
in fraps there is a option "half-size"

Ashlynn

Quote from: freezoid1 on August 18, 2009, 06:13:33 PM
in fraps there is a option "half-size"
as far as I know, that won't save you from PC-sided 'lags' :) Simply because it has to record the full size screen to be able to make a half of it :)

But hey, that's just what a common sense is telling me, I am not a pro moviemaker, neither Frapz0rd :P

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

LinK187

as far as i know, the record option didn't come till c4. It's always been a demo-rec (script) as apposed to actual video recording. Hense why you have to play it in your l2 client. it just makes calls for models and textures, animations and pathing. Shouldn't be any different thatn in game graphics (minus hud and char names).....

end of the day, whatever software you use to make an actual video, if you lag, use an external hardware device or turn down your graphics settings...

freezoid1

Quote from: Ashlynn on August 18, 2009, 06:17:52 PM
as far as I know, that won't save you from PC-sided 'lags' :) Simply because it has to record the full size screen to be able to make a half of it :)

But hey, that's just what a common sense is telling me, I am not a pro moviemaker, neither Frapz0rd :P
nope
from (for example) 80 FPS with full-size option i loose something about 15-20 FPS
with half-size no more than 10

ahh and I almost forgot.... half-sized movies are twice smaller and worse quality  :P