Web Analytics
[AION] Who Will Be There ? - Page 2

News:

Main Menu

[AION] Who Will Be There ?

Started by Anemonia, August 23, 2009, 08:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinK187

Private servers will not show you at all what aion is really like. The EMU project is in it's infancy. It's just a pretty looking chat room at this point and will never really behave like aion. It's like l2j.

Anyone who wants to play open beta, i can send you a link to the instructions for making your chinese account and downloading the chinese client. I can also give you a .bat file i made for picking your region in english.

NA/EU open starts soon. If you're interested in that i can send you the english client downloader (300ish kb).

Anyone who says Aion is like WoW or GW, clearly has not played Aion.

To answer the question, i believe its like $15 a month. After it goes live and after your free time from pre purchasing.

vasu

Quote from: LinK187 on August 24, 2009, 04:50:27 PM
Private servers will not show you at all what aion is really like. The EMU project is in it's infancy. It's just a pretty looking chat room at this point and will never really behave like aion. It's like l2j.

A weird sentence to write on a private server's forum. Yet, a lot of people play on L2j server and L2off servers, even though it has nothing to do with retail L2 servers. The EMU project is indeed in its infancy, but as far as I see, they're doing well. (Considering they have most of the stat templates for npcs as well as classes, just a little bit more 'till they'll have the skills implanted)

In other hand, you can't deny, that the graphics are rather WoW-like.

zl4y3r

i just test it on a private server, well not really tested it since u can only run around not fight or test skills, but u can emote  all day :P , in my conclusion;

Mobs/Area = WoW look a like
Your Char = GW look alike

i can only say that, nothing about game play rly :/

another question to the chana guy, u gotta pay prepaid cards that count down ur secs how much u cna play? xD rofl!?

One StarWars weapon less.

SpoilerAngel

Quote from: Anemonia on August 23, 2009, 08:21:42 PM
I know that many of ppl who was playing here decided to move to AION so :

WHO WILL BE THERE IN 28 DAYS ?

p.S. I Will ^^
better join europian warhammer :P

LinK187

Quote from: vasu on August 24, 2009, 05:43:07 PM
A weird sentence to write on a private server's forum. Yet, a lot of people play on L2j server and L2off servers, even though it has nothing to do with retail L2 servers. The EMU project is indeed in its infancy, but as far as I see, they're doing well. (Considering they have most of the stat templates for npcs as well as classes, just a little bit more 'till they'll have the skills implanted)

In other hand, you can't deny, that the graphics are rather WoW-like.

L2 off servers behave like retail (not including customizations). L2j servers are coded from scratch. If you've ever tried one, you know they're not at all close to real l2.  Aion EMU is just like l2j except instead they're just starting. You might be able to make the chars fight, but the actual equasions of how stats interact with eachother are going to have to be approximated... it'll take years to even be worth playing on, let alone similar to real aion.

Quote from: zl4y3r on August 24, 2009, 06:46:25 PM
i just test it on a private server, well not really tested it since u can only run around not fight or test skills, but u can emote  all day :P , in my conclusion;

Mobs/Area = WoW look a like
Your Char = GW look alike

i can only say that, nothing about game play rly :/

Anyone who thinks Aion visually looks like wow, clearly has not played at max gfx.

Quote from: zl4y3r on August 24, 2009, 06:46:25 PManother question to the chana guy, u gotta pay prepaid cards that count down ur secs how much u cna play? xD rofl!?

Sense. This sentence makes none. :\

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: TomekAlmighty on August 24, 2009, 04:31:24 AM
I would, if there would be a nice private server like DN used to be :P

(DN aint that bad now too, i just dont feel the same way about L2 anymore, NCsoft freaked it up too much i guess...)
Patience my son! Patience!
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

vasu

Quote from: LinK187 on August 24, 2009, 09:53:24 PM
L2 off servers behave like retail (not including customizations). L2j servers are coded from scratch. If you've ever tried one, you know they're not at all close to real l2.  Aion EMU is just like l2j except instead they're just starting. You might be able to make the chars fight, but the actual equasions of how stats interact with eachother are going to have to be approximated... it'll take years to even be worth playing on, let alone similar to real aion.
However, L2off servers are rather outdated. L2j servers are also quite playable nowadays. The only similarity between AionEmu and L2j is that, they're writing the server side from zero. Also if the approximated stats bother you, well, I bet I wouldn't even notice the differences -  but maybe it's just me, who doesn't mind if you hit one or two damage less or more. About being worth to play on an Aion server: I'd say, for me example, it's far better solution to try the game on a private server, because I wouldn't bother to pay a monthly fee for a game, moreover I'm not that interested in Aion, just to see how it works.

PS.: The graphics are really similar to WoW, I mean at least the style is rather WoW-ish, unlike the other games of NCSoft. And you'd better bet, I tryed it on full graphical settings.

zl4y3r

Quote from: LinK187 on August 24, 2009, 09:53:24 PM

Anyone who thinks Aion visually looks like wow, clearly has not played at max gfx.

Sense. This sentence makes none. :\

so i did play the game at max gfx and in my opinion the area(world) does look like WoW one!, yes it does look better but it is the similar style!!!, and the chars do look similar aswell just that u can do more customization do ur chars in AION,

maybe this helps u to the other part u seem not to understand, Mr. Smartass

http://www.cdkeybox.com/aion-china-41.html

One StarWars weapon less.

LinK187

Quote from: zl4y3r on August 24, 2009, 11:55:27 PM
so i did play the game at max gfx and in my opinion the area(world) does look like WoW one!, yes it does look better but it is the similar style!!!, and the chars do look similar aswell just that u can do more customization do ur chars in AION,

maybe this helps u to the other part u seem not to understand, Mr. Smartass

http://www.cdkeybox.com/aion-china-41.html

Well that's your opinion, WoW doesn't even come to mind when i'm playing. Mr.JackAss

As for the p2p. Only chinese open beta is p2p. That's how the chinese are, penny pinchers.

There are several sites like that. I use this site http://www.aionbank.com for buying more time for my chinese account. However NA/EU open beta is starting soon so i'll be abandoning my chinese account. NA/EU open beta is free.

Also when it does go live, NA/EU payments are monthly, asian servers are the only one's who charge by the hour for mmos.

=^TrackZero^=

We we cant say game is shit, since the invest milions in it , good coders/deisgners/etc.... but we forgot 2 things:
1) To play it you have to pay every month !
2) Saying game is "good" & "bad" is quite subjective thing.

My opinion , it is good but noghitn more then that , is not good enough for me to make me pay every month + to start again game from 0.
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

Rudi

Quote from: TrackZero on August 25, 2009, 11:33:49 AM
We we cant say game is shit, since the invest milions in it , good coders/deisgners/etc.... but we forgot 2 things:

the fact is that i can sell account easy when i will get bored of it w/o any problem and get even more cash. so this thing about: ooo its p2p server, i dont have money etc... its for me just a bullshit. i will get money back anytime i will want. :D
Ruddi -> SH/SK
DonDie -> BI/WC
Gemik -> SH/SE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze_fgGCStrQ&feature=youtu.be sad moment

Anemonia

Quote from: TrackZero on August 25, 2009, 11:33:49 AM
2) Saying game is "good" & "bad" is quite subjective thing.

My opinion , it is good but noghitn more then that , is not good enough for me to make me pay every month + to start again game from 0.

You pay for everything in this world so the comment - WE HAVE TO PAY is :

1) a kiddish excuse for failed RL person
2) Failed in RL mature person (which is even more sad than 1)

And the fact that Aion totally smashed all the other mmo's on the marked even before going out.The fact that different MMO's player are joining it (WOW, Linege 2, Warhammer, LoTRO, AoC,GW are the games that came members of my Legion) is the PROOF that Aion is few light years ahead ;)

P.S. haters are part of this universe so we have to get used to them since they're may be the only thing that Money can't clear lol

THIS IS NOT AION DISCUSSION TOPIC BUT A TOPIC ABOUT WHO WILL JOIN,THE REST WHO WONT JOIN CAN SPARE US USELESS COMMENTS !