News:

Main Menu

Artemis trojan in l2.exe??

Started by ChillyWilly, September 06, 2009, 02:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChillyWilly

Quote from: Sephiroth on September 07, 2009, 04:24:38 PM
lol

Now it says me (once again) that L2.Exe is a troyan,this is getting boring...

wait till it does it 10 or 11 times.... goes from boring to highly annoying....

Sephiroth

Quote from: ChillyWilly on September 07, 2009, 04:31:08 PM
wait till it does it 10 or 11 times.... goes from boring to highly annoying....

I've canceled the subscription and I'll download Avira,which is the antivir I'm using on my old shity PC.
Being searching exceptions in the menus and still nothing =S

ChillyWilly

Quote from: Sephiroth on September 07, 2009, 04:36:27 PM
I've canceled the subscription and I'll download Avira,which is the antivir I'm using on my old shity PC.
Being searching exceptions in the menus and still nothing =S
I even tried going to the McAfee site and chatting with a "help" person... all she did was tell me to send the file in to see if it's infected... lol, that wasn't what I asked.  I don't think it's set up to allow exceptions

Sephiroth

Quote from: ChillyWilly on September 07, 2009, 04:40:39 PM
I even tried going to the McAfee site and chatting with a "help" person... all she did was tell me to send the file in to see if it's infected... lol, that wasn't what I asked.  I don't think it's set up to allow exceptions

I sent L2.exe,let's see if they answer or do something,cos this shit is really annoying,and if I wanna cancel subscription I need to call to those expensive numbers and w8 10-30 mins,at least ! lol

Sephiroth

ChillyWilly

Quote from: Sephiroth on September 09, 2009, 01:22:24 AM
Any news Chilly?
not on this end... I'm just turning the damn thing off before I log ingame and back on when I log out... it works.

6bIK

Quote from: D4vri0za on September 06, 2009, 03:15:47 PM
Don't actually use McAfee anymore so i'm half remembering half guessing! Dunno if yours is even remotely the same either! Nevermind, anyway:

1.) Right click on the McAfee system tray icon
2.) --> On-Access Scan Properties
3.) --> Go to the All Processes thingy, and the "detections" tab, there should be a lil' button at the bottom saying "Exclusions" or similar. Add the L2 folder there!
4.) If there isn't, look all around that window in different tabs and shit till you find it
5.) If there isn't even an "On-Access Scan properties" option, then load the thing and search for an options menu somewhere!
6.) If it all fails then i give up ;D

McAfee?? WTF?? Kaspersky!!!!

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on January 09, 2013, 10:44:54 PMi removed ur sig for obvious reasons....same goes for 6bik
im Edited :D

Sephiroth

Quote from: ChillyWilly on September 09, 2009, 03:37:48 AM
not on this end... I'm just turning the damn thing off before I log ingame and back on when I log out... it works.

Don't u get tired of putting it on/off?

ChillyWilly

Quote from: Sephiroth on September 09, 2009, 11:26:23 AM
Don't u get tired of putting it on/off?

yes, but it's not as annoying as replacing that file every time I want to play....

Sephiroth

Quote from: ChillyWilly on September 09, 2009, 02:39:55 PM
yes, but it's not as annoying as replacing that file every time I want to play....

I've put it in FireWall accepted programs,so let's see how it goes...

kidicarus

I don't really understand what the problem is here. Why do you still have McAfee?? It seems as if going through support, turning it on and off and whatnot is alot more work then just downloading another free program that works way better.

[URL=http://img202.imageshack.us/i/defstats2.jpg/][/URL]

ChillyWilly

Quote from: kidicarus on September 10, 2009, 12:20:12 AM
I don't really understand what the problem is here. Why do you still have McAfee?? It seems as if going through support, turning it on and off and whatnot is alot more work then just downloading another free program that works way better.

cause I paid for it, dammit, and I want what I paid for to work right... they owe me that