Web Analytics
Artemis trojan in l2.exe??

News:

Main Menu

Artemis trojan in l2.exe??

Started by ChillyWilly, September 06, 2009, 02:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChillyWilly

up until now I've had no problems launching the game, but all the sudden 2 days ago my McAfee started deleting the l2.exe file every time I try to launch. it pops up a message that 2 trojans were found.  I replace the system folder from the dn patch, run loader, do full check, and usually can get in then, but next time I try it does it again.  what's up?  I've tried getting a fresh download of the patch twice, same shit.  btw, it now does the same when I run a scan, but also deletes it from the "spare" copy of the patch too, so I'd have to redownload after every scan.... is there a way to set it to ignore the l2 files? or is there really something wrong with the patch?

D4vri0za

Put it in the 'exceptions' bit in the McAfee on-access scan settings, and have some trust ;) It's clean!

Davrioza - SK/AW
Davri0za - SK/SH
DavriozaPwns - SpS/EE
Hindu - Future HE/WL, Mohammad Jihad.
(And some more ghey chars + Davrioza, 70 human mage @ WoW)

[V3]

ChillyWilly

Quote from: D4vri0za on September 06, 2009, 02:59:47 PM
Put it in the 'exceptions' bit in the McAfee on-access scan settings, and have some trust ;) It's clean!
after all this time using it, I figured it was clean, just need to know how to find that
"exceptions" thingy... I have a bad cold and my head is so stuffed up my brain won't work...(not that it  did in the first place...)
could you please give simple baby-step dicections for grannie?? ;D

D4vri0za

Quote from: ChillyWilly on September 06, 2009, 03:05:47 PM
after all this time using it, I figured it was clean, just need to know how to find that
"exceptions" thingy... I have a bad cold and my head is so stuffed up my brain won't work...(not that it  did in the first place...)
could you please give simple baby-step dicections for grannie?? ;D

Don't actually use McAfee anymore so i'm half remembering half guessing! Dunno if yours is even remotely the same either! Nevermind, anyway:

1.) Right click on the McAfee system tray icon
2.) --> On-Access Scan Properties
3.) --> Go to the All Processes thingy, and the "detections" tab, there should be a lil' button at the bottom saying "Exclusions" or similar. Add the L2 folder there!
4.) If there isn't, look all around that window in different tabs and shit till you find it
5.) If there isn't even an "On-Access Scan properties" option, then load the thing and search for an options menu somewhere!
6.) If it all fails then i give up ;D

Davrioza - SK/AW
Davri0za - SK/SH
DavriozaPwns - SpS/EE

[V3]

kidicarus

Quote from: D4vri0za on September 06, 2009, 02:59:47 PM

I've read your post about 50 times now..... And I can't find the flame, no sarcasm, no subliminal message, no hidden letters... Nothing.

I think this might actually be a friendly helpfull post from Davrioza.
Guess im gonna have to be on the lookout for flying pigs and snowstorms in hell now....

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Holy crap another helpfull post.... Ok this is getting scary.

[URL=http://img202.imageshack.us/i/defstats2.jpg/][/URL]

D4vri0za

Quote from: kidicarus on September 06, 2009, 03:21:27 PM
I've read your post about 50 times now..... And I can't find the flame, no sarcasm, no subliminal message, no hidden letters... Nothing.

I think this might actually be a friendly helpfull post from Davrioza.
Guess im gonna have to be on the lookout for flying pigs and snowstorms in hell now....

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Holy crap another helpfull post.... Ok this is getting scary.

Nigger.

Davrioza - SK/AW
Davri0za - SK/SH
DavriozaPwns - SpS/EE

[V3]

ChillyWilly

Don't pick on him while he's trying to help me!   ;D

ok, it looks like they've "improved & simplified" McAfee so much that you no longer can even put in any exceptions... the bastards.

keeping in mind I have no money to buy a new (different) anti-virus program, are there any other options anyone can think of?

kidicarus

Quote from: D4vri0za on September 06, 2009, 03:26:16 PM
Nigger.

Pheew thats better.

Quote from: ChillyWilly on September 06, 2009, 03:36:51 PM
Don't pick on him while he's trying to help me!   ;D

ok, it looks like they've "improved & simplified" McAfee so much that you no longer can even put in any exceptions... the bastards.

keeping in mind I have no money to buy a new (different) anti-virus program, are there any other options anyone can think of?

Im not picking on anyone. I was merely shocked^^

And here you go with the virus program http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html
It's free it doesn't block L2, and I've been using it for years w/o any problems.

[URL=http://img202.imageshack.us/i/defstats2.jpg/][/URL]

D4vri0za

Quote from: ChillyWilly on September 06, 2009, 03:36:51 PM

Most retarded idea i've ever heard ever! wtf! I have the enterprise version supplied by my university, seems they don't simplify that one! Still yeah, you have a few options:

Avira AntiVir :  Usually the best at detecting things.
avast!  : Nice, and doesn't rape the resources too much!
AVG  :  The classic free anti-virus, good too :-)

Really is no need to buy an antivirus, free ones are just as good! Mine is perma-disabled anyway, if you avoid retardedly running suspicious things then you'll always be fine even without an antivirus!

Davrioza - SK/AW
Davri0za - SK/SH
DavriozaPwns - SpS/EE

[V3]

ChillyWilly

hmm... well, aparently sometimes I can launch, sometimes I can't... I think this thing is crazier than I am!  thanks for the help anyway :)
if this shit keeps happening, I may just resort to turning it off while I'm ingame and turning it back on if I decide to wander around the internet... lol

then again, I might try the Avast!... if I can figure out how to get rid of the McAfee... hope it's not as hard to remove as Norton was...

Sephiroth

Quote from: ChillyWilly on September 06, 2009, 04:36:27 PM
hmm... well, aparently sometimes I can launch, sometimes I can't... I think this thing is crazier than I am!  thanks for the help anyway :)
if this shit keeps happening, I may just resort to turning it off while I'm ingame and turning it back on if I decide to wander around the internet... lol

then again, I might try the Avast!... if I can figure out how to get rid of the McAfee... hope it's not as hard to remove as Norton was...

Had exactly the same problem,I just restored L2.EXE back to System and all it's fine now.
McAfee for me is fine,never had any problem with it.

Btw,I wanna know how come the antivir consider L2.Exe as a troyan.

Sephiroth

Quote from: Sephiroth on September 07, 2009, 04:03:04 PM
Had exactly the same problem,I just restored L2.EXE back to System and all it's fine now.
McAfee for me is fine,never had any problem with it.

Btw,I wanna know how come the antivir consider L2.Exe as a troyan.

lol

Now it says me (once again) that L2.Exe is a troyan,this is getting boring...