Web Analytics
About planned Dagger update - Page 3

News:

Main Menu

About planned Dagger update

Started by Futile, October 19, 2009, 10:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WscieklyWaz

Agree on dmg increase, in mass pvp fully buffed i hit mages like ~700, lights ~600, heavy like 400-500. So belive me, kill any1 is very hard now. 20% would be like 80 dmg more on heavy, so for me its still funny dmg:) Maybe you shouldnt increase damage by %, maybe you should try increase it by a fixed value? Cuz that way mages/lights will cry again, and tanks will still laugh. I guess skill crit dmg is at fixed rate, around 2x normal blow. But they are so rare, actually they are more rare than lethal, it shouldnt be like this:)

PS.Dont change lethal rate.

our4n0s

Quote from: kidicarus on October 19, 2009, 03:27:23 PM
Well.... Yeah it's true that one of the best geared TH/WL's is kinda hard to kill in 1 vs 1..... But i'd reckon i could take him with magical backfire and healing alone.
It's true that 1.2k wouldn't be a critical hit... but it would be -100mp and it would be about the max dmg you could make... Crit hits are rare, i think lethals are more common.

Yes a dagger can disable someones target.... But a tank can stun a target, a sorc or sps can cancel a target, a necro or SH can silence and curse the target.
and sh can cancel a target too !
retired

our4n0s

Well blows's power not related to patk might be considered as a liability as much as an asset :

Currently the blow's power is low, so people might indeed be 'ah freak it, lame formula not related to patk, our dmg blows'.
But if blows get boosted untill they reach a very decent power, it might be because of this formula not relying on patk, and then daggers would end up with high power blows and free buffs slots thanks to the fact they reach their full blow power without any patk buff, hence the formula turned into an asset..
retired

Zuluman

Quote from: FadeAway on October 19, 2009, 02:02:51 PM
They can (i'd like to see any normal class in a 1 vs 1 with yoshimo (as example)).
And what buffs a TH would need to do such dmg? pp+dances. and that 1,2k wouldn't even be a critical hit. And like you said a mage needs full buffs to make sure he doesn't get hitted more then that.
And even with doing such low dmg a dagger char can disable someone's chance to attack (switch/trick/mirage (yes counts for TH only). Try to get 3 th's upon you spamming switch and trick, wanna bet u won't be able to perform any skill that works? (atleast i couldn't).

But still 20% more dmg from blows seems nice to me (can be a bit more mby), but something is gotta get nerfed about those lethals: 1. totally remove them. 2. Only make CP or 50% hp lethals possible.

Gimem sheild buffs and I will show you. Even as HE/PAL no dagger can kill me without a lethal because when I got my sheild equipped my sheild defence rate + the LOW damage of the daggers means that I can easily spam cp at a faster rate than they can kill me. Yoshimo has only ever killed me when I've had my bow equipped or by a lethal.

Daggers jus suck and they need a boost for sure, I say keep lethal (~at a low rate though) and just give the damage a big boost.
^Russ^ aKa DeadLast... any server anytime

MaraZmo

Quote from: Furesy on October 19, 2009, 03:29:21 PM
Nah, being the first to see if the floor was cleaned properly :D

+1 xD
sixcessive1 PR/BD  -> Nightmare OFF
BAngelz Member

Dag

it's damn nice to see 90% of community asking for a boost instead of a nerf !!!!

ribadiamo che siamo contari a tutte queste cose della parità
PERCHE ????
le donne vogliono la parità sessuale....ma..boia della vigliacca NON SIAMO PARI.
c'è una bella differenza fra tenere aperto il sacco e sbadilarci dentro

PALMIRO SEI UN DIO !!!!
zelig. 23/02/10

Ashlynn

Quote from: kidicarus on October 19, 2009, 03:27:23 PM
Well.... Yeah it's true that one of the best geared TH/WL's is kinda hard to kill in 1 vs 1..... But i'd reckon i could take him with magical backfire and healing alone.
It's true that 1.2k wouldn't be a critical hit... but it would be -100mp and it would be about the max dmg you could make... Crit hits are rare, i think lethals are more common.
Lethals and critical hits are coming in a pretty much same amount for me... I wouldn't said one occurs more often than another :P

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

ballberith

I am AW/SK and i think i can add my thoughts in this conversation.
Lethal rate sux. But it shouldn't be more because that way we could pwn all ppl on srv if we come by 2.
But the dmg from blows are funny. In apella heavy and w/o rb jew i can blow for ~800.
Now realize that i give this dmg to any healer. If he spam heal i can't do shit.
OFC with dyna/baium etc. i can give more dmg, but tbh not everyone have those kind of items.
So my conclusion is that blows are ridiculously low powered.
Keep lethal rate at this lvl (althought it suck) but more power to blows. But tbh 20% increase is still too low in my opinion.
Proud member of Temp Ally and Evil Bunnies clan.
ShillenMaster - AW/SK - Noblesse

zippobg

Quote from: ballberith on October 19, 2009, 11:15:26 PM
I am AW/SK and i think i can add my thoughts in this conversation.
Lethal rate sux. But it shouldn't be more because that way we could pwn all ppl on srv if we come by 2.
But the dmg from blows are funny. In apella heavy and w/o rb jew i can blow for ~800.
Now realize that i give this dmg to any healer. If he spam heal i can't do shit.
OFC with dyna/baium etc. i can give more dmg, but tbh not everyone have those kind of items.
So my conclusion is that blows are ridiculously low powered.
Keep lethal rate at this lvl (althought it suck) but more power to blows. But tbh 20% increase is still too low in my opinion.

For me lethal is biggest stupid thing in this game...
90% of people want lower lethal and more dmg from skills.
It's super stupid 62lv dagger with A grade to kill tank with full buff with dinasty and etc with 1 Hit?!!?!
SadFace
WC/OL

tzuc

if you, a tank, get killed by a dagger < 76 with similar gear / level ..... just REROLL !!! seriously ... quit this game, start playing solitaire, cause this is just too hard
Nothing Lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances, and never have regrets because at one point, everything you did, was exactly what you wanted

l2 over and out ! occasional cs + dota

zippobg

Quote from: tzuc on October 20, 2009, 08:17:18 AM
if you, a tank, get killed by a dagger < 76 with similar gear / level ..... just REROLL !!! seriously ... quit this game, start playing solitaire, cause this is just too hard

I play Th/Pala. I make lethals too, but (if u can read) this sux.

P.s.
Don't tell me what to play and what to no (Seems you are from people who want more lethals and can't play without. So go play Minesweeper if is not too hard for you)
SadFace
WC/OL

Futile

Quote from: tzuc on October 20, 2009, 08:17:18 AM

we are not talking about 1v1. i am saying that i dont care if 5 archer shoot me with icarus spitter and full buffs.
but when 5 dagger users with any dagger weapon come and start spamming blows. its always the lethal that makes the kill.

at the siege i kill enemies non stop, so i engage often enough the enemy, so in corelation to that there are enough dagger users that spam blows and pray for a lethal.

it just isnt right, that during shield of faith as a tank u have like 8k pdef and 12,000 hp left. u see all the time damage report 200 damage, 517 damage, magic crit 800 damage, 512 damage, 507 damage.
then a low gear non war dagger user comes, u see 187 damage. *lethal* hp/cp gone.
thats just so plain stupid.
thats no skill and no fun.