About planned Dagger update - Page 2

News:

Main Menu

About planned Dagger update

Started by Futile, October 19, 2009, 10:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashlynn

Quote from: MisiekIII on October 19, 2009, 01:22:01 PM
20%? u are kiding.  The dager class owned in C3 only! after it Gm-s start cut them power. But its not the point look what dager class need to make stronger blows (DW,FURY,COV,CAT) and the p.atk dont change anything if i have 1 p.atk or 10k p.atk i make the same blows!! The power of blows is still the same only armors and chars has much more p.def m.def (DN set,IC,draco,apella). look at mage or archers they got all the time beter webon's more p.atk(atk speed) , m.atk and what get dager? Funy IC dager witch CD what give me 100dmg more from blows? loooool

Then plsss STFU and stop QQ...

Sorry for my english
not Fury, but Fire.

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

zippobg

sry for spam here, but is true all servers except infinity are down now? (I am on work)
SadFace
WC/OL

kang

well 1 technic ive seen often among "lower gear" ppl, since the daggers are cheap, they just send 4-5 for 1 guy.
even if their bufs sux (usually just pp buffs, a grade armor/dagger) and you're in top gear/bufs, when you get 5 switches every 2s you can't really move. so they start the lethal spam, with 4-5 ppl on pp bufs, you get lethaled in average 10s.
pretty good to take down targets in HB, where damage is lower and people survive longer

otherwise the stabs are meaningless on full buffed ppl unless crit, as everyone says. I think %20 is a good number. crit stabs are actually high, they're just rare.
without songs, protection and dyna they're quite ok. i was hitting a mage in dc robe pp/dances buffed, and i had no bufs, no boss, no dyna, hitting him for 1.1/1.5K without crit.

FadeAway

Quote from: kidicarus on October 19, 2009, 11:52:15 AM
And YES assasin type classes should indeed be able to kill most classes if they are alone with them. But that is not the case now... A fullbuffed TH with as+cd baium + aq and draco set hits a fullbuffed mage in robe for about 1,2k.
I don't know about you guys but imo that is pretty damn lame.. If the dagger hits a tanksubbed mage the dmg is around 800.

They can (i'd like to see any normal class in a 1 vs 1 with yoshimo (as example)).
And what buffs a TH would need to do such dmg? pp+dances. and that 1,2k wouldn't even be a critical hit. And like you said a mage needs full buffs to make sure he doesn't get hitted more then that.
And even with doing such low dmg a dagger char can disable someone's chance to attack (switch/trick/mirage (yes counts for TH only). Try to get 3 th's upon you spamming switch and trick, wanna bet u won't be able to perform any skill that works? (atleast i couldn't).

But still 20% more dmg from blows seems nice to me (can be a bit more mby), but something is gotta get nerfed about those lethals: 1. totally remove them. 2. Only make CP or 50% hp lethals possible.

Ashlynn

Quote from: FadeAway on October 19, 2009, 02:02:51 PM
They can (i'd like to see any normal class in a 1 vs 1 with yoshimo (as example)).
And what buffs a TH would need to do such dmg? pp+dances. and that 1,2k wouldn't even be a critical hit. And like you said a mage needs full buffs to make sure he doesn't get hitted more then that.
And even with doing such low dmg a dagger char can disable someone's chance to attack (switch/trick/mirage (yes counts for TH only). Try to get 3 th's upon you spamming switch and trick, wanna bet u won't be able to perform any skill that works? (atleast i couldn't).

But still 20% more dmg from blows seems nice to me (can be a bit more mby), but something is gotta get nerfed about those lethals: 1. totally remove them. 2. Only make CP or 50% hp lethals possible.
he can :P Group Heal, Balance Life :)

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

Futile

so we all agree here.
blow damage should be increased (by which amount is up to the staff)
and lethal rate should be lowered.

it rarely happens that players agree with each other and let me point out, that players from Nightmare and Dragon are agreeing here.

and yes i have seen the strategy too lately. sending 5 daggers to take out all enemy healers or the main tank.
lethal wins all.

Quote from: Ashlynn on October 19, 2009, 02:08:11 PM
he can :P Group Heal, Balance Life :)

not with 3 daggers on you.
as long as its not instant cast, it can get interrupted/switched.

Dag

Quote from: Futile on October 19, 2009, 02:11:54 PM
so we all agree here.
blow damage should be increased (by which amount is up to the staff)
and lethal rate should be lowered.

it rarely happens that players agree with each other and let me point out, that players from Nightmare and Dragon are agreeing here.

and yes i have seen the strategy too lately. sending 5 daggers to take out all enemy healers or the main tank.
lethal wins all.
sorry but

FU !!!  i 'm still infinity player :D

ragards
ribadiamo che siamo contari a tutte queste cose della parità
PERCHE ????
le donne vogliono la parità sessuale....ma..boia della vigliacca NON SIAMO PARI.
c'è una bella differenza fra tenere aperto il sacco e sbadilarci dentro

PALMIRO SEI UN DIO !!!!
zelig. 23/02/10

kang

i'd like to add another of my precious contributions to this topic and point out that veti likes potatoes.
its completely related to lethal rate.

kidicarus

Quote from: FadeAway on October 19, 2009, 02:02:51 PM

Well.... Yeah it's true that one of the best geared TH/WL's is kinda hard to kill in 1 vs 1..... But i'd reckon i could take him with magical backfire and healing alone.
It's true that 1.2k wouldn't be a critical hit... but it would be -100mp and it would be about the max dmg you could make... Crit hits are rare, i think lethals are more common.

Yes a dagger can disable someones target.... But a tank can stun a target, a sorc or sps can cancel a target, a necro or SH can silence and curse the target.
My point is that every class got something..... And trick and switch is kinda fun in 1 vs 1, but im not even gonna act like its a great skill cause it really isn't. It's just what an assasin can do to save his own ass sometimes.

And once again..... Sure you can play the "ant tactic" and swarm someone and it works great. But what class doesn't work great with 3 of them attacking 1 target?
Imagine 3 x EE manaburning you at the same time
Imagine 3 tanks constantly stunning you.
Imagine 3 nukers cursing and vortexing your ass
Imagine 3 OL's casting curses around you
Imagine 3 crafters with thoose annoying little robots hammercrushing you
Imagine..... Well you get the point.

Imo daggers shouldn't have to be that many..... For me the charm of playing dagger is being able to take out atleast 1 target alone. Right now daggers have low damage, low MP, relatively low defence. So whats the point? Running really really fast?

[URL=http://img202.imageshack.us/i/defstats2.jpg/][/URL]

Furesy

Quote from: kidicarus on October 19, 2009, 03:27:23 PM
So whats the point? Running really really fast?
Nah, being the first to see if the floor was cleaned properly :D

cristianvernal

u needed to read the other topics about daggerists, cos no1 is talking about increase lethal rate...

xmaaadx

cristianvernal

Quote from: Ashlynn on October 19, 2009, 01:30:03 PM
not Fury, but Fire.

12 years old kid correction, ppl get the point....

im 100% agree with misiek... when i heard about this "daggerist improve" i was kinda relieved, cos buying icarus dagger its like.... u get like 0 benefits!

xmaaadx