Web Analytics
Drake (or other GM) recover old account?

News:

Main Menu

Drake (or other GM) recover old account?

Started by Beenthere, October 19, 2009, 09:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beenthere

Hello Drake (or GMs)

I have been away from Dragon Network for several years but I have returned along with some of my friends  that were in my guild. Some of us have discovered that our accounts are still active, but when we log in to these old accounts, our old characters have all disappeared. At first I thought that the accounts had been hacked but when other people in the old guild had a similar issue (account still active but characters are gone) I figured something else was happening. So a simple questions...

What happened? (not so important)

Can my (our) previous characters be restored (with inventory) to my old accounts? (extremely important)

Please let me know. I will PM my account names if character recovery is possible. Thanks in advance.

Furesy

A while ago characters who were no longer used for a long time were all deleted, if you wanted to keep your char you needed to log it between a certain amount of time.

I suppose all your characters were deleted by the database cleanup.

Beenthere

So the characters (and items) are all gone... no back up files that they can be recovered from? I don't really care if I get the items but it sure would be nice to get my subs back.

Furesy

Quote from: Beenthere on October 21, 2009, 01:13:20 AM
So the characters (and items) are all gone... no back up files that they can be recovered from? I don't really care if I get the items but it sure would be nice to get my subs back.
I'm afraid not, it was a database cleanup.

Shadowholder

it was well advertised that inactive accounts were going to be deleted,, sadley if you were away that long you would have even missed the advertising,, we were told to open all acounts and run each charater at least 6 monthly so they dont become "cleaned up"
Sorry you lost your things but I do understand why it was done and hope you will come back anyways.

Pinkiiee /SoHisBrat

FalloutLover

u have to log all characters or log 1 from that account is enough???

milan78s

Quote from: FalloutLover on October 21, 2009, 07:48:04 PM
u have to log all characters or log 1 from that account is enough???
It doesn`t take much time to log all for a second  :)

oxigan

Quote from: milan78s on October 22, 2009, 12:45:28 AM
It doesn`t take much time to log all for a second  :)

Actually it does. Got about 95 characters >.<
Quote from: Loatheof all the things i lost i miss my mind the most ^^
Proud family member of Ambrosia

Ashlynn

Quote from: oxigan on October 22, 2009, 12:52:41 AM
Actually it does. Got about 95 characters >.<
and all of them are subbed, I suppose :D

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

oxigan

Well, lil bit over 20, but still hard to log them all that often, especially if server aint up :p
Quote from: Loatheof all the things i lost i miss my mind the most ^^
Proud family member of Ambrosia