News:

Main Menu

connetion using p. / firewall

Started by Dag, October 26, 2009, 01:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dag

ok: problem

in my office, we r using a p. server and a firewall

i can do quite everything beside using program like emule, torrent or Lineage (they won't connect)

what should i do?????

smart idea?
ribadiamo che siamo contari a tutte queste cose della parità
PERCHE ????
le donne vogliono la parità sessuale....ma..boia della vigliacca NON SIAMO PARI.
c'è una bella differenza fra tenere aperto il sacco e sbadilarci dentro

PALMIRO SEI UN DIO !!!!
zelig. 23/02/10

LinK187

Find out what ports you need open and ask the admin to open them. Or use a Pro}{y that uses a port that's already open. You may actually have to do both steps.

Dag

problem is that i cannot ask to admin: hey i wanna play from office, from the pc i took to office without my boss permission :D

PERCHE ????
le donne vogliono la parità sessuale....ma..boia della vigliacca NON SIAMO PARI.

PALMIRO SEI UN DIO !!!!
zelig. 23/02/10

jotaro

if you only need to admin then you can keep your home pc up and running and connect it through remote desktop or similar

jotaro

Quote from: Dag on October 26, 2009, 05:09:33 PM
problem is that i cannot ask to admin: hey i wanna play from office, from the pc i took to office without my boss permission :D

ops.

Dag

well i tried to use teamviewer or similar

they work good.

until u open 3d applications :D
PERCHE ????

PALMIRO SEI UN DIO !!!!
zelig. 23/02/10

LinK187

Quote from: Dag on October 26, 2009, 05:20:53 PM
well i tried to use teamviewer or similar

they work good.

until u open 3d applications :D

Try PCAnywhere. Although even at the proper video quality, it's still going to be choppy if your home upstream bandwidth or work downstream bandwidth is shity. I still recommend trying to use proxifier through a port that's already open. A lot of free proxies use the default http ports. As well through the same method you can bot till your heart's content and only have to worry about losing one char as apposed to all of them :P

Mr. Emiel

Quote from: Dag on October 26, 2009, 01:23:11 PM
ok: problem

in my office, we r using a p. server and a firewall

i can do quite everything beside using program like emule, torrent or Lineage (they won't connect)

what should i do?????

smart idea?
Do they run any application for networking? Like Novel or anykind? If not it could be quite easy, you just have to find the router since I doubt that you're able to actually acces the router from your PC, 192.168.bla.bla stuff. There should be a switch on the router for the firewall, big companys mostly have those kind of routers with a switch that allows you to put on/off the firewall.

LinK187

Quote from: Mr. Emiel on October 31, 2009, 08:14:50 AM
Do they run any application for networking? Like Novel or anykind? If not it could be quite easy, you just have to find the router since I doubt that you're able to actually acces the router from your PC, 192.168.bla.bla stuff. There should be a switch on the router for the firewall, big companys mostly have those kind of routers with a switch that allows you to put on/off the firewall.

Somehow I doubt they left their router control page at the default pw.. I also doubt that it's not locked up. I also doubt that it's not under serveilance.... At least that's how it's been in all my work places that had networks...

Mr. Emiel

Quote from: LinK187 on October 31, 2009, 01:53:51 PM
Somehow I doubt they left their router control page at the default pw.. I also doubt that it's not locked up. I also doubt that it's not under serveilance.... At least that's how it's been in all my work places that had networks...
Yea but if they use any networking application it can be easy. Those programs are quite easy to overflow and send force commands.

LinK187

Would you risk leaving footprints at work just to play l2? It's a better idea to use a pro><y server that uses a port that's already open. Like 80 or 8080. I recomend pro><ifier ... had to spell it that way to escape word filter.

Mr. Emiel

Quote from: LinK187 on November 01, 2009, 03:41:01 PM
Would you risk leaving footprints at work just to play l2? It's a better idea to use a pro><y server that uses a port that's already open. Like 80 or 8080. I recomend pro><ifier ... had to spell it that way to escape word filter.
port 443 ftw! it's always open port 80 is often closed at offices. But finding a good free p. is hard.