Web Analytics
Hellbound/CT1.5 Client -- help requested

News:

Main Menu

Hellbound/CT1.5 Client -- help requested

Started by foxinsocks506, November 16, 2009, 07:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxinsocks506

If there is already a topic addressing this, I apologize for posting another. Did a search and nothing of this sort came up.

I downloaded the L2 client from Gamershell, installed it, downloaded the DN patch, unzipped that into my L2 folder, ran DragonNetwork.exe, ran the full check and fully patched, hit start... And got this lovely "critical" error:

History: ULinkerLoad::Serialize <- FString<< <- UTexture::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Texture LineageMonstersTex.onyx_beast.onyx_beast_ns_t00 131921389==131921389/131921389 118955034 44132) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Texture LineageMonstersTex.Onyx_beast_ns_t00 NULL) <- UOrcMove::CalculateCRC32 <- 1.510000::0 <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

It is to my understanding that Hellbound / The Chaotic Throne client MUST be version 1.5. However, the only version available from Gamershell is 2.3. I believe this is the cause of my problem, but I would greatly appreciate someone's help in correcting this.
Fileplanet may have the version I need, but I would be required to pay for it. Something about paying for the client to play on a private server of a game I'm trying to avoid paying for seems a bit silly to me, so if there are any other options to get the correct version of the Hellbound client, I would really appreciate any and all suggestions.

And before anyone asks (if the subject comes up): I am running Win7, yes I ran everything in admin, and yes I also tried running in compatibility mode and got the same error.

Thank you in advance for any help you may offer me, I really look forward to playing with everyone and hope this can be resolved soon so I can join in the fun!

Ashlynn

try this one:

http://computergames.ro/en/downloads/viewitem/id/10726/name/lineage-2-the-1st-throne-hellbound-client.html

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

foxinsocks506

That did it! Thank you very much for your help  :)

Might I suggest the admin adds that link to the "How To" download page? It would be very helpful for people like me just starting out.

Anyways, thank you again for your immense help, you have alleviated quite a bit of frustration from my life today :)
Take care and see you in game!

Ashlynn

Quote from: foxinsocks506 on November 16, 2009, 08:01:48 PM
That did it! Thank you very much for your help  :)

Might I suggest the admin adds that link to the "How To" download page? It would be very helpful for people like me just starting out.

Anyways, thank you again for your immense help, you have alleviated quite a bit of frustration from my life today :)
Take care and see you in game!
You are welcome :) Seems like Gamer's Hell doesn't support downloading of old clients anymore  :-\

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

foxinsocks506

Quote from: Ashlynn on November 16, 2009, 08:03:30 PM
You are welcome :) Seems like Gamer's Hell doesn't support downloading of old clients anymore  :-\

Would seem not, unfortunately :(
But as long as there is a way for me to play, I'm content :)