News:

Main Menu

Good Idea

Started by tzuc, March 10, 2010, 11:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tzuc

Well I totally welcome the idea of a new server. Just a few tips and questions

Tips
1. Remove the "soon" from this server, if you will be able to give people accurate ETA's (i'm not talking about launch date) on updates / changes you will have a big +
2. Remove all custom pots except MANA pots
3. Have "normal" working 7 signs
4. Retail like raidbosses (not the epic bosses, but the normal map raids)
5. Have LOTS of events (SMALL rewards) but as many events as possible, especially at server start
6. Add c + low b-grade at shops
7. Retail like spoil with the equivallent chance and quantity for 20x server. Same for drops
8. Working recipe / mats quests for s-grade and higher with the equivalent 20x reward (NOT 20x reward but as much to match the speed at which you are leveling)
9. Harsh punishment for botting
10. Do not add at donation manager the high end items until after the first few months (1-2), or add them incremently (after 1 month s-grade, after 2 month's dynasty and others etc etc).
11. If you'll be making dn subs same as on other DN servers let chars that have quest horn in inventory be able to hit golky but not sub'ed chars.

Questions, well I have only 1

1. Dual box allowed ? I would recommend a 2 box / pc rule
Nothing Lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances, and never have regrets because at one point, everything you did, was exactly what you wanted

l2 over and out ! occasional cs + dota

Torn

Quote from: tzuc on March 10, 2010, 11:06:01 AM

Tips
1. Remove the "soon" from this server, if you will be able to give people accurate ETA's (i'm not talking about launch date) on updates / changes you will have a big +
2. Remove all custom pots except MANA pots
3. Have "normal" working 7 signs
4. Retail like raidbosses (not the epic bosses, but the normal map raids)
5. Have LOTS of events (SMALL rewards) but as many events as possible, especially at server start
6. Add c + low b-grade at shops
7. Retail like spoil with the equivallent chance and quantity for 20x server. Same for drops
8. Working recipe / mats quests for s-grade and higher with the equivalent 20x reward (NOT 20x reward but as much to match the speed at which you are leveling)
9. Harsh punishment for botting
10. Do not add at donation manager the high end items until after the first few months (1-2), or add them incremently (after 1 month s-grade, after 2 month's dynasty and others etc etc).
11. If you'll be making dn subs same as on other DN servers let chars that have quest horn in inventory be able to hit golky but not sub'ed chars.

Questions, well I have only 1

1. Dual box allowed ? I would recommend a 2 box / pc rule
Thank you for suggesting, we will consider them 1 by 1, just 1 small notice even we are x20 server (on EXP), i think we wont have x20 spoil/drop/.... x20 is too much and is pretty much boring after a while, we wont have 1x but something that match players in fair level (x10?-12?-15?) we will see thats easy to setup anyway, thanks again.

tzuc

Quote from: Torn on March 10, 2010, 11:18:05 AM
Thank you for suggesting, we will consider them 1 by 1, just 1 small notice even we are x20 server (on EXP), i think we wont have x20 spoil/drop/.... x20 is too much and is pretty much boring after a while, we wont have 1x but something that match players in fair level (x10?-12?-15?) we will see thats easy to setup anyway, thanks again.

i knew you would misunderstood, i wasn't to explicit. i'm not saying 20x drop and 20x spoil but higher rates than 1x to match the speed you are leveling.
Nothing Lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances, and never have regrets because at one point, everything you did, was exactly what you wanted

Diabolical

if u want this server to work , reduce the custom things as much as possible , if its retail i dont mind playing in this server

u said there will be Dynasty / Icarus weapons

it will be much better to be only dynasty weapons , Dynasty armors ( the official ones ) not the Dnet set custom made

so

1- Retail
2- No icarus
3- no dnet sets only official dynasty

good luck
[URL=http://img142.imageshack.us/i/r123.gif/][/URL]

Torn

Quote from: tzuc on March 10, 2010, 11:20:20 AM
i knew you would misunderstood, i wasn't to explicit. i'm not saying 20x drop and 20x spoil but higher rates than 1x to match the speed you are leveling.
Exactly, roger that.

P.S. About eta we didnt say soon or anything we said +/- end of march start of april (1st quartal of april for sure, but can happen earlier), more we progress with work faster we will open server, and of course inform you all in time.

Furesy

Are the coins used for donny etc. tradeable? If so, it won't take long before these D coins or event coins or what so ever take over economy as main currency and adena becomes totally useless, (I'd advise starting with high adena rate for newcomers and slowly decreasing it)

Tyler

Make something u don't have on DN. No point for another 5x.
20x or 50x are good options.
Sir, we are surrounded! Excellent, now we can attack in any direction!
www.zerg.darkbb.com

OsirisDl

about b-grade at shops  well aden has low b grade.
------------------------------------------------------
You Are Going To Love Me Or Hate !!!
Infinity Player -  FriendCrafter
------------------------------------------------------

roberts

Quote from: tzuc on March 10, 2010, 11:06:01 AM

Tips

I can't agree with you. I think it's a bullshit, and after 2 month this server will be like the others. Im not absolutely againts donation, but i prefer the donation system where i can donate only  for name or six change hats and other shits....
RobertS lvl 76+ SS/PS Valkyrie (x9)
Leader of Goldragon (with Hungary)

tzuc

Quote from: roberts on March 10, 2010, 02:59:43 PM
I can't agree with you. I think it's a bullshit, and after 2 month this server will be like the others. Im not absolutely againts donation, but i prefer the donation system where i can donate only  for name or six change hats and other shits....

i didn't say ADD donation manager but if they do do not add the high lvl items early

roberts

Quote from: tzuc on March 10, 2010, 03:13:32 PM
i didn't say ADD donation manager but if they do do not add the high lvl items early

okay, now i understand what you want to say (:
RobertS lvl 76+ SS/PS Valkyrie (x9)
Leader of Goldragon (with Hungary)

PoFon

i would like to see c4 loader :D

anyway good luck with the server
I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns to its original projectory and adheres to you.