Web Analytics
Just some suggestions.

News:

Main Menu

Just some suggestions.

Started by Furesy, March 10, 2010, 05:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furesy

Well, took you long enough to open a new server, but ah well, better late then never :P

Anyway some suggestions or maybe things to think about;

- Rather than making the discussion if the server should have DN subs or not (even though DN subs are hard to balance, it is the trademark of Dragon Network and is the very reason why these servers were so popular in the first place). You should consider rather allowing mutants or not, balance in DN-wise-L2 is hard enough, allowing people the option to make mutants makes that twice as hard. And something else, disabling mutants will save some of the classes which are totally dead now. (my personal opinion is with DN sub, there are hundred of retail-like servers around, yet remove mutants)

- Will this new server have the same freaked up attribute system as the one that is currently running on the other servers?

- Before you launch server, greatly consider how much effect you want 'Augmentations' to play a role in every day PvP and Olympiad, wether you choose to play with or without DN sub, with or without mutants, augmentations can ruin the balance a lot as well. (hence, look at how easy it will be to get life stones, and how high chances you have on getting certain skills) -- Same goes for enchants and enchant rates.

- Remove safe PK (or even more drastic, completely remove Repent your Sins quests) I still remember in the old days when it was actual fun to PK and actual fun to hunt them, nowadays (as you can see on other servers) nobody even cares anymore if someone PK's, the system is completely freaked up by this below-5-safe-pk.

- Already mentioned on a other topic but will do it here again, main currency? Will these Donation coins or whatever kind of coins will be on this server trade-able? It will make adena totally useless and will become the main currency (thus destroying the market eventually) I think one of the GM's already mentioned it, but, smart to not make the adena drop rate x20? Or slightly lower the rate the higher lvl you become. (a good way to keep adena flow normal, make the gatekeeper fees for high lvl chars x20 rate as well)

- Will 1st and 2nd quest items be in shops? (this also effects the way people will make clan reputation points)

- Removing Blessed Scroll of Escapes (of any kind) from the game. (some people might see they use it to escape soon, to not lose exp, but cmon, you're on a 20x server)

- Delete raid jewels from the game (my personal favorite! Will probably never happen but I just couldn't resist putting it here!)

Can't really think of anything else at the moment.

LadyZENITH

I can think of something else, maybe more important then agumentations:

- Delete the element attribute system, simply set there the old one. That thing itself screws the game the most.
Infinity 5x: LadyZENITH - sps/sws - retired :(

Sowell

make a way so we can make substack for retail to,ex: sps/ee and retail th/pp

ps:it should be a forum with genereal discusion, suggestios,polls,i dont think gm read all cuz are to many in a post

Junkie

Quote from: Sowell on March 10, 2010, 08:18:04 PM
make a way so we can make substack for retail to,ex: sps/ee and retail th/pp

ps:it should be a forum with genereal discusion, suggestios,polls,i dont think gm read all cuz are to many in a post

Yeah, nice idea it would be nice if Admin create topic where people (players) can make pool's and write suggestions, that can effect on better gameplay.
Shadow:
NightMare:
Frintezza:
Valkyria:

Curtis

About DN subs: You say that server is popular cause of them and i can say that in same time its unpopular cause of them. Many ppl just dont know how they works or even if they try to play on that server they give up cause when they see for example ty/de with 25k p.atak and 500 critical rate with 2 hand blunt that makes 50k crit per hit they just log off and go to some normal server.

About pk quest: problem is that you can make 3 lvl sin eater in 3min. In retail to make 1lvl of sin eater you have to exp it 30min.

About epic jewels You know that is bullshit ;) Thats why ppl farm them - to have those jewels.

+GekKey+

Quote from: Furesy on March 10, 2010, 05:49:31 PM
Well, took you long enough to open a new server, but ah well, better late then never :P

- Rather than making the discussion if the server should have DN subs or not (even though DN subs are hard to balance, it is the trademark of Dragon Network and is the very reason why these servers were so popular in the first place). You should consider rather allowing mutants or not, balance in DN-wise-L2 is hard enough, allowing people the option to make mutants makes that twice as hard. And something else, disabling mutants will save some of the classes which are totally dead now. (my personal opinion is with DN sub, there are hundred of retail-like servers around, yet remove mutants)

- Will this new server have the same freaked up attribute system as the one that is currently running on the other servers?

- Before you launch server, greatly consider how much effect you want 'Augmentations' to play a role in every day PvP and Olympiad, wether you choose to play with or without DN sub, with or without mutants, augmentations can ruin the balance a lot as well. (hence, look at how easy it will be to get life stones, and how high chances you have on getting certain skills) -- Same goes for enchants and enchant rates.

- Remove safe PK (or even more drastic, completely remove Repent your Sins quests) I still remember in the old days when it was actual fun to PK and actual fun to hunt them, nowadays (as you can see on other servers) nobody even cares anymore if someone PK's, the system is completely freaked up by this below-5-safe-pk.

- Already mentioned on a other topic but will do it here again, main currency? Will these Donation coins or whatever kind of coins will be on this server trade-able? It will make adena totally useless and will become the main currency (thus destroying the market eventually) I think one of the GM's already mentioned it, but, smart to not make the adena drop rate x20? Or slightly lower the rate the higher lvl you become. (a good way to keep adena flow normal, make the gatekeeper fees for high lvl chars x20 rate as well)

- Will 1st and 2nd quest items be in shops? (this also effects the way people will make clan reputation points)

- Delete raid jewels from the game (my personal favorite! Will probably never happen but I just couldn't resist putting it here!)

Tottally agree, and also, im on for desable summon friend/party/clan... before a good clan would be base on organisation, now its summoner everwhere... kills the fun imo

but for the quest items, pls sell im so lazzy to make these god damn quest... the 3rd class kills me enought :P

Tyler

I got an even more fun suggestion: Remove BSOE  ;)
Sir, we are surrounded! Excellent, now we can attack in any direction!
www.zerg.darkbb.com

TomekAlmighty

Removing raid jewels will never happen, but it would be probably good if the bonuses of them would be ALOT smaller than they are now... Im talking about maybe 5% bonuses, so it will still make some difference if you have it or not, but it would still mean that someone without them has a chance to kill someone...    ;)
[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
KingBishop, TomekCritz, TomekAlmighty, YoMama
Quote from: Blondy on November 18, 2007, 07:15:25 PM
you will never be better as you are now ... , you reached the "best point"

Dhart

imho make the donator coins usable just for the donators....this way we won't see thousand l2w/any kind of bots trying to farm out the shit in order to reach the top amount of coins....
and also
seriously consider the idea of lunching a beta testing of a c4 server...imho you would get much more fun without those lame items wich ruined the game and many more ppl.
Quote from: Torek [IF] on June 08, 2010, 12:34:09 PM
Dhart è un gladiatore (all rights reserved to Dhart)

tzuc

removing the safe pk or sin eater quest is a dumb suggestion imo. it's part of the game strategy, if i'm at a raidboss or any situation and i don't wanna be bothered and enemy will not accept war or won't flag i won't let them stay around and neither will risk a clan member dropping items.

having been a clan leader one of the rules was having a <5 pk count so if the necessity occurs people could PK without risking item drop. removing rb jewels means removing epic raids which is a huge pvp opportunity and a reason for competition between clans. a better idea is making their respawn retail so the jewels won't be invading the server being a benefit only for the top players / top clans who can take those raids
Nothing Lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances, and never have regrets because at one point, everything you did, was exactly what you wanted

l2 over and out ! occasional cs + dota

ocb

its worst thing that nc soft make whit l2. agree whit u.

Mala Przyjemnosc

Quote from: TomekAlmighty on March 11, 2010, 10:57:48 AM
Removing raid jewels will never happen, but it would be probably good if the bonuses of them would be ALOT smaller than they are now... Im talking about maybe 5% bonuses, so it will still make some difference if you have it or not, but it would still mean that someone without them has a chance to kill someone...    ;)
What about mages then ? Full of resists (atm Dont know how many buffs will have buffbar ) + No mcrt  ? : p Com'n valakas is required.