Web Analytics
faction server

News:

Main Menu

faction server

Started by Arienrod, March 11, 2010, 10:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arienrod

hello hello and good luck in your project. for sure it's a fine new:)

just some comments and a suggestion

i saw posts about DN subs. imo the main question is not there, simply coz in the mind of everyone "DN servers" means DN substack subs and they ll come for it (or not :) )

i guess your aim is to attract new players coming outside of DN servers rather than cannibalizing old DN players, and you re right coz they will not abandon their friends and dearly stuffs for finding the same things without a good reason. new players outside DN servers will come for sure for DN specificity and with the chance to evolve without OEpenis guys, but but but i would not be so confident in it with many servers around...

then imo just take DN sub ofc and find a real specificity for this new server in order to render it more attractive for all. i suggest then maybe to do a DN sub server based on FACTION PVP (blue vs red). Roughly as a DN server (ok as many said without EO donation nor dyna DN set...) but with a specific system of faction (faction points, faction xp, ...)

fun
exctiting even for old players
attractive
huge perspective of flamwars:)

voila:)

ciao

Ashlynn

Seriously without any offense, those servers are the most stupid things I've ever seen. Simple TvT event is quite enough imo. If you feel like playing Red vs. Blue, run Unreal Tournament team deathmatch.  :)

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

Dhart

Quote from: Ashlynn on March 11, 2010, 12:31:04 PM
Seriously without any offense, those servers are the most stupid things I've ever seen. Simple TvT event is quite enough imo. If you feel like playing Red vs. Blue, run Unreal Tournament team deathmatch.  :)
A POWER WITH THE CANNON FLACK ! xd
Quote from: Torek [IF] on June 08, 2010, 12:34:09 PM
Dhart è un gladiatore (all rights reserved to Dhart)

Ashlynn

Quote from: Dhart on March 11, 2010, 12:33:36 PM
A POWER WITH THE CANNON FLACK ! xd
yea, Flak Cannon is the most awesome gun in the universe :D

Ret ard ired

Arienrod

Quote from: Ashlynn on March 11, 2010, 12:31:04 PM
Seriously without any offense, those servers are the most stupid things I've ever seen.

ok ur argumentation convinced me :p

i admit i am not so experienced in faction servers but those i saw was quite fun and i heard about friends saying it's very interesting and non stop strategy inside each faction for developping it

okok i admit that XPing as a noob and seeing higher level chars of my faction that i did not know being in patrol for giving secure the zone was weird for a classic L2 player that i am :)

why it's shitty according to u ?

Ashlynn

Quote from: Arienrod on March 11, 2010, 06:08:14 PM
ok ur argumentation convinced me :p

i admit i am not so experienced in faction servers but those i saw was quite fun and i heard about friends saying it's very interesting and non stop strategy inside each faction for developping it

okok i admit that XPing as a noob and seeing higher level chars of my faction that i did not know being in patrol for giving secure the zone was weird for a classic L2 player that i am :)

why it's shitty according to u ?
I said what I said as an opinion of mine, not as the infinite truth.

Ret ard ired

Eomer

Imo red vs blue serwers are not so bad at all. Depends of gm and his imagination. I've played at 2-3 serwers like that including Infinitiel and it's really cool. CTF, TVT, siege deffend/attack and mini-games like zombie run or some others between events are great. Just haven't got too much time to play at infinitiel and guys have there really good stuff sometimes after few years of playing. So I think new serwer like that could be really nice idea.

Dhart

Quote from: Ashlynn on March 11, 2010, 06:11:47 PM
I said what I said as an opinion of mine, not as the infinite truth.
change your freaking signature xD
Quote from: Torek [IF] on June 08, 2010, 12:34:09 PM
Dhart è un gladiatore (all rights reserved to Dhart)

Ashlynn

Ret ard ired

Torn

Quote from: Arienrod on March 11, 2010, 10:54:57 AM
hello hello and good luck in your project. for sure it's a fine new:)

just some comments and a suggestion

i saw posts about DN subs. imo the main question is not there, simply coz in the mind of everyone "DN servers" means DN substack subs and they ll come for it (or not :) )

i guess your aim is to attract new players coming outside of DN servers rather than cannibalizing old DN players, and you re right coz they will not abandon their friends and dearly stuffs for finding the same things without a good reason. new players outside DN servers will come for sure for DN specificity and with the chance to evolve without OEpenis guys, but but but i would not be so confident in it with many servers around...

then imo just take DN sub ofc and find a real specificity for this new server in order to render it more attractive for all. i suggest then maybe to do a DN sub server based on FACTION PVP (blue vs red). Roughly as a DN server (ok as many said without EO donation nor dyna DN set...) but with a specific system of faction (faction points, faction xp, ...)

fun
exctiting even for old players
attractive
huge perspective of flamwars:)

voila:)

ciao
Thanks for suggestions, but it wont happen we have something else on our minds.