Web Analytics
Custom Stacking Subclass - idea (Party Master)

News:

Main Menu

Custom Stacking Subclass - idea (Party Master)

Started by Merm, March 12, 2010, 07:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merm

Because some people cry (well quite a few people) about game not being balanced because of chars such as tyrant/destro and alike, I came up with an idea to do something about it.
BEFORE you read on, if you don't want a little more balanced gameplay stop reading right now :P

So here is the idea:
- you can have main class and retail like sub, both to max levels
- you make a special sub that you exp separately - I called it Party Master sub
   * you can choose any SUPPORT class for Party Master sub (i.e. PP,SE,EE,SWS,BD)
   * it could be enabled with lvl 75+, I thought about a quest for it where you need to kill some mobs but you have to be with at least 3 people  in party (just so it fits the theme of party master ..)
   * you start Party Master sub at lvl 40 with 2nd occupation (kinda like the DN stack sub).
- when you play Party Master sub, you can use all the skills from that class
- when you switch to your main or the retail-like sub you can use the Party Master sub skills. But following apply:
   * passives from Party Master do NOT stack (so you don't get overpowered chars)
   * you can only use buff skills, that can be applied to other people as well as you - so you can't for example use Reflect Arrow, Defence Aura etc.

So to illustrate how things would look like:
lets say you make a HE, you lvl to 75 or whatever do the quest and start for example BD as your Party Master sub. When you play your Party Master sub you basically play like a normal (non subbed) BD. So you grind or some1 help you and you decide you have done enough for today, so you switch back to main (or the retail-like sub) and now you have dances from BD available to use. You can't use for example UD, Deflect Arrow, Arrest or Dance of Medusa - Why? they are not buff skills and some can't be used on people in party.

So what is easied?
You make one Party Master sub and can use it with main and retail - saving time and you can enjoy your char more.
In the above example, you still play like a Hawk Eye, but now can buff with dances. If you had retail like sub Destroyer, you could use dances from Destro as well.

So whats better?
You cant make TY/DES, SPS/EE, TH/PAL and other bullshit. You are as powerful as you should (no boosts from passives and active self-buffs) but can buff others - so its more like having your main and a dual box. You play with main and use dual to do buffs, that is it, just now that dual box is 'embedded' in your main.

What is worse?
You can't pown people like you are used to. BUT hey!! you have 4 other servers to wreak havoc xD

Anything else?
I suppose that to some level, people will need more people in party than usually. AND NO! I dont think that this is bad! L2 is a MMORPG game and people should play together...  I think it's really stupid when a party is just a ty/des, se/bd (probably box) and that's it...

Summoners.....
I had hard time thinking about these, because they are sort of supports too (not directly, but their summons can buff).
So I think that easiest option is to either:
- allow people to use summon's skills directly from main or retail-like sub (i.e. you can cast Blessing of Feline Queen yourself, dont need the summon)
OR
- you can summon the cat BUT it can NOT attack (ofc you can NOT use Transfer Pain) and you buff from summon's interface window.

Since you got all the way to this point you are probably a player who is not here to flame, so why not leave a response?  ;)

I really think this would be nice, however I also know it would be somehow hard to implement...
OFC you will do whatever you want :)
[ x5 ] ] ] ] ] ]  ] ]  ]  ]  ]  ]  ]  ]   ]    ]    ]    ]     ]      ]      ]      ]         ]
               __    ___
| \   | \     \_     \__/     | \   | \
|   \ |   \    \__    \   \    |   \ |   \

zule88

i tell u something, this would be unique all right, but hear this,  my job is something like construction worker , so i come to work and customers say me i want to have that  and that and that...... and hes cute litle wife oh dear that is so super ! u have so good imagination!!! but hey nobody asked me is it possible to do that ? and ofc its possible if u ask me man send other man to the moon  .... but that ask $$ and time :D u get what i mean ?

that is nice but if they dont get any $$ for it or they dont get this as good investment for future they simple would not do that... they actually got life and to code something like this is.... well its demands certain resources  ;)  its more simple to ctrl+v some server .... but hey u can do this and take all glory for ur self ... u just shared very Super! idea ....
EvE> KMV - Tepir -Amarr
[url=http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Tepir][/url]

Ashlynn

Quote from: Merm on March 12, 2010, 07:46:57 PM
Anything else?
I suppose that to some level, people will need more people in party than usually. AND NO! I dont think that this is bad! L2 is a MMORPG game and people should play together...  I think it's really stupid when a party is just a ty/des, se/bd (probably box) and that's it...
I don't think so. People will still making dual boxes, but mutant support chars will be easier to make.

Well, it would be quite alike now, only rather lame imo.

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

zule88

Quote from: Ashlynn on March 13, 2010, 02:18:36 AM
I don't think so. While having dual box allowed, you'd be able to make a PP/BD and in combination with f.e. HE/SwS you will be on fullbuffs all the time. So in fact, you will need even less people to play with.

ho cat buff ^^ no bp :D
EvE> KMV - Tepir -Amarr
[url=http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Tepir][/url]

Naiz

Vash aka Mardun / SoBOtA / ChriSBrowN

Naiz  / Teutates

ExCiDiuM / CaerSidi

Merm

Quote from: Ashlynn on March 13, 2010, 02:18:36 AM
I don't think so. People will still making dual boxes, but mutant support chars will be easier to make.

Well, it would be quite alike now, only rather lame imo.
Well, surelly it would be easier to make a mutant support, but if you say it would be quite like now then I suppose you could try to read what I wrote once more...
You can't make overpowered chars in the shortest form. HE/WK couldn't cast debuffs, wouldn't get patk bonus, wouldn't get passive m.def bonus etc etc. You can't make ty/des, he/pal etc etc if this is pretty much what it is now then maybe we are not playing on the same server lol

I respect everyone's opinions but at least try to make sense or show that you read it all ;)
Coding-wise... give me the code and I will work it out :P I dont need any $$ just time - doing my games programming course in uni, so not THAT much time hehe btw I dont think it would be that hard and on top of that it would require much less maintenance - no need to continuously implement and put nerfs, join passive skills together and rework many other things (i.e. passives from PP etc) - they could be left as they were made by nc-soft, so you know...   anyway Descent and Torn said they want to make it fun to people to play on the upcoming x20 serv, well imo you can't make anything cool without putting in some effort...
[ x5 ] ] ] ] ] ]  ] ]  ]  ]  ]  ]  ]  ]   ]    ]    ]    ]     ]      ]      ]      ]         ]
               __    ___
| \   | \     \_     \__/     | \   | \
|   \ |   \    \__    \   \    |   \ |   \

Ashlynn

Quote from: Merm on March 14, 2010, 12:50:02 AM
Well, surelly it would be easier to make a mutant support, but if you say it would be quite like now then I suppose you could try to read what I wrote once more...
You can't make overpowered chars in the shortest form. HE/WK couldn't cast debuffs, wouldn't get patk bonus, wouldn't get passive m.def bonus etc etc. You can't make ty/des, he/pal etc etc if this is pretty much what it is now then maybe we are not playing on the same server lol

The most important part was in fact the second sentence. That it would be rather lame and imo not really attractive to play. There won't be any variety of chars, no new combos to explore (there are none now anyway, but still... ).

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

+GekKey+

great idea but imo its gonna end up with all in one buffer following another char...

w3roc

Best idea is -can take only any buffer as stack class  -realy best. And if people can have stack only with pp,bishop, se, ee, wc, ol or bd and sws -this will be more nice. And it wil lbe more balance in game. But about not worked stack passives it sux.
About Summoner:  summoner -he give just 1 buff - so if u want summon buffs -make summmoner as class. If will be care about 1 buff what can got from summoner and about some cubics - in this case warsmith need too maked buffer class - lol.