Web Analytics
What pc should we got for fast gaming in server.. what u suggest? - Page 2

News:

Main Menu

What pc should we got for fast gaming in server.. what u suggest?

Started by NIORI, May 08, 2010, 05:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyZENITH

Quote from: nolimits on May 12, 2010, 10:25:34 AM
Oo Zenith. heya here (kde ty se tu beres? ukaz se ingame;) )

Who are you?  I can't seems to remember your name. But, I'm not a player on DN since september 2007, I just time to time log to check in.

Quote from: DezZzO_ on May 12, 2010, 10:49:46 AM
Exactly this ... I've been searching and I found out that the bottleneck for Lineage 2 was the HDD .. didn't know that thing of FPU  :P
I hope I can get one SSD soon to check it myself ... I'm using RamDisk but I only have 4GB ram so I can't use many for it. Actually I think I'm not using it for nothing atm .. didn't check out how to configure it ...

Check this video guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBSqQEPNoD8

Anyone here plays with an SSD? What u think about the video?

The CPU performance will increase your fps number, very good for mass pvp or sieges or whatever.

Well about the SSD, I don't have to watch the video. I have at home SSD raid field with 700MB/s read. Also the ramdrive. Both are insanely fast (ramdrive off course the best) you will often gain a lot of advantage, but if you want to unleash it's full potential, you also need to edit the l2.ini and increase the max pawn resource load, so you will not only have locations loading instantly, but also character loads instant , which is quite important.

Infinity 5x: LadyZENITH - sps/sws - retired :(

nolimits

Quote from: LadyZENITH on May 12, 2010, 12:26:45 PM
Who are you?  I can't seems to remember your name. But, I'm not a player on DN since september 2007, I just time to time log to check in.

trpajzilk ? to si snad jeste pamatujes ne ? :p
Maestro Trpajzilk
Bounty Hunter Rostanda
dwarfs forever

LadyZENITH

Quote from: nolimits on May 12, 2010, 12:43:41 PM
trpajzilk ? to si snad jeste pamatujes ne ? :p

Whoa, I will be sending you a PM. I will not use this local middle-European dialect on public. You are not supposed to be alive btw. You were old and fat even when Lady was still in action and that is damn long time ago. I don't want to talk with you on public you would scare my girl...

Piccy

mh lady,very  interesting part about ramdisk but the prblem is...
i should create a ramdisk (10gb at least) and copy/paste l2 folder EACH time ?

isn't far better in this case SSD or 10.k rpm disk ??

(what's to edit in l2.ini ????)

still fightin with my athlon and (i think) 5400 rpm disk :D

for other that never noticed it: http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115055
l2 is single core : for high framerate u need 1: high frequency cpu 2: good architecture..... atm best are phenom 2 BE and i have to admit....core i5 750 (one of best if not BEST all round cpu)
[url=http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1869914][/url]

LadyZENITH

Yeah L2 is singlecore and it depends mostly on the FPU performance of that one core. From today's CPU's, those Nehalem architecture based are the best.

SAS / SCSI 15k drives are no go. They will be like  1 /3 to 1/2 better then normal HDD but SSD drive will be like 300% faster or more. Ramdrive even more.

And coming to the details of it, it is all on your software, I'm using "sperspeed ramdisk plus" for 2 reasons. 1st - it can create backup of that ramdrive and restore it o each boot, so you will have there your data. And second and far more important, it can use PAE addressing. Aka it can access over 4GB space even in 32-bit OS (if your OS have it enabled and both your cpu and board supports it. I use it that way now, cause my sound card is not some integrated piece of **** and unfortunatelly, my HW equalizer is not working with 64-bit OS, so atm I'm using 32-bit win7, 3,3GB ram for OS, rest is for ramdrive, in ramdrive is swap file and the game that I want to play ATM.  In L2 combined with modified l2.ini it was pretty insane, aka teleport, make screenshot of them there and return/bsoe before they can even target you is priceless.  :D And depressing for the other side.

Girkil

Quote from: NIORI on May 08, 2010, 07:37:35 PM
Wtf is then with mine, i got icore7 10gm ram. and 24mbs. inter connection
and i still get lots of lag. but only in dragon-networrk in other servers i dont got problem. :-\
mby u bought this computer from any market ? tell the full mobo plz

Piccy

Quote from: LadyZENITH on May 12, 2010, 02:20:00 PM
Yeah L2 is singlecore and it depends mostly on the FPU performance of that one core. From today's CPU's, those Nehalem architecture based are the best.

SAS / SCSI 15k drives are no go. They will be like  1 /3 to 1/2 better then normal HDD but SSD drive will be like 300% faster or more. Ramdrive even more.

And coming to the details of it, it is all on your software, I'm using "sperspeed ramdisk plus" for 2 reasons. 1st - it can create backup of that ramdrive and restore it o each boot, so you will have there your data. And second and far more important, it can use PAE addressing. Aka it can access over 4GB space even in 32-bit OS (if your OS have it enabled and both your cpu and board supports it. I use it that way now, cause my sound card is not some integrated piece of **** and unfortunatelly, my HW equalizer is not working with 64-bit OS, so atm I'm using 32-bit win7, 3,3GB ram for OS, rest is for ramdrive, in ramdrive is swap file and the game that I want to play ATM.  In L2 combined with modified l2.ini it was pretty insane, aka teleport, make screenshot of them there and return/bsoe before they can even target you is priceless.  :D And depressing for the other side.

well, main problem is that ramdisk is not possible for me atm couse don't wanna update system (and also for sure my athlonx2 will bottleneck his speed) and my am2 mobo will support max 4 gb ram (2 atm)

maybe a little ssd will improve it a bit...why not.....
any suggestion for SSD 16-20 gb ? at price for 50-70â,¬ ?

ps: damn every time we talk about pc with u zenith, i feel i must buy new machine.....

LadyZENITH

Intel X25 40gb Piccy, do not think about anything else, anything cheaper, or you will just regret that wasted money. Trust me, crappy SSD drives without good controller and cache are really bad idea.

Piccy

fewwwwwwwww ....100â,¬

ps: x25 better than this ???? http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/solid-state-drives/2-5--sata-ii/value-solid-state-drives/ocz-onyx-series-sata-ii-2-5--ssd.html
couse price is quite same...... (ok i have to study SSD too)

btw, waiting a little pm about mod l2.ini very interested also in this

Valedino

U dont tell us if u want Intel or Amd how much u can afford or w/e.Anyway i have this :
CASE : Coolermaster Haf 932
Power supply : Corsair CMPSU - 750HXEU (750W)
CPU : Intel core i7 -860 (s1156,2,8Ghz,8mb)
Mobo : Gigabyte P55A - UD7
RAM : Corsair 6GB DDR3 -1866 ( TR3X6G1866C9DF)
VGA : Gigabyte GV - R5850C -1GB
HD : WD 1,5Tb
SSD : Corsair Reactor series 120 Gb

Well it makes its job  ;D btw the inet provider plays big role on the fast gaming,surfing w/e -download,upload speed-.

LadyZENITH

Quote from: Piccy on May 12, 2010, 05:05:53 PM
fewwwwwwwww ....100â,¬

ps: x25 better than this ???? http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/solid-state-drives/2-5--sata-ii/value-solid-state-drives/ocz-onyx-series-sata-ii-2-5--ssd.html
couse price is quite same...... (ok i have to study SSD too)

btw, waiting a little pm about mod l2.ini very interested also in this

If OCZ, go for vertex, not this one. This one had the old crappy Jmicron controller, that would be a pain not a joy. And that PM will come...

DezZzO_

Quote from: LadyZENITH on May 12, 2010, 12:26:45 PM
The CPU performance will increase your fps number, very good for mass pvp or sieges or whatever.

Well about the SSD, I don't have to watch the video. I have at home SSD raid field with 700MB/s read. Also the ramdrive. Both are insanely fast (ramdrive off course the best) you will often gain a lot of advantage, but if you want to unleash it's full potential, you also need to edit the l2.ini and increase the max pawn resource load, so you will not only have locations loading instantly, but also character loads instant , which is quite important.

Can u tell me more what to do on those pawn lines of l2.ini ?
for example I have atm: L2MaxPawnResourceLoad=1.0 change to 2.0 ? ::)
I'm curious now if I can get the game runing better only by editing this file ... cuz atm there's no money for SSD  :-\

I have:

RAM: KINGSTON PC2-8500 HYPERX DC 4Gb (2x2048)
CPU: C2D E8400
GPU: HD 4890
HDD: WD - Caviar Green HDD 500GB SATA II

OLD SHADOW, RAVEN & NIGHTMARE Player: DezZzO

[URL=http://www.battlefieldheroes.com][/URL]