PC crash

News:

Main Menu

PC crash

Started by ranma, May 24, 2010, 02:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranma

to go to the problem directly PC crashes on random time while playing  l2
i did play hellbound long time ago but was on Gracia till i got the call from my friends to play back on DN new server so i DL the hellbound now it crashes my pc or freeze it.  was lvling up to lvl 12 normally when suddenly restarted, after that each time when i play more than 1 min there is a chance that it'll restart my pc.
I got the newest drivers, directX and all that , even i was playing Gracia epilogue just yesterday normally. over the night i dled the hellbound and the file is not corrupted so no mistake about the client.
I was searching the net for some info about it. got the info to switch  from AGP x8 to x4 and did that still nothing.
detailed info about pc:
AMD sempron processor 2800+ 1.60 GHz. 1.25 GB Ram memory
GeForce nx6200ax

Hope you can help me thx.

Barnie

few years ago I had the same problem and it was bad RAM, which said bye to me few weeks later completely...

what about other games? try something which will make some workload... (f.e. my pc could have handled adventures, but nothing more)
Shaileena - Atlant1s
Revan - † Blades †
[url=http://img190.imageshack.us/i/fellowship.png/][/url]

undertaker22

Quote from: ranma on May 24, 2010, 02:28:19 PM
to go to the problem directly PC crashes on random time while playing  l2
i did play hellbound long time ago but was on Gracia till i got the call from my friends to play back on DN new server so i DL the hellbound now it crashes my pc or freeze it.  was lvling up to lvl 12 normally when suddenly restarted, after that each time when i play more than 1 min there is a chance that it'll restart my pc.
I got the newest drivers, directX and all that , even i was playing Gracia epilogue just yesterday normally. over the night i dled the hellbound and the file is not corrupted so no mistake about the client.
I was searching the net for some info about it. got the info to switch  from AGP x8 to x4 and did that still nothing.
detailed info about pc:
AMD sempron processor 2800+ 1.60 GHz. 1.25 GB Ram memory
GeForce nx6200ax

Hope you can help me thx.

what are your pc temps  
CPu core temp?
GPu core temp?
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/CoreTemp32.zip       =32 bit version
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/CoreTemp64.zip      =64 bit version
the above will tell u cpu temps

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/
will tell you gpu temps make sure you test while playing l2 or   while the cores are under load

ranma

temp 39-42 normal. it's not the over heat i did the check.
as i said i did play gracia epilogue normally and i played SPORE but that's not a good game for the pc to work up. i use some programs to fill out the unsued ram like adobe premiere, photoshop, vegas, l2 gracia and still didn't freez nor did it restart so i assume there is a file on l2 hellbound that overwork or blocks the pc donno why.
i am ingame right now and 15 min so far no restart so i'll keep it on like this xD still the bug might occur again so plz any way to fix it .... ?

-------------
edit
played normal for 30 min after wanted to port to gludin from ti and got bsod [ blue screen of death ] for lack of ram o_O ok that's not often....

-so i got the latest nvidia drivers, solid ram memory, details ig put on minimal, direct X 9.0c, and not a lot of programs cuz i just reinstaled windows not so long ago, no virus , CPU heat normal,  the other programs/games working fine just when on hellbound pc crashes.. :/ and i played hellbound like a year ago on the same pc and didn't had this problem. what to do , what to do  ???

ranma

::) bump adding new update still no change
i found a lot of ppl complaining about  pc crash while play the l2
i tried all the advices
like:
reinstal : DirectX, Graphic card driver, l2 client
uninstal / deactivate: uninstal messengers ,   delete Game Guard [ none in system Oo ] , deactivate firewall and automatic updates [ did that at the start i did try with them too same result ], uninstal graphic card newest drivers and put some old one.

now the following is to put in new power charger ... no money now too bad... and to reinstal windows. i'll try over the weekend to instal a new xp sp 2 and to see if it runs normally on that one.
so the bug is not fixed and it happens often to ppl but no comment on how to fix that, ppl say that the pc will only get worse and worse each time i try to run it, so i'll stop here and hope when installed new xp will be no problems. Still if you think of any solution about fixing the problem i'll try it out. hope for some response from any 1 that had the same problem. i'll post here if the bug was fixed after the new xp installation.

----------- new update
the problem was fixed the newest updated drivers did the crash. so i used the old ones and cleaned up the pc , removed the ram memory and vacuumed inside a bit.  the game [ u just lost ] and the pc are back to normal. so the problem was with the updated graphic card drivers were messing a bit with the ram memory and that cosed the crash looks like the hellbound got some files that more uses the graphic card then Gracia so basically uninstall all gc drivers and try to find some old ones and all will be back to normal.
not always is the newest best i guess.
hope it'll help some if have the same problem, if not pm me for detailed info on what to do and we hope it'll work ty.