Web Analytics
Eyeballing PVP damage?

News:

Main Menu

Eyeballing PVP damage?

Started by bsrealm, July 03, 2010, 01:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsrealm

I do not like what is happening here with respect to PVP damage. What is this testing and adjusting damage stuff going on? Are you going to "fix" and "adjust" archer damage until an archer vs mage fight goes very close before someone dies? Just eyeball it away like that? Same with attributes, dagger skills, whatever.

Why not just use the original code/files that came with lineage 2? I don't like this let-me-adjust-to-what-I've-seen-in-l2-calc-and-personal-experience stuff. Is there no clean unchanged baseline files that you can restore? Even a few points of damage +/- changes a lot of dynamics. I am a paid, full time, game designer and architect. This approach really worries me.

Having said that, I really do appreciate the fixes and we are indeed moving forward in the right direction; but I am not comfortable with these eyeballed value changes. We have to remember that each class has certain tricks up its sleeve intended to balance stuff. Archers have stun shot; mages get surrenders and cancels and other debuffs; so just don't balance some random damage-based stuff.

I am worried.
Balki

Diogo23

as i said before already, "Are u guys trying some kinda of a new game?".

L2 off has the  normal l2 files, and ppl still play there, ppl pvp there, and no1 crys.

Just Face smthg that ppl never acept!! There will be always a class, that owns another, always!

Anyway, no point crying for anything.... their server, their rules.

pigozord

Quote from: Diogo23 on July 03, 2010, 02:33:15 AM
as i said before already, "Are u guys trying some kinda of a new game?".

L2 off has the  normal l2 files, and ppl still play there, ppl pvp there, and no1 crys.

Just Face smthg that ppl never acept!! There will be always a class, that owns another, always!

Anyway, no point crying for anything.... their server, their rules.

+1

some people will never realise, that L2 is not ballanced game, bishop will not kill necromacer, so it pointless to 'balance' classes.

nolimits

Quote from: bsrealm on July 03, 2010, 01:56:19 AM
I do not like what is happening here with respect to PVP damage. What is this testing and adjusting damage stuff going on? Are you going to "fix" and "adjust" archer damage until an archer vs mage fight goes very close before someone dies? Just eyeball it away like that? Same with attributes, dagger skills, whatever.

Why not just use the original code/files that came with lineage 2? I don't like this let-me-adjust-to-what-I've-seen-in-l2-calc-and-personal-experience stuff. Is there no clean unchanged baseline files that you can restore? Even a few points of damage +/- changes a lot of dynamics. I am a paid, full time, game designer and architect. This approach really worries me.

Having said that, I really do appreciate the fixes and we are indeed moving forward in the right direction; but I am not comfortable with these eyeballed value changes. We have to remember that each class has certain tricks up its sleeve intended to balance stuff. Archers have stun shot; mages get surrenders and cancels and other debuffs; so just don't balance some random damage-based stuff.

I am worried.

i see your point but dont you realize that its not possible here? original files are not suited to DN dualclass, original files on dualclass would make you much more OP classes with stacked masteries etc...
Maestro Trpajzilk
Bounty Hunter Rostanda
dwarfs forever

bsrealm

I disagree. There aren't many things that "stack" now. Its just more skills on one char. Armor masteries do not stack. Weapon masteries do not stack. Its only a few skills that give you more ompf.

A few offensive examples comes to mind:
HE/WL - WarCry and perhaps Focus Attack
TY/DE - Frenzy and some totems and overall a flexible character

But look at the defensive options:
/Tank - UD, Party UD, Vengeance, Deflect Arrow, Passive MDEF
/SongDancer - Passive MDEF, Deflect Arrow
/Summoner - Transfer Pain
/Warriors - Parry stance and totems
/Mystics - Passive MDEF

Everyone has the chance to go /tank or /summon anyway which is far more effective than the boosts you get offense wise in this server. Very very minor tweaks (if any) are all thats required from the baseline l2 files because there isn't much (dare say anything) that stacks! So, if you want to have more defense, make a defensive char. Do not make, say, an SPS/EE or BP/PP and then adjust archer damage by eyeballing it. It is unncessary in this server all things considered. In other words, what is the point of allowing multiclass (defensive mainly) characters if you are going to boost damage to circumvent, say, Deflect Arrow and such. Kinda defeats the multiclassing and forces people to go /tank if we boost damage and such.

Like I said, there are soo many factors in play. Let us play by making smart multiclasses and playstyles instead of tweaking numbers at random.

My $0.02.

[PS] I use the word multiclass coz things dont really "stack" here.
Balki

k0dex

agreed with bsrealm . about dmg its now perfect , only  dagger dmg is too low but jaila said hes working on it so READ freakING OTHER TOPICS STOP SPAM WITH NEW SHITTY "to gm" "to torn" "about nerf"  "about my dead dog"

Vinter

JOIN THE BATTLE !!
http://warthunder.com/
Car of my dreams <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSmgMzFdv4M

Toszi

Fighter dmg was freaked up from the start(maybe its started when dn went to interlude, and drake freaked up the pvp dmg). Now its fixed, dont cry.

On the road again. :D

bsrealm

Just to make it clear; we all love the initial changes, but this continuous testing and fixing thing is black magic. Not science nor game design.
Balki

Akira

Quote from: bsrealm on July 03, 2010, 01:56:19 AM

I am worried.

He writes wise words!
good things
[URL=http://"http://www.sdcv.pl"][/URL]