Main Menu

Server Merge (Pro/Cons)

Started by vaiper, September 10, 2010, 12:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felo41

F3LO - GS/PK  VanFelo - MM/ES     TheHulk - T/D  iFelo - PK/AL

roberts

Quote from: Dayman on September 12, 2010, 12:45:55 PM
Merging is not possible w/o full or partial wipe.
1st you have to resolve nickname collisions between servers. As every character is identified by his nickname there is no way of merging w/o resolving this somehow. Same shit goes for clans and alliances. Also any friend lists and block lists need to be cleared. Completely. On every char on every server.
2nd Clanhalls/Castles and anything else that exists in limited instances needs to be taken from their current owners.
3rd You'll have to resolve psychological issues: server X has more OE weapons - that's unfair; server X has +YY skills - that's unfair and so on. Players will accept their fate eventually, but continuous crying may slow down the whole process. Complete wipe resolves this part.

And anyone can understand that a full wipe is almost identical to the 1st part. So, probability of servers' merge is less than 0.001%. Enjoy.

yeah, maybe, but i think we can agree about 1 thing:

try to keep 5 servers alive is totally bullshit. (when the offical lineage 2 server  also makes 1 big EU server )

I know that they have more resources and power, but i dont belive that it's impossible to do it. More ppl playing on a server = more ppl will come = more donate... think about it
RobertS lvl 76+ SS/PS Valkyrie (x9)
Leader of Goldragon (with Hungary)

cerebelo

merge is stupid ideea ..... wipe is stupid ideea... roll back to c4 is stupid ideea

Quote from: ShowStopper on July 02, 2012, 11:11:53 AM
DONATE FOR COINS IF U WANT OP ITEMS OR STOP CRY

ChillyWilly

Quote from: cerebelo on September 13, 2010, 03:50:31 PM
merge is stupid ideea ..... wipe is stupid ideea... roll back to c4 is stupid ideea
giving you forum account is stupid idea (correct spelling)

:P just couldn't stop myself ..............

Dayman

Quote from: roberts on September 13, 2010, 03:11:58 PM
try to keep 5 servers alive is totally bullshit. (when the offical lineage 2 server  also makes 1 big EU server )

I know that they have more resources and power, but i dont belive that it's impossible to do it. More ppl playing on a server = more ppl will come = more donate... think about it
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=210715
Yeah. I see now. They're having nickname collisions anyway. We'll see how they've managed to resolve all that shit on 5th October.
P.S. I lold. Seriously. Lineage is having harsh times. Merge's being made not to make everything better for players, but to prevent losses from maintaining unpopulated servers. Expect 1 server in 2 years and f2p coming next.

J4cKDan13L

I heard that even official servers are merging due the lack of players... ROFLMAO!! =D
J4cKDan13L
Storm Screamer/Shillen's Saint 85

Infinity player since 15:53 gmt+1 of 28th june 2005 goddammit!

roberts

Quote from: Norther on September 13, 2010, 07:26:42 PM
Yes and they have as already mentioned a hell of problems with nickname collisions  ;D

you should copy their solution if they announced it
RobertS lvl 76+ SS/PS Valkyrie (x9)
Leader of Goldragon (with Hungary)

Dag

ribadiamo che siamo contari a tutte queste cose della parità
PERCHE ????
le donne vogliono la parità sessuale....ma..boia della vigliacca NON SIAMO PARI.
c'è una bella differenza fra tenere aperto il sacco e sbadilarci dentro

PALMIRO SEI UN DIO !!!!
zelig. 23/02/10

J4cKDan13L

Quote from: Torek [IF] on September 14, 2010, 12:19:27 PM

it's easy.

my nick is Torek on 5x, if ur is the same on NM just put at the end of our nick just a letter, so it will be:

Torek[ I]
Torek[N]

I stand for infy and N stand for Nightmare.
imho it's just matter of time cuz it will be very boring to do :P

I stands for IDIOT maybe =D
J4cKDan13L
Storm Screamer/Shillen's Saint 85

Infinity player since 15:53 gmt+1 of 28th june 2005 goddammit!

cerebelo

Quote from: ChillyWilly on September 13, 2010, 05:17:29 PM
giving you forum account is stupid idea (correct spelling)

:P just couldn't stop myself ..............

giving you air is stupid ideeeeea   ( english teacher .... just foking hate u all that are looking for wrong spelling )
Quote from: ShowStopper on July 02, 2012, 11:11:53 AM
DONATE FOR COINS IF U WANT OP ITEMS OR STOP CRY

Kapa

the only one normal chance to merge servers would be to wipe everything, but the hundreds of players whos spent lot of money for donate (or just spent a lot of time with farming in the game) never ever accept it, then its useless talk imo, better to increase somehow the new players number on every server,couse all server looks like an L2 free oldies home....
WAS:
Kapa - Th/pp
Gereblye - pp
Sinter - spoiler
Bise xuality - pr/bd (landed char)
Talicska - he/wl (landed char)
Cabaal - bp/pal (landed char)
TheAlien - ps/bd (own, and also last)

ChillyWilly

Quote from: cerebelo on September 14, 2010, 01:43:20 PM
giving you air is stupid ideeeeea   ( english teacher .... just foking hate u all that are looking for wrong spelling )

I do not LOOK for spelling errors...  I am far too likely to make them myself for that to make any sense.  It's just that when you are ranting about other people being stupid, you should take more care to not appear stupid yourself.