Server Merge (Pro/Cons) - Page 4

News:

Main Menu

Server Merge (Pro/Cons)

Started by vaiper, September 10, 2010, 12:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTKnight

CHILLY !!!!! :-)
I have to admit that a wipe would be a real pain. I don't have alot of time to play and it would hurt to lose the char's that it took me 3 years to make. And since I have multiple acounts on each server I'm curious about how they would resolve that.
Dragon 15x
SlashJT - Glad/DA
Powderpuffbuff - Pp/Bish - EE/PP
BeautifuldeathJT-SH/SE

JTKnight-TH/DA - WL
DeadlybeautyJT-SH/SE - WC/BD
ChanterJT - WC/DES
Artherial - AW/BD

Lianie*

And still some player would like it, others not..

How to find finally an end for that topic?

* Merge all server to one
- not nice solution, causes alot of problems

* Merge 30x + 15x (highrates) and 9x + 5x (lowrates)
- easier to handle, not that much problems

"Problems" to fix?
Names of Chars
> every Server got their own DB, not that hardly to realize
> more problems will causes the admin panel, yes drake or a full admin will need to that.

Names of Clans / Alliances .. etc
> same as with names of each Character

Player X got 1 Account playing on 3 Server.. and now?
> one good question..
* Players could tell which account they want to take on new server
* like Player X want take Chars from NM [account: xyz]

If you want a merge, try to help our GMs to find maybe a good solution for everyone and stop crying and complain
and whatever not, that helps no one.

ChillyWilly

Quote from: JTKnight on September 15, 2010, 04:08:47 AM
CHILLY !!!!! :-)
I have to admit that a wipe would be a real pain. I don't have alot of time to play and it would hurt to lose the char's that it took me 3 years to make. And since I have multiple acounts on each server I'm curious about how they would resolve that.
Hi JT, it's been a while... :) 
I also don't want a wipe, and I don't believe I'm the only nut-case with multiple character disorder who doesn't want to lose somebody special to them if the servers merge and there's no room in one account for all the chars that account has on 2 or 3 servers...  that's really my big problem with the whole idea, even though at the moment I'm only active on Valky, I put a lot of years into my other chars too,  I don't want to lose the choice to go back and visit them once in a while...

Blue-rave

Mmm ive been "inactively" playing since the server was C3 and im quite of a hell sure i dont want to see my chars deleted :S, not after "all the effort" i would have "wasted" creating them.

BBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

There's some shit called "collective decisions" and it mean that decisions should be made by an entire community (yeah, every player here). So...how about someone starts a poll about what should be the future of the server. But not a god forsaken poll, but one that even involucrates GMs. A sticky poll with options like...

[  ] Wipe all the community servers to create a new server from 0 (even starting with gracia)
[  ] Merge all the servers with an extremely amount of work from the GMs
[  ] Merge some servers (like Dragon and Nightmare in a 15x server and Infi and Valk in a 5x server)
[  ] Delete the community and lol at us...

or something like that.

After the poll finishes (like 1 week or semothing) everyone must abide to the collective decision (even if it means losing my chars...T_T)

just my humble opinion

-MichU-

atm on EU/NA retail servers xD
Quote from: NCsoft
In order to promote a healthy and competitive environment, as well as to offer a better overall experience in Lineage II, we will be combining North American servers, as well as European servers, on October 5, 2010. We intend to make this transition as smooth as possible for all of our players and are confident that the end result will provide a thriving community of dedicated Lineage II players.

Merged Servers
North American Servers Bartz, Devianne, Sayha, Aria, and Phoenix will be combined into a single server.

European servers Teon, Franz, and Luna will be combined into a single server.

New Server Name Selection Process
We will be accepting new server name nominations (NA EU) from 12:00 PM PDT 9/10/2010 until 10:00 AM PDT 9/14/2010. Once we have sorted name nominations, we will provide polls for the community to vote on the new server names from 10:00 AM PDT 9/15/2010 until 5:00 PM PDT 9/17/2010.

Please Note
To minimize the number of duplicate name conflicts during the server merge process, we will be deleting any character under level 20 that has not logged into the game in more than one year. This can be prevented by logging into the dormant character any time prior to the server merge on October 5, 2010.

The number of total character slots per server will remain at 7 per account. If a single account has more than 7 characters across the servers being merged, the 7 characters with the highest amount of experience will be kept, while the remaining will be deleted. If you feel this scenario may affect you, please consider moving items from lower level characters to higher level characters to prevent the loss of any desired items or consider deleting characters that

More specific merge information (clans, alliances, castles, Olympiad, etc.) will be provided at a later time.

Thanks for your continued loyalty to Lineage II.

Dhart

Quote from: -MichU- on September 16, 2010, 09:49:35 AM
atm on EU/NA retail servers xD
That's sick.

It sounds like a "Last shot before I die" move xD
If a network comes to this conclusion (LoL'd about retail's ) it means it has to die in peace.
If people are leaving is cause the game itself is getting bored , merging won't provide anything.
Just angry people for the nick/clan/clan hall issuse and others...but in the end , if you get bored in your own server , why should you have back the fun to play in another with the same system , just with more people...the only plus this merging offers is an improvement of  popultion , wich is absolutely not a solution to save this network ...
Face the truth , merging 3 different servers , who have even different and various bugs/exploits , what would bring ?
If the admins alredy canno't handle to fix the servers one by one , imagine how could it be possible with the issues from 3 different servers combined ! xD  a super mega uper duper bugged land !
Let it die in peace , at least it'll sound like the "legendary" ( xD ) dragon network !
Quote from: Torek [IF] on June 08, 2010, 12:34:09 PM
Dhart è un gladiatore (all rights reserved to Dhart)

roberts

Quote from: Dhart on September 16, 2010, 01:38:22 PM

If people are leaving is cause the game itself is getting bored , merging won't provide anything.

it's getting bored, because 200 ppl playing /server

Just angry people for the nick/clan/clan hall issuse and others...but in the end , if you get bored in your own server , why should you have back the fun to play in another with the same system , just with more people...the only plus this merging offers is an improvement of  popultion , wich is absolutely not a solution to save this network ...

as i wrote it before, more ppl playing on a server will bring more ppl to come and play here. and why dont we go to another server? because we do like this community

Face the truth , merging 3 different servers , who have even different and various bugs/exploits , what would bring ?

as far as i know, there werent so different bugs/exploits on the 3 server

If the admins alredy canno't handle to fix the servers one by one , imagine how could it be possible with the issues from 3 different servers combined ! xD  a super mega uper duper bugged land !
disagree. it's easier to focus on 1 server than fix bugs and others on 3 different server.  If the merge happened, there would be more GM's on the server so there would be less bugs, and less bot...

RobertS lvl 76+ SS/PS Valkyrie (x9)
Leader of Goldragon (with Hungary)

Dhart

Quote from: roberts on September 16, 2010, 02:26:28 PM
it's getting bored, because 200 ppl playing /server
as i wrote it before, more ppl playing on a server will bring more ppl to come and play here. and why dont we go to another server? because we do like this communitydisagree. it's easier to focus on 1 server than fix bugs and others on 3 different server.  If the happened, there would be more GM's on the server so there will be less bugs, and less bot...

People leave not just 'cause server sux , you never consider the fact that lineage 2 is nowdays obsolete , if a new player has to chose between l2 and another new-gen game , well my friend... I'd rather chose another game even tho' it would suck.
Do you know why ? 'cause l2 is freakin' old and it doesn't offer anything new to us , and you know it , not even NC soft decided to break up his own ass a little and decided to create something of cool and REALLY new ( Considering the fact that dinasties are all the same with changed textures , same goes for vesper and so on ) , makes me think a lot.

About old players , why should they keep playing here if after so many years of hoping , a mod can destruct everythin' you built up with few clicks ( Ops , dragon's gm ? ::) ) or simply sees no new updates/features .

Now talking about gm's staff etc.
There are several moderators wich work on these different server (2-3 per server ?)
They should be reporting  bugs/banning bad users , but what do we have ?
Gm's who play in game , taking benefits from their rights istead of helping others , or other situation where there's just ONE gm who has to do the whole work alone.
No way you'r gonna let those 2 kind of personalities work togheter. Take it off from your mind.

Still guys you'r trying to find a way , when there are no possible ways and you know it too , but you'r just too stubborn not to let the stupid pixel you made in years in a dead screen.
Quote from: Torek [IF] on June 08, 2010, 12:34:09 PM
Dhart è un gladiatore (all rights reserved to Dhart)

Geomantic

make warpgates in each town between servers :)
MonsterZoku

buzmasta

ye great what a freaki idea:D lets go NM exp a bit and back oly on infinity coz other servers+24 weapons or..(dragon hero with AM+zilion)..i go kick some nabs on infi :D

Infinity [x5] - buzmasta x28 real hero /OFF
Dragon [x15] - xx /---

Gonzal

Zegladis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I9OY21RblQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l6rFZSguG4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3ApA5Lgmgw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWjfdIi8k3w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdRUsYpEZpM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnAUEJ6V1BA

Geomantic

Quote from: buzmasta on September 16, 2010, 04:35:22 PM
ye great what a freaki idea:D lets go NM exp a bit and back oly on infinity coz other servers+24 weapons or..(dragon hero with AM+zilion)..i go kick some nabs on infi :D

well i think infi players will get +24 weapons at no time (we pro farmers not nab donators)
after 1-2 months will be balanced :D
MonsterZoku