Web Analytics
Comments on event

News:

Main Menu

Comments on event

Started by +GekKey+, October 08, 2010, 02:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

+GekKey+

At what time are the matches gonna be held? Personnaly i think it sucks little you make it under week cause then its prolby gonna be before 22h and then not everyone can participate cause of timezones...

You should make a defined schedule, if possible make it so ppl can play on weekend too. Have to be online and wait for your call to say ok, we can start now etc is quite not organised as a major event. People arent on-call just to go to your event.

So please, even if the event gonna last longer, would be better make it on weekend with a defined schedule. Anyways such an event would last one(1) day on weekend.

Altought, good to have something like this to bring back motivation to play here :D

Torn

Quote from: GekKey on October 08, 2010, 02:45:01 AM
At what time are the matches gonna be held? Personnaly i think it sucks little you make it under week cause then its prolby gonna be before 22h and then not everyone can participate cause of timezones...

You should make a defined schedule, if possible make it so ppl can play on weekend too. Have to be online and wait for your call to say ok, we can start now etc is quite not organised as a major event. People arent on-call just to go to your event.

So please, even if the event gonna last longer, would be better make it on weekend with a defined schedule. Anyways such an event would last one(1) day on weekend.

Altought, good to have something like this to bring back motivation to play here :D
No problem at all, as i said i will probably make it at weekend and that i will announce exact time 72h before event, however what do u suggest which time at weekend suits u most, i am opened for discussion at this subject , np?

Naiz

In my opinion this event should be in weekend at sth like 22-23 GMT+1 cuz i doubt that some1 have school/work/anything at this time(no counting partys ofc but you can always make 1 day break of it:P) and it would fit good for every teamzones.
Vash aka Mardun / SoBOtA / ChriSBrowN

Naiz  / Teutates

ExCiDiuM / CaerSidi

GhostSlayer

yep,weekend at evening will be good.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4SUH38yLSH__KXrzmwLXQ

https://www.twitch.tv/balanortv

wildpussy

i have 2 comments for the event

1. the rewards are imo too high, team who will win event is probably already very rich and now you're giving them extra 360 coins, 2nd place 180 coins, 3rd 90 coins, it's really alot...
2. it's written "use common sense" - no skills like foi, but hero skills are allowed, this for me doesn't make sense either

+GekKey+

Quote from: Torn on October 08, 2010, 12:07:59 PM
No problem at all, as i said i will probably make it at weekend and that i will announce exact time 72h before event, however what do u suggest which time at weekend suits u most, i am opened for discussion at this subject , np?

Well... in my opinion from 21h00 to 24h00 is nice window of time. For most of NA its about from 15h to 18h, so on weekend is this good. About this thing, ban the whole team when a member doesnt show, I mean, everyone can have something that pops in their face... could a team be able to participate anyways, and with 5 players, team is disqualified. There should be no big consequence on your side since other team as a draw and move to next fight... Ive been to alot of sport competition and tournements, a such "case" doesnt affect in a bad way the competition.

and as wildpussy pointed out, i think rewards should be discussed and hero skills shouldnt be allowed(personnal opinion)

altought the +20 no grade weapon seems funny imo :D If i get this reward im getting the club+20 :P

Torn

Quote from: wildpussy on October 08, 2010, 05:03:56 PM
i have 2 comments for the event

1. the rewards are imo too high, team who will win event is probably already very rich and now you're giving them extra 360 coins, 2nd place 180 coins, 3rd 90 coins, it's really alot...
2. it's written "use common sense" - no skills like foi, but hero skills are allowed, this for me doesn't make sense either

If you devide it by players it isnt too much, and sorry but i dont belive in such UNITE players who will give all 360/180/90 coins to 1 guy or 1 clan, am i right? (Or there is still walking Jesus among us?). Also dont you think a team who win in competition of 16 teams (16 partys x 9 players ) deserves i decent reword? I do.
About hero skills it can be also discussed too, i will rethink about it np.

Quote from: GekKey on October 08, 2010, 05:33:14 PM
Well... in my opinion from 21h00 to 24h00 is nice window of time. For most of NA its about from 15h to 18h, so on weekend is this good. About this thing, ban the whole team when a member doesnt show, I mean, everyone can have something that pops in their face... could a team be able to participate anyways, and with 5 players, team is disqualified. There should be no big consequence on your side since other team as a draw and move to next fight... Ive been to alot of sport competition and tournements, a such "case" doesnt affect in a bad way the competition.

and as wildpussy pointed out, i think rewards should be discussed and hero skills shouldnt be allowed(personnal opinion)

altought the +20 no grade weapon seems funny imo :D If i get this reward im getting the club+20 :P
About teams penalty i obviously made it cause of varios exploits, example: I can sign 5 teams (fake) and then i dont show on purpose on the event and well consequences are OBVIOUS too, thats why once you are approved and dont show up you will have consenquences , in real life you pay some sort of participation fee but at this point i made 1st event free for all, all you have to do is sign and show on time.

+GekKey+

Quote from: Torn on October 08, 2010, 05:55:03 PM
If you devide it by players it isnt too much, and sorry but i dont belive in such UNITE players who will give all 360/180/90 coins to 1 guy or 1 clan, am i right? (Or there is still walking Jesus among us?). Also dont you think a team who win in competition of 16 teams (16 partys x 9 players ) deserves i decent reword? I do.
About hero skills it can be also discussed too, i will rethink about it np.
About teams penalty i obviously made it cause of varios exploits, example: I can sign 5 teams (fake) and then i dont show on purpose on the event and well consequences are OBVIOUS too, thats why once you are approved and dont show up you will have consenquences , in real life you pay some sort of participation fee but at this point i made 1st event free for all, all you have to do is sign and show on time.

roger that :)

wildpussy

Quote from: Torn on October 08, 2010, 05:55:03 PM
40 coins / player is alot also
(I will win this event so i know it will be really alot for me xD)

also u're pretty much giving 360 coins to 1 clan cause i don't think there will be teams made out of strangers (and if they will, they wont have chance to win anyway)

what happens if there wont be 16 teams ? if there will be only 8 let's say

and about decent reward, i think they all deserve something unique to show off (like this +20 weapon), not 360 coins ... (4x dyna set? lol)

ok, maybe it's only my opinion

Torn

Quote from: wildpussy on October 08, 2010, 06:36:43 PM
40 coins / player is alot also
(I will win this event so i know it will be really alot for me xD)

also u're pretty much giving 360 coins to 1 clan cause i don't think there will be teams made out of strangers (and if they will, they wont have chance to win anyway)

what happens if there wont be 16 teams ? if there will be only 8 let's say

and about decent reward, i think they all deserve something unique to show off (like this +20 weapon), not 360 coins ... (4x dyna set? lol)

ok, maybe it's only my opinion
So you wanna tell me a team of 9 members from same clan (if they win) they will give all 360coins to a clan-clanleader to spend?

wildpussy

Quote from: Torn on October 08, 2010, 06:48:04 PM
So you wanna tell me a team of 9 members from same clan (if they win) they will give all 360coins to a clan-clanleader to spend?
I think you don't understand, you are making 1 clan (which is already strong) 360 coins stronger (4x dyna sets) - It is huge imo
I don't think ppl will buy hats for this

anyway, let's say coin : ews = 2 : 3

you are giving 540 ews to the winning team (or 60 ews / person)

it's not alittle bit too much ?

cause i'm little afraid here, this is only 1st event, if this event will be each month with such prices ???

Naiz

rewards are good, but the things that you could change is forbid hero skills and make ress allowed cuz with ress will be a way more fun.
Vash aka Mardun / SoBOtA / ChriSBrowN

Naiz  / Teutates

ExCiDiuM / CaerSidi