Web Analytics
Banner Competition!

News:

Main Menu

Banner Competition!

Started by =^TrackZero^=, January 18, 2013, 09:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=^TrackZero^=

This is challenge is opened to everyone who have some decent skills in making banners, challenge begins today 18.1 until 26.1.2013 , you are required to make  banners as good as you can in this specifications:

1)  width 160px x height 600px  <2600kb

2) 468x60 <50kb

Small notice: Remember it should be H5 oriented with some nice effects catchy for the eye!

Rewards: If we take both of your banners 1+2 you will receive Elegia Set (of your choice) with additional +50 coins , else if we take 1 of 2 banners you will receive only Elegia Set ( of your choice ) , additionally we will use your services in the future if needed, with of course more rewards.

How to apply:
-If you want to join mentioned competition you are required to send a mail with following subject:

- Subject: For Banners competition

- Details inside the mail needed: Forum nick and ingame name
- Banners images uploaded in proper SIZE (read above)

All this in proper form send to  dragon.network.lineage@gmail.com

If you miss some of this details your email will be ignored without further notice.
If you upload or send banners that exceeds the size limit we placed , your email will be ignored without further notice.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: After you win at this competition you are required to add any changes we require from you at any time.

If you do not agree with the terms above please do not accept the challenge.

Thank you

TrackZero

//after some of top banners are received we will post here the ones we consider they are the  best so you can all see them!

UPDATE: both banners must be in .gif
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

ryhoo

Isokratia

No .gif and no .png.

Your best option is Flash it has out compression and you can apply multiple effects.

About the formats 160x600 is one of the best and 468x60 is one of the worst if you don't have the right to test the specific location.

It also depends were you will use dose banners.

One more thing when you expect further changes it should be made on Flash and here we go the the basic mistake of this post.

You should ask from players for story boards of banners cause what it sell is not the picture but the text in it and the structure of the massages.

I'm sure that here you have people who have great ideas but but they won't be able to make them on banners - give them a chance and use them as well :P
Isokratia
DHL
Neli
Samosval1-17
PermaBan

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: Isokratia on January 19, 2013, 10:06:51 AM
No .gif and no .png.

Your best option is Flash it has out compression and you can apply multiple effects.

About the formats 160x600 is one of the best and 468x60 is one of the worst if you don't have the right to test the specific location.

It also depends were you will use dose banners.

One more thing when you expect further changes it should be made on Flash and here we go the the basic mistake of this post.

You should ask from players for story boards of banners cause what it sell is not the picture but the text in it and the structure of the massages.

I'm sure that here you have people who have great ideas but but they won't be able to make them on banners - give them a chance and use them as well :P
Thank you for the feedback and good suggestions, plan is to get nice design then we can work out on thext .
Side banner 1) will be used on gtop100 (side) and 2) on top 200, clearly top 200 will be vote only but thats why i work on the system to make players interested to vote (will explaine once this mess is over)

ryhoo

thanks for explain. I dont know how to use flash, and i dont like this format. Anyway ill take participation, making some banners in PS. I hope there will be some small gifts for other ppl, not only winners (hair accesory etc.)

1 more question - on banner should we place info about dragon x15 only, or arena x200 too?

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: ryhoo on January 19, 2013, 11:27:30 AM
thanks for explain. I dont know how to use flash, and i dont like this format. Anyway ill take participation, making some banners in PS. I hope there will be some small gifts for other ppl, not only winners (hair accesory etc.)

1 more question - on banner should we place info about dragon x15 only, or arena x200 too?
Both servers ofc, check texts of other servers so you can figure out which is most important data new players need.

Thank you

Isokratia

Ok some tips that may help:

For each banner save the font and send it with the banner, as well send the working files.

Everything happens and without them your work can be useless.

In the text of the banner use the main advantages of the server:
- Sub stack
- Free to play
- Number of players(you can write more of course :D)

Write on paper before development and clear the stages in the banner(it really helps), check the sites mentioned above and see which banners will grab your attention(you are the core target so if they grab you, they will grab other players as well), now steal those massages and implement them in your banners.

Be aware you will need either really good graphic skills or you will need different massages for both banners cause there is huge difference in there size.

Use readable fonts, any exotic ones will take away the users, people read over 25% slower on internet and that's affect there behaviour.

Try to use Swish it's very simple program with ready and cool flash effects so you don't need to be programmer to make flash banner.

Isokratia
DHL
Neli
Samosval1-17
PermaBan

+GekKey+

Quote from: Isokratia on January 19, 2013, 03:26:32 PM
Ok some tips that may help:

For each banner save the font and send it with the banner, as well send the working files.

Everything happens and without them your work can be useless.

In the text of the banner use the main advantages of the server:
- Sub stack
- Free to play
- Number of players(you can write more of course :D)

Write on paper before development and clear the stages in the banner(it really helps), check the sites mentioned above and see which banners will grab your attention(you are the core target so if they grab you, they will grab other players as well), now steal those massages and implement them in your banners.

Be aware you will need either really good graphic skills or you will need different massages for both banners cause there is huge difference in there size.

Use readable fonts, any exotic ones will take away the users, people read over 25% slower on internet and that's affect there behaviour.

Try to use Swish it's very simple program with ready and cool flash effects so you don't need to be programmer to make flash banner.

In my opinion, this should be part of the banner text as well : # of year the server/community has been up for, New player rewards, Auto events (if they will be part of the server), Non-L2j, Working geodata.

* I scracthed free to play cause l2 is now free to play.

OsirisDl

Well just sent a banner hope i did it right
------------------------------------------------------
You Are Going To Love Me Or Hate !!!
Infinity Player -  FriendCrafter

Herza

Pair of banners per person or if I sent you already and a new idea will hit me in the face I can make and send new ones?
Does freedom means that you can do whatever you want?

MyShalala
MentalEva
Herza

OsirisDl

question you need make both banners? or is either
You Are Going To Love Me Or Hate !!!
Infinity Player -  FriendCrafter

=^TrackZero^=

You can send 1 or 2 your call, but rewards are different read about it in beggining of the topic.

Also those 2 banners doesnt need to be of same style because they are for 2 different sites.