Web Analytics
Interlude client bug

News:

Main Menu

Interlude client bug

Started by +GekKey+, December 31, 2013, 04:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

+GekKey+

Has anyone had problems starting Interlude on W7 ?

When i try to launch mine from the l2.exe in the system folder the Interlude picture comes, goes off and nothing, the L2 window does not open. However I can see the process in my task manager..

weapon_zero

Just a shot

• Install Directx 9 (latest): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
  • Turn off UAC/right click and select "Run as Administrator"
Helps?

Btw, don´t play too much L2, save some time early 2015 for StarCitizen, mate!  ;)

MegaZord

Quote from: GekKey on December 31, 2013, 04:17:22 PM
Has anyone had problems starting Interlude on W7 ?

When i try to launch mine from the l2.exe in the system folder the Interlude picture comes, goes off and nothing, the L2 window does not open. However I can see the process in my task manager..

Nerd, installing Interlude 2 weeks before server start xDDDD
Dragon x15:
Angels Of Death Clan
Zordy - Cardinal/Phoenix Knight - retired
ZordII - Arcana Lord/Cardinal - active
Robin - Elemental Master/Mystic Muse - retired
Hellraiser x25:
Alastor - Cardinal/Phoenix Knight - retired
Zordinia - Sword Muse/Mystic Muse - retired

GenghisKhan

Try running it as administrator
Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on January 01, 2014, 10:16:44 AM
There will be no armors nor weapons at donny. Spoil/craft them.

+GekKey+

I had IL client installed for a while, back then I wanted to try out l2 phoenix. Long story short it didnt work either and I never tryed to fix it, but now that Dnet will open a IL server, I will have to get it to run.

I tryed all of the above, so lastest directx 9, disable UAC, Run as admin, I even put the program to run in Windows XP SP3 combatibilty mode. Nothing, the client keeps starting, I see the intro/loading image and thats it. Normally I get the warning about the AGP is desactivated, but with this IL client it doesnt even get there.

I am now trying a fresh install.

*Not working still.

**I installed client patch for l2 phoenix, it downloaded a BUNCH of l2 files, and the now client runs!

OsirisDl

Well I getting a problem also
I try out some inter servers but when I try them out like l2 phoenix I getting a error.

(The game may not be consistant [sic] because AGP is deactivated. Please activate AGP for consistency)

I did check dxdiag and all DirectX features are enabled so I doing anything wrong? why I getting the above msg? and why I cant test out other servers.

well hope some1 can help with some answers thanks

------------------------------------------------------
You Are Going To Love Me Or Hate !!!
Infinity Player -  FriendCrafter

OsirisDl

Well other problem is when i try to install interlude client, and once the download is finshed I get a notice that says i need DirectX 9 or higher, but i have DirectX 11 so yeah dont know

if any have any ideal let me know ty
You Are Going To Love Me Or Hate !!!
Infinity Player -  FriendCrafter

8kjupx3u

i cant fullcheck it :D
when i open it it disables

and sometimes i can start l2 and come to login screen really weird
Friends Become Wolves~

+GekKey+

Quote from: 8kjupx3u on January 01, 2014, 01:20:56 PM
i cant fullcheck it :D
when i open it it disables

and sometimes i can start l2 and come to login screen really weird

You cant run a fullcheck with a clean Interlude folder ? If so, it is normal, because NCSoft does not run IL servers, therefore you automaticly get "kicked" because you run an unsupported version.

8kjupx3u

Quote from: GekKey on January 01, 2014, 05:38:35 PM
You cant run a fullcheck with a clean Interlude folder ? If so, it is normal, because NCSoft does not run IL servers, therefore you automaticly get "kicked" because you run an unsupported version.
ah oke i did not know that ^^
Friends Become Wolves~

+GekKey+

Quote from: OsirisDl on January 01, 2014, 01:06:29 PM
Well other problem is when i try to install interlude client, and once the download is finshed I get a notice that says i need DirectX 9 or higher, but i have DirectX 11 so yeah dont know

Its a standard prompt message from the L2 installer, they are letting you know you should have directx 9 or higher.

As for the AGP error. Since I play L2, I owned ~4 different PC and on 3 of them, over 7 years I was getting this error because my card was not supporting AGP. I always click the "ok" went on, and played without any problems (compared to not having this error)

weapon_zero

Quote from: OsirisDl on January 01, 2014, 01:06:29 PM

DX11 does NOT substitute DX9! You will need to install DX9 (latest release) separately.