Web Analytics
Question about P. // Host file. Login Problems.

News:

Main Menu

Question about P. // Host file. Login Problems.

Started by Vestrivian, January 31, 2014, 10:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vestrivian

Hello,

I have small question. I would like to play L2 from work but I can't login. Updater launches and I can see Updates and DN information on launcher so connection looks fine. Problem starts when I start the game. After pressing Login nothing happens. No message that connection fail or anything like this. Game doesnt react just like server would be offline ( I tried few times so there is no way it's actually offline every time ).

Is there any1 who was as lazy as me in work and had time to play games ? :D
Question for admins: Is there any way to edit Host file or use external p. to connect to the server ?

Cheers.
V.

=drake=

Simply open the L2.ini file (using L2FileEdit or any software that can open it for you) and change the ServerAddr=YOUR.P..IP.HERE string found around line 14 of the file.

Save back and run the game straight from L2.exe (dont run launcher as it automatically patches that file without need of fullcheck!)

If you did all correctly and you setted up your p. in the correct way (means forwarding the the previous value that was in ServerAddr) you should be able to play from anywhere.

Vestrivian

It does not work. I guess I wont be able to play l2 at work. But well, its large international corporation. The IT is smarter than my l2.ini edit haxor skill :P