Web Analytics
warlock - Page 2

News:

Main Menu

warlock

Started by ciasnyviesiek, February 22, 2014, 11:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciasnyviesiek

I see. What about tanks as I asked before?

Garn.

Quote from: Falatko on February 28, 2014, 04:58:05 PM
tanks are on vacation, so u cant play them
they arent on vacation, they got fired  :'(
Garn3tt  GS/SS exDN 15x
First Hero GS on server :D

ciasnyviesiek

I'm gonna play it anyway, just wanted to ask a difference in pvp between pala and DA.

lNecropsy

Quote from: ciasnyviesiek on February 28, 2014, 05:18:57 PM
I'm gonna play it anyway, just wanted to ask a difference in pvp between pala and DA.

I prefer Pala over DA.

After few months, when a lot of ppl get their S grades and boss jewels, DA's Panther will die ine 2-3 hits.
Also, Touch of Death is not so simple as Touch of Life.

Angelic Icon and Touch of Life are awesome skills.
Necro (psy)
RedKnights Clan

ciasnyviesiek

Thank you. Gonna try that even if there are some nerfs that ppl keep saying that tanks are on holidays. Maybe they will change the nerfs in nearly future.

Chicks

Quote from: ciasnyviesiek on February 28, 2014, 04:18:03 PM
What about Pal or DA? I really wanted to make one of them though idk which one fits better and there are some nice amount of quarrels that they're useless because of nerfs?

I'd go DA if you want to be offensive, Pal if your more defensive. Depends on your sub really.
The last of his kind
Tk/Es 80 -> sorc 76
Quote from: Brownxtown
he pwns ppl, they see his pink poney and there like OMG GHEY PONEY and they dont hit it then the pony uses its pro pink powers and they die and the dead ppl go WTF PONY HAX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76hYNCxHBUE

ciasnyviesiek

Yea but I do not have any idea which sub to pick up as DA or Pala. I'll play only 1vs1/X max, probably won't focus on mass pvp and RBs as I don't have much time to play.

=drake=

Quote from: Garn. on February 28, 2014, 05:03:53 PM
they arent on vacation, they got fired  :'(

Warlock/Tank will not bring much benefit, IF you play in ROBE, beside some extra resistances and better shield usage.
You will get some extra defence if you play it in Light (warlock have light armor mastery, and tank have also) but with some deficit on the cast speed.

Right now i'm doing some tests IF let class mage/tank gain an extra skill: Heavy Armor Magic Mastery (that is of healers, as they have Heavy mastery directly in their healer branch)
Reason would be simple: Warlock (for example) have just robe/light mastery, but if you subclass it to Tank you gain Heavy Armor mastery. Right now you dont get the Heavy Armor Magic Mastery but would make sense to get it as, in fact, you got the basic mastery from your subclass.
This means, with still reduced casting speed (-18% with that mastery), you could be a Warlock/Tank in heavy (with full benefits of Heavy)

With this i dont say it will happen, we will see after further testing.

=drake=

Quote from: Falatko on February 28, 2014, 10:26:38 PM
it will has almost same casting speed like in robe?

By default (already right now and since 2006) all casters have lv1 of Heavy Armor Magic Mastery (that means: no proficiency at all)
This translates in a -50% cast speed in heavy compared to robe.
Gaining lv2 of Heavy Armor Magic Mastery would means change that -50% in a -18%.

The changes you suggested will not appear a they encourage a Tank gameplay in Robe. This is not what we have in mind and is not in the phylosophy of the server.
Full benefits of tank goes toward pure heavy armor gameplay (and shield, but fine also without if you go Warlord/Pal-DA).

ciasnyviesiek

=drake=

Quote from: Falatko on February 28, 2014, 10:40:45 PM
ok so does it mean when Necro pal lets saywith Heavy armor magic mastery will have -18% casting speed using heavy armor and can reach same armor as normal tank in Heavy armor?

It means, played in Heavy with shield, would have same armor of pure tank (as you get ALREADY right now if you are necro/tank and you dress up in Heavy) with in addition the casts of necro usable with a -18% cast speed reduction instead of -50%.
(other necro skills, in particular passives, could not stack up as they could be limited to robe. I cant check right now in realtime but by memory i would say MP regen and few other castspeed passives affecting just robe so the difference in total is higher than 18%)

Still dont take this as written on stone, we are still testing as we want to open new playable combos to give more choices (even in the same class duo, so that a player COULD prefer go heavy, another light and another robe and diversify themselves even more) but not create the new OP one.

EDIT: tattoos then can be used to overcome the remaining missing cast speed but well, they all have drawbacks with a certain impact and you are always limited to 1 at a time.

ciasnyviesiek

I just wanted to ask for a suitable subclass for DA or Pala.