Increased enchant rate - Page 3

News:

Main Menu

Increased enchant rate

Started by Lusieee, February 28, 2014, 05:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artur

Quote from: Abaddon on February 28, 2014, 06:59:29 PM
did they make a poll about rates/nerfs/features? nope, so they wont do this for enchant rates
Admins have their own vision about this server and nothing will change their mind, this discussion is pointless

yes, if it goes to enchants i think discussion is pointless, because we tested it a lot in closed beta and spent lots of hours discussing in gm team. We believe that current settings are best possible and current settings are final.

=drake=

Quote from: Falatko on February 28, 2014, 06:35:55 PM
but still q rbs for subclass should have lower respawn times
http://www.dragon-network.net/drop/iteminfo.php?name=q_sub_item&server_id=1&from_level=0

See the graph before and after the change (just change time-selection)
As you can see now what is obtained from golkies is evenly consumed, this means amount of horns is correctly balanced with the amount of players.
Before there was just a rampant growth of unused horns, means there was too many compared to actual players and server speed.

In case the spawns was really too few (like few players, you included, claims) the graph would instead go toward a reduction of amount (and as you can see, is not)

Csenky

There is a point in enchanting, where it is not worth using bews, because the value of the enchants have been put already is way higher than the base item > using blessed is a waste. By this matter, bews has only one single usage: +4 on tallum*dle for pussies. Any real enchanter who is enchanting just for the sake of adrenaline/glowing effect shall use normal scrolls. Blessed scrolls are killing the point of enchanting IMHO. That's why I didn't get the cryfest when the donny arrived on the server with the bews.

The other fail point of this crying is that people have no idea how these balance changes will work in endgame. I wouldn't defend the staff for any customization, but until we really experience how the many changes will affect the endgame, I'd rather see the crybabies banned instantly, because this river they cried already will soak in too many players who wouldn't have a problem otherwise.

edit.:
Still on the enchant rate topic: When I played on official (it was Kamael chronicle, before HB), and got my first tallum*damascus, I've made it up to +9 with normal scrolls in 2 days. Here on Tarantula, my enchant table:
briga helmet 3>4 broke
briga shield 3>4 broke
delu 5>6 broke
delu 6>7 broke
delu 5>6 broke
bonebreaker 4>5 broke
My friend:
tallum*damascus 3>4 broke

So, dear "ZOMG STARWARZ SERVER!!44!!4 DRAKE STAHP" guys, try to come up with some real arguments please, or stay calm and be quiet.
And I'm lazy to search it up who wrote it, but 50 arcana maces will contain one +16? This MADE MY DAY LMAO!
Shadow x10: Zsu
Tarantula: Lycan

Cromatorus

Quote from: TheBlackPhoenix on February 28, 2014, 05:29:09 PM
Infinity had easier enchant rate ever.
Never got so many ++++ weapons on DN then infinity

LOL???? Idiot detected... Have u even play there???
Dragon was real Star wars. Almost all weapons +24 are from dragon.
Remember old donation since 9 years ago.
Weapon S +24 = 600Euro

On infinity i emeber only 2 red weapon S.
After merge with nightmare also be some red weapons.
KillerOfGolka De/Wc 85 ( subbed 50% of infinity players )

LadyZENITH

Fact is this: There is too much overenchanted stuff everywhere already. Something is not right.

In Infi when the server was 2 years old, there were only 3 red weapons total. One useless random D dagger that i managed to buy for propaganda purposes, and one dual damacus and one SLS. That was it. Ad those weapons may have been GM made from the looong deep old times of Zenith server and possible corruption there. The deep blue ones (+12 and more) were equally rare if not even more.  People that had +6 were similar rarity to people that have +12 now.

And that I can even mention like summer 2006 ish stuff, when SOM on market was 115KK and I daily sold from my dwarf enchants worth of 60KK, tons of EAB and EWB, yet.... tons were sold, and none had overenchated BOP like now people have. So how... really, if the admins say they moved it just one step I see like 6-8 steps. So either its wrong or people found some way how to enchant safer which is exploit. Simply put what I see in the game with the enchants does not look normal or healthy. Not for interlude of all things.
Infinity 5x: LadyZENITH - sps/sws - retired :(

=drake=

Quote from: LadyZENITH on March 01, 2014, 06:08:57 PM
Fact is this: There is too much overenchanted stuff everywhere already. Something is not right.

In Infi when the server was 2 years old, there were only 3 red weapons total. One useless random D dagger that i managed to buy for propaganda purposes, and one dual damacus and one SLS. That was it. Ad those weapons may have been GM made from the looong deep old times of Zenith server and possible corruption there. The deep blue ones (+12 and more) were equally rare if not even more.  People that had +6 were similar rarity to people that have +12 now.

And that I can even mention like summer 2006 ish stuff, when SOM on market was 115KK and I daily sold from my dwarf enchants worth of 60KK, tons of EAB and EWB, yet.... tons were sold, and none had overenchated BOP like now people have. So how... really, if the admins say they moved it just one step I see like 6-8 steps. So either its wrong or people found some way how to enchant safer which is exploit. Simply put what I see in the game with the enchants does not look normal or healthy. Not for interlude of all things.

There are some extremely high differencies:
a) Infinity started in C2. Here we start in IL. This difference makes everything different as the rate of enchants but even equipment availability was EXTREMELY different and limited by the wait to next chronicle. This is like complaining that on official GoD, once they opened the server, people after less than a week had R grade weapons (and we are talking about 1x server)

b) we are dynamic server rate, people get scary of what they see in rate at lv80 but... you saw other levels? core part (40-64) is higher than Infinity.

b2) and the dynamic rates applies to SPOIL. In fact Tarantula have higher spoil than even Dragon had in 10 years. (I dont even count Infinity, it had 2x spoil fixed rate, NOTHING compared to Tarantula). Plus there is even the overflow system applied to spoli (see changelogs) that adds to quantities.

c) enchant rate is easier than official/dragon/infinity until +6. From +6 onward is a hella lot of a difference and gets much harder. What changes? Simple... easier to get to +6 (limit for olympiad, so everyone have a chance, but also a needed value to compensate the decent curve we have on armors) but at same time is harder to get higher (much harder, except if you wanna waste a shitload of weapons/money).

d) Tarantula have twice the concurrent people (people connected at same time) of Infinity and 4 times the amount of active players (we have stats over stats collected, the graphs you guys see are just 1% of the whole)

So, summing a+b+c+d there is obvious reasons why is more normal to see a +5/+7 weapon around on Tarantula. But when you see a +12? That means the guy REALLY put an effort and even if who get it acts smartass you have no idea of what he passed trough... The quantity of OE weapons is much less than 0.05% of active players... definitely is all correct and fine.

cerebelo

anyway +16 is 0.007 % .... so we have how many HOM+16 now on server ? u have to brake 14k hom before makeing +16

just curious how many oe hom we have now ? +12 +13 +14 +15 +16
i am almost sure if u do the math we should had at least 100.000 hom crafted/droped

if not your statistics do not have real base
Quote from: ShowStopper on July 02, 2012, 11:11:53 AM
DONATE FOR COINS IF U WANT OP ITEMS OR STOP CRY

Painkiler

hom is exchanged for fighter weapons and is enchanted by normal ewc - it's ~1,6% to make hom+16.

=drake=

Quote from: Painkiler on March 01, 2014, 09:39:19 PM
hom is exchanged for fighter weapons and is enchanted by normal ewc - it's ~1,6% to make hom+16.

wrong, by doing it in FIGHTER weapon (easiest enchant) is 0.53% using BREAKABLE enchants and is 0.062% using BLESSED enchants.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al15aDmbKPTTdEpNT2xCMGx1OTVDMUtTdFpBczlNVHc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

PunkeD

Quote from: =drake= on March 01, 2014, 09:27:10 PM
There are some extremely high differencies:
a) Infinity started in C2. Here we start in IL. This difference makes everything different as the rate of enchants but even equipment availability was EXTREMELY different and limited by the wait to next chronicle. This is like complaining that on official GoD, once they opened the server, people after less than a week had R grade weapons (and we are talking about 1x server)

b) we are dynamic server rate, people get scary of what they see in rate at lv80 but... you saw other levels? core part (40-64) is higher than Infinity.

b2) and the dynamic rates applies to SPOIL. In fact Tarantula have higher spoil than even Dragon had in 10 years. (I dont even count Infinity, it had 2x spoil fixed rate, NOTHING compared to Tarantula). Plus there is even the overflow system applied to spoli (see changelogs) that adds to quantities.

c) enchant rate is easier than official/dragon/infinity until +6. From +6 onward is a hella lot of a difference and gets much harder. What changes? Simple... easier to get to +6 (limit for olympiad, so everyone have a chance, but also a needed value to compensate the decent curve we have on armors) but at same time is harder to get higher (much harder, except if you wanna waste a shitload of weapons/money).

d) Tarantula have twice the concurrent people (people connected at same time) of Infinity and 4 times the amount of active players (we have stats over stats collected, the graphs you guys see are just 1% of the whole)

So, summing a+b+c+d there is obvious reasons why is more normal to see a +5/+7 weapon around on Tarantula. But when you see a +12? That means the guy REALLY put an effort and even if who get it acts smartass you have no idea of what he passed trough... The quantity of OE weapons is much less than 0.05% of active players... definitely is all correct and fine.
About C point: Why increase the enchant rate to everyone have +6 /above stuff? When the normal was +3 +4 and everyone was happy! Above that was the lucky ones with +5/+6 stuff. Now to compete you have to make all +6 else your dead. And for those that dont wanna donate gotta farm x BEAA x BEWS (very easy to get...irony off.) to actually compete. Hope you get my point, this is what people complain.

=drake=

Quote from: PunkeD on March 01, 2014, 09:48:47 PM
About C point: Why increase the enchant rate to everyone have +6 /above stuff? When the normal was +3 +4 and everyone was happy! Above that was the lucky ones with +5/+6 stuff. Now to compete you have to make all +6 else your dead. And for those that dont wanna donate gotta farm x BEAA x BEWS (very easy to get...irony off.) to actually compete. Hope you get my point, this is what people complain.

I repeat for the blind (or deaf) people: enchant of WEAPONS is slightly higher (and not by much) until +6, then it goes drastically lower.
Overall the impact it have is to manage to get a NEARLY a +1 (not fully) and it applies mostly on mage weapons.
Check fighter weapons:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al15aDmbKPTTdEpNT2xCMGx1OTVDMUtTdFpBczlNVHc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

66% official, 70% here (until +7). What a big incrase... is +4% and then becomes -6% than official... and goes down down down the hill.
And on mages? Is better (basically a +1 extra) until +4/+5... then it goes all down at exactly +6.

In comparison? Armors are a hella lot easier (see values) than official but by a HELL lot, not just "+4%" but we are talking by A LOT.

So your statement MAYBE could apply to official servers or even Dragon (and all other servers in the world) where people gets screwed up trying to make an armor +5 to compete against people who have a common +7/8 (or more) weapons.

Now to compete you have to make all +6 else your dead.
as by all exposed, this statment is definitely invalid.

LadyZENITH

Drake we understand your arguments, but I'm trying to tell you that 2 years on infi... i mean start to summer 2007 which was already full C4 aka except chests the same enchant system and none had weapons like we had here after 1 month.

And i say once again, that back then I spoiled tons of enchants and people always bought them yet nothing was ever this overenchanted.

On other servers with higher rates... kinda same. I never saw so fast process when it comes to overenchanting weapons as we have here. That is a fact, all arguments excluded, log in to the game and run trough giran and other popular locations and look what people have in their hands vs rates vs server lifetime and tell me it looks healty, no it does not. It is not gamebreaking issue but It annoys a lot of us.

Also the population you mean logged chars or universal IP? Cause back then we had 1400 on and battles of 300 vs 300 ppl on daily basis and now if 50 show for one side its a lot and we are supposed to have 2400 at evening. So i hope its not 700 shops 1000 boxes and 700 real guys. People are spread but it really does not feel like we have 4x more players as you claim.
Infinity 5x: LadyZENITH - sps/sws - retired :(