Web Analytics
problem with l2 after patch - Page 4

News:

Main Menu

problem with l2 after patch

Started by p90k, March 06, 2014, 04:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deathmagnetic

I think that we should have option to choose in loader like HUD. I dont need good fps on background client, like before was pretty good for me.
I always open CLient via Patcher, so with old Core.dll i need to start game with L2.exe.

So pls gms , think about it. Will be much better with options , where we can decide how we want to control background client. :)
SaMsUnG BP/WK // SH Noblesse

ExCiDiuM.

pmfun

Quote from: Deathmagnetic on March 06, 2014, 10:18:03 PM
I always open CLient via Patcher, so with old Core.dll i need to start game with L2.exe.

NP to open patcher, just dont press 'full check' and back up core.dll somewhere just in case
https://lineage.pmfun.com/

=drake=

I will prepare option in loader so you can switch what core you want.

Teqi

Quote from: =drake= on March 06, 2014, 10:30:47 PM
I will prepare option in loader so you can switch what core you want.

that will be fine
+1

hebdzik

Hebdzia SH/SE - Infinity x5
Obama OL/PS - Infinity x5
Wolfman TT/OL - Nova x7

=drake=

Done.

Please do fullcheck and then, IN LAUNCHER, you can open OPTIONS and enable LOW CPU mode that basically enables the old behavior in background.
Please do it when running the first instance, not at the 10th one.

Meto

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

unhandledexeption

Quote from: =drake= on March 07, 2014, 01:03:56 AM
Done.

Please do fullcheck and then, IN LAUNCHER, you can open OPTIONS and enable LOW CPU mode that basically enables the old behavior in background.
Please do it when running the first instance, not at the 10th one.

It worked... but with today's update, that option not works again. Even if i tick the low cpu checkbox, the game doesn't slows down in background.
Edit: after disabling it, then re enable again it works.
Disconnect HE/WK infinity 5x, BlackArmy (abandoned with the server...)
Farostlemez TK rpg-club federation (abandoned)

Zibo

Confirmed - I deleted system folder, made update with 'Low CPU' option ticket and I still got +5 degrees in my room. :p

EDIT: Ok, it doesn't work at all. Deselected and selected the checkbox with deleted system folder - still both client work on max performance... Shame on you.

=drake=

Quote from: Zibo on March 08, 2014, 07:32:44 PM
Confirmed - I deleted system folder, made update with 'Low CPU' option ticket and I still got +5 degrees in my room. :p

EDIT: Ok, it doesn't work at all. Deselected and selected the checkbox with deleted system folder - still both client work on max performance... Shame on you.

You are doing something terribly wrong on your side.
The "patching" of choice between use lowcpu or highcpu mode (based on the option saved in laucher) is triggered when you press START button on the launcher.
For obvious reasons that are deep into how applications on windows works since Win3.1, the "change" into lowcpu/highcpu cant happen if a client is already running OR if you run the game straight from L2.exe (in that case it will simply run the last mode that was running before. And if you just fullchecked it will simply go default mode = highcpu)
For who wanna enjoy random tweaking, you can copypastarandomrename the Core.dll files, if you watch in the system folder there is THREE files with this name and 3 different extensions... read them and it will be all clear.

Zibo

Yep, that was the case - since forever I was starting client through L2.exe. Reason is obvious - no additional window. To be honest, after you said it, I've just noticed there actually is a 'START' button. :D
Anyway thanks, my computer works much more quiet now.

HerrMayer

i have windows 8
everything was running fine
since last loader update

i keep getting this everytime i want to run the loader
socket error # 10013
access denied
when you read the forum, your eyes bleed...