Lags on mass pvp - Page 2

News:

Main Menu

Lags on mass pvp

Started by vaiper, March 24, 2014, 09:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDeath

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on March 24, 2014, 09:46:46 PM
Well for example on the tournament 40+ ppl i had no lags at all. Which pxy are you using?
on pvp we were like 150+, 2-3 seconds lag appearing when in the middle of the zergs, 1 sec when staying outside. dunno if it's about adsl connection..

netgear dgn2200 n300
(http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3393498076)

LadyZENITH

First guys make difference between lag and low framerate.

Lag = issues with connection to the server.
Low FPS = OMG my game is slow.

Do nit mismatch that, a lot of people call "lag" when they just have no frame-rate, that's not lag. So, making boxes run at 100% in background can affect FPS on slower machines or with tons of boxes but that has nothing to do with lag.

Now to the lag. I confirm there were server-wide lags today when the guys were pvping. Not only for them, we had them on 4S and PI as well, so it was not local. Also, they were usually short-timed. Aka 20 seconds huge lag and then suddenly all fine again. It was not p. related, whole party of people from different places using different proxies reported it the same.
Infinity 5x: LadyZENITH - sps/sws - retired :(

VOoDOoT

Quote from: djvancho on March 24, 2014, 11:01:19 PM
Those "fixes" for decrease backround performance freaked up all for mass pvp, bring back main/first/clean interlude from day 1
P00hBear - WK/HE
@ - SesameStreet 2 Forever
$ - PwnServ
8 k+ Club

TheDeath

Quote from: LadyZENITH on March 25, 2014, 01:35:22 AM
First guys make difference between lag and low framerate.

Lag = issues with connection to the server.
Low FPS = OMG my game is slow.

Do nit mismatch that, a lot of people call "lag" when they just have no frame-rate, that's not lag. So, making boxes run at 100% in background can affect FPS on slower machines or with tons of boxes but that has nothing to do with lag.

Now to the lag. I confirm there were server-wide lags today when the guys were pvping. Not only for them, we had them on 4S and PI as well, so it was not local. Also, they were usually short-timed. Aka 20 seconds huge lag and then suddenly all fine again. It was not p. related, whole party of people from different places using different proxies reported it the same.
yes, those lags were lasting for about 20 seconds for us too~ each time we started to fight; server couldnt handle so many skills in a so low ammount of time ? I dunno tbh but, if you are telling us that the whole server had lags at the same time as us, the problem should be server side then

accurs3d

Quote from: djvancho on March 24, 2014, 11:01:19 PM
Those "fixes" for decrease backround performance freaked up all for mass pvp, bring back main/first/clean interlude from day 1
Kabadayi

PunkeD

Put back old system because pvp is getting interresting

kramligz

Quote from: Abruzzi on March 25, 2014, 02:30:16 AM
And how you can explain that i stand on one place, cannot moving while around me pvp is going on and i see how ppl are fighting? Its not lag. In the beginning of server, on sieges or on golkondas on same amount of ppl not even fps droping. Now if i go on PI and we make big trains my party is killing and i cannot move but see the action around me. When mobs are dead all is ok. For mass pvp its the same. Before this ninja update for background performance i have no such a problem.

We have a the same issue. However my retail can't train because of this bigggggggggggggggggggggggg laggggggggggg. omg! Drake Please fix this. I'm retarded because of this.

preater

full hd fraps from tezza fights will be rdy "soon"  0lags< - nasa pc tho

Naiz

Quote from: Garro on March 24, 2014, 09:15:07 PM
indeed, total disaster on all p.s, also most of us on low details and nothing changed.

:(
Vash aka Mardun / SoBOtA / ChriSBrowN

Naiz  / Teutates

ExCiDiuM / CaerSidi

mardel

Quote from: Abruzzi on March 25, 2014, 11:42:54 AM
I hope gms will take side here. As FC had this issue, Exi said some of them have same problems. Cheruby also reported mass crash or dc in one of pvps. I think we are the ppl that keep server alive and interesting, so do something and we can pvp normaly.
ROFL
Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on January 09, 2014, 10:14:08 AM
- There wont be Armor/shields at donation NPC.

Ellesime

mardel

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on January 09, 2014, 10:14:08 AM
- There wont be Armor/shields at donation NPC.