Start NEW interlude server ! :D

News:

Main Menu

Start NEW interlude server ! :D

Started by zienczuk, June 08, 2015, 05:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zienczuk

LadyZENITH

Naaah, too much IL everywhere, look at Tarantula and how it went, best was C4 give me C4! :P

Seriously tho Tar was way too fast, the non-linear exp curve made it so that everyone was in endgame too fast, people did not grow any "moral investment" in stuff, and after couple of failures and hiccups everyone left. Its not about the chronicle its about the community, and that one is death with L2, the liquid remaining on the floor is just a poison from its rotting body, so no chance really.
Infinity 5x: LadyZENITH - sps/sws - retired :(

trippledouble

Not gonna play on this chronicle ever again.
The one and only Naiz

Mardun / Vash / SoBOtA

ExCiDiuM

LadyZENITH

Heh, as if Tara died because of the chronicle. Personally I like C4 the most and despise everything after IL cause of the S80+ clone gear and attrib system.

However, you know why Tara died? Looked the year back, I think it was clash of 2 wrong audiences that as a result spawned miserable community. Tara looked like a perfect nostalgic server for all the old players that loved old DN and left x years ago. And they arrives in thousands. But what actually happened that the still active clans from Dragon arrived too, nolifed their way to endgame (karmian heroes + "ill not PVP until noblesse" style), and blocked everyone else from it. With them, they have also brought their own grudges which made politics pretty much dead cause no, even tho the situation deems me allying this guy, I will never do it cause xxx on Dragon. Most of the castles were even left unsieged cause "hey if it does not give me epics I do not care.". That was a huge shame. So people just left or reached engame and left, and to be honest it was really fast and easy, the server was made way too easy. I actually think if it was elsewhere and not marketed to the dragon players it could have lived till now, but that is a different story.

Peorexo

Quote from: LadyZENITH on July 13, 2015, 01:47:01 PM
Heh, as if Tara died because of the chronicle. Personally I like C4 the most and despise everything after IL cause of the S80+ clone gear and attrib system.

However, you know why Tara died? Looked the year back, I think it was clash of 2 wrong audiences that as a result spawned miserable community. Tara looked like a perfect nostalgic server for all the old players that loved old DN and left x years ago. And they arrives in thousands. But what actually happened that the still active clans from Dragon arrived too, nolifed their way to endgame (karmian heroes + "ill not PVP until noblesse" style), and blocked everyone else from it. With them, they have also brought their own grudges which made politics pretty much dead cause no, even tho the situation deems me allying this guy, I will never do it cause xxx on Dragon. Most of the castles were even left unsieged cause "hey if it does not give me epics I do not care.". That was a huge shame. So people just left or reached engame and left, and to be honest it was really fast and easy, the server was made way too easy. I actually think if it was elsewhere and not marketed to the dragon players it could have lived till now, but that is a different story.
But it was community who was complaining that the server is too hard and Drake boosted EXP rate (and some quests? not sure). I was fine with x2 endgame rate and i hit 80lv with that pre boosts. It wasnt anything hard but if your gonna make HR IL server then for sure your gonna expect either jedi server or dead one.

LittlePeople

Quote from: LadyZENITH on July 12, 2015, 09:16:01 AM
Naaah, too much IL everywhere, look at Tarantula and how it went, best was C4 give me C4! :P

Seriously tho Tar was way too fast, the non-linear exp curve made it so that everyone was in endgame too fast, people did not grow any "moral investment" in stuff, and after couple of failures and hiccups everyone left. Its not about the chronicle its about the community, and that one is death with L2, the liquid remaining on the floor is just a poison from its rotting body, so no chance really.
Nicely say'd, but i think that this what u wrote can be used for all dn servers community's not just for Tara.

LadyZENITH

Quote from: Peorexo on July 13, 2015, 02:35:39 PM
But it was community who was complaining that the server is too hard and Drake boosted EXP rate (and some quests? not sure). I was fine with x2 endgame rate and i hit 80lv with that pre boosts. It wasnt anything hard but if your gonna make HR IL server then for sure your gonna expect either jedi server or dead one.

How many active accounts we had vs how many voted for it vs how many people are active on forum, thus they pulled that crap trough... Thats right, take one active clan, make everyone register and vote and you get it. It was a huge backstab and a lot of people were annoyed. Imagine you work months for something and boom, hey guys since tomorrow it will all be 2x easy, you were so stupid to put the effort in till now! Yeah that surely did not demotivate anyone right.... geez..

Quote from: LittlePeople on July 14, 2015, 02:02:39 AM
Nicely say'd, but i think that this what u wrote can be used for all dn servers community's not just for Tara.

I think it can be said about L2 community in general. Tara had problems, some classses over nerfed (anything tank related) some OP (anything slash summoner related), the tattoo systen instead of pots was meh, the dynamic exp was even more meh (if anything it should have been the other way around slowing the too fast early game). But it was the community that killed it.

What I imagined that would happen: Lets slowly build stuff up again, have pvp since low levels, for grind spots for spoil spots, for everything. Have the huge zerg sieges, huge zerg battles for raids, have a lot of drama a lot of politics. Yeah, that would be lovely.

What actually happened: Thousants of people joined, couple of hundreds nolifers that played till now, mostly from Dragon. They ignored everyone and everything, focusing only on exp and endgame rush (hence I call them karmian heroes, cause they did not care about equip until noble). The dynamic exp system even fueled this strategy cause it was extra easy to propel yourself to the levels where you can retail-sub. I had a lot of time those days so I nolifed with the same speed, but none fought me. Even in blazing swamp of all places, where there always used to be constant warzone was pretty much peace. I still have screenshots of whines and cries of people that were better equipped and on higher level, yet refused to fight cause " I want noble first then I PVP." At around 75 lots of my old friends joined so I dropped this focus and started equipping.

Few weeks later all the rushers subbed and did the noblesse, and we arrived at Baium, and what do we see? Hundreds of people being bottlenecked by few, cause they wanted to "just touch the baium so I can sub!" freak you all, and it was a right choice to slaughter them over and over again. However here is where the community failed. On the old days a huge zerg ally would form and just pull trough. This time? Nothing, people cried on 1st baium, 2nd, 3rd, and then they left the game. No effort to do anything with it. So many old guys disappointed me at that point, they lacked the punch they used to carry, instead of going in, they were like "screw this, if i cannot get this (for free) I quit. And there were the other 2 clans from dragon, that could easily pull it trough if they would ally, but nope, they had some ancient grudges so even politics were dead based on those 2 points.

So half of the population gone there, and the slow decline of the rest started. Only worthy was the +-20 guys I ended up playing with, you rocked, you know who Iam talking about, the rest, shame on you cowards. Where are the heroes and leaders I remember. Quitters criers and cowards now.

In the end the zerg nolife clans from dragon left, last one left was this Kabaly guy and his group, and he actively demaded to me that we can be friends only if I close my eyes and start tolerating the botters! Lol, so that is what it came to? I quit at that point. Month later server went down and bla bla.

So how do you fix that? Where even start, the community suxx its dead. The old players are lazy cowards, the current ones are disgusting + they think game starts when you are max level + gear + noble.  to me game ends there, it becomes stale and boring, it should take over year to get there dammit. It was too fast, too easy, too much favoring skipping the early and mid game, too much flavoring the nolife clans. and even if you fix all of that the community now suxx and will never recreate the great experience.

Peorexo

Quote from: LadyZENITH on July 15, 2015, 11:15:01 PM
So true, fighting over everything is worth playing. Im waiting for EU Classic project right now, since all low rates servers are either ddosed or not enough ppl to pull that off (or too high chronicle for lower online) and high rates are just plain bad. This game is not meant to be fought with jedi weapons on max level only. WE should fight in spots like ant nest (hell yeah not only AQ fights), cruma tower, BS, ToI, stakato, fog, IT and many more with full parties over the best spots.

And about ur finding ppl without a will to fight. I remember I had to pvp a lot on MoS to keep library for my party, but thats already pretty late game...

qash

Quote from: LadyZENITH on July 15, 2015, 11:15:01 PM
How many active accounts we had vs how many voted for it vs how many people are active on forum, thus they pulled that crap trough... Thats right, take one active clan, make everyone register and vote and you get it. It was a huge backstab and a lot of people were annoyed. Imagine you work months for something and boom, hey guys since tomorrow it will all be 2x easy, you were so stupid to put the effort in till now! Yeah that surely did not demotivate anyone right.... geez..

I think it can be said about L2 community in general. Tara had problems, some classses over nerfed (anything tank related) some OP (anything slash summoner related), the tattoo systen instead of pots was meh, the dynamic exp was even more meh (if anything it should have been the other way around slowing the too fast early game). But it was the community that killed it.

What I imagined that would happen: Lets slowly build stuff up again, have pvp since low levels, for grind spots for spoil spots, for everything. Have the huge zerg sieges, huge zerg battles for raids, have a lot of drama a lot of politics. Yeah, that would be lovely.

What actually happened: Thousants of people joined, couple of hundreds nolifers that played till now, mostly from Dragon. They ignored everyone and everything, focusing only on exp and endgame rush (hence I call them karmian heroes, cause they did not care about equip until noble). The dynamic exp system even fueled this strategy cause it was extra easy to propel yourself to the levels where you can retail-sub. I had a lot of time those days so I nolifed with the same speed, but none fought me. Even in blazing swamp of all places, where there always used to be constant warzone was pretty much peace. I still have screenshots of whines and cries of people that were better equipped and on higher level, yet refused to fight cause " I want noble first then I PVP." At around 75 lots of my old friends joined so I dropped this focus and started equipping.

Few weeks later all the rushers subbed and did the noblesse, and we arrived at Baium, and what do we see? Hundreds of people being bottlenecked by few, cause they wanted to "just touch the baium so I can sub!" freak you all, and it was a right choice to slaughter them over and over again. However here is where the community failed. On the old days a huge zerg ally would form and just pull trough. This time? Nothing, people cried on 1st baium, 2nd, 3rd, and then they left the game. No effort to do anything with it. So many old guys disappointed me at that point, they lacked the punch they used to carry, instead of going in, they were like "screw this, if i cannot get this (for free) I quit. And there were the other 2 clans from dragon, that could easily pull it trough if they would ally, but nope, they had some ancient grudges so even politics were dead based on those 2 points.

So half of the population gone there, and the slow decline of the rest started. Only worthy was the +-20 guys I ended up playing with, you rocked, you know who Iam talking about, the rest, shame on you cowards. Where are the heroes and leaders I remember. Quitters criers and cowards now.

In the end the zerg nolife clans from dragon left, last one left was this Kabaly guy and his group, and he actively demaded to me that we can be friends only if I close my eyes and start tolerating the botters! Lol, so that is what it came to? I quit at that point. Month later server went down and bla bla.

So how do you fix that? Where even start, the community suxx its dead. The old players are lazy cowards, the current ones are disgusting + they think game starts when you are max level + gear + noble.  to me game ends there, it becomes stale and boring, it should take over year to get there dammit. It was too fast, too easy, too much favoring skipping the early and mid game, too much flavoring the nolife clans. and even if you fix all of that the community now suxx and will never recreate the great experience.

Its all about time, not about community. Anyway, what is the point of talking about past? From the beggining they dont listen us and now u want complain about this? come on...!
#ATB
https://www.youtube.com/user/DSGAMING2012/videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p58-OG8sDn8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjPYaTacIOc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4o6SIBbAMM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFCqhE4qeA4

ExCiDiuM <3

LadyZENITH

What do you mean time? Time matters not, if you invest 3x less time you will progress 3x slower, but so will thousands of others. I see no problem there. Anyway, who am I talking to, you have Excidium in your sig, those were one of the most responsible for the shitty community on the server. Go back to Dragon.

Quote from: Peorexo on July 15, 2015, 11:51:08 PM
So true, fighting over everything is worth playing. Im waiting for EU Classic project right now, since all low rates servers are either ddosed or not enough ppl to pull that off (or too high chronicle for lower online) and high rates are just plain bad. This game is not meant to be fought with jedi weapons on max level only. WE should fight in spots like ant nest (hell yeah not only AQ fights), cruma tower, BS, ToI, stakato, fog, IT and many more with full parties over the best spots.

And about ur finding ppl without a will to fight. I remember I had to pvp a lot on MoS to keep library for my party, but thats already pretty late game...

Yeah after that it took me about year to get any sort of L2 hunger. I made account on L2 raidfight but its the nah Gracia final (its not like I hate the new chronicles totally, they wold be ok, one would just need to remove the stupid attribute system, thats what kills it), yet, quite active and so far none is pissy, most likely cause its low rate so it attracts less assholes, so Iv been half idle there, but its only about a week since I started so I cannot judge yet. The L2 classic idea is nice, but they would have to tweak it. The 0,3x or how is it rates the KR and RU versions have are totally unplayable to be honest. Even on 1x L2 was ultra hardcore and the retail economy lived only cause of the bots. So ideally around 2x would be fine, or 1x but with great vitality system. Otherwise it would be too suicidal, aka cannot use shots for exping. Full party to kill normal mobs, nope, thats too much even for me.

qash

Quote from: LadyZENITH on July 16, 2015, 08:51:37 PM
What do you mean time? Time matters not, if you invest 3x less time you will progress 3x slower, but so will thousands of others. I see no problem there. Anyway, who am I talking to, you have Excidium in your sig, those were one of the most responsible for the shitty community on the server. Go back to Dragon.

Yeah after that it took me about year to get any sort of L2 hunger. I made account on L2 raidfight but its the nah Gracia final (its not like I hate the new chronicles totally, they wold be ok, one would just need to remove the stupid attribute system, thats what kills it), yet, quite active and so far none is pissy, most likely cause its low rate so it attracts less assholes, so Iv been half idle there, but its only about a week since I started so I cannot judge yet. The L2 classic idea is nice, but they would have to tweak it. The 0,3x or how is it rates the KR and RU versions have are totally unplayable to be honest. Even on 1x L2 was ultra hardcore and the retail economy lived only cause of the bots. So ideally around 2x would be fine, or 1x but with great vitality system. Otherwise it would be too suicidal, aka cannot use shots for exping. Full party to kill normal mobs, nope, thats too much even for me.

Still u dont get it, back to cave.
#ATB
https://www.youtube.com/user/DSGAMING2012/videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p58-OG8sDn8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjPYaTacIOc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4o6SIBbAMM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFCqhE4qeA4

ExCiDiuM <3

Peorexo

Quote from: LadyZENITH on July 16, 2015, 08:51:37 PM

About classic, on RU they patched it so mobs drops more adena and its ok to use shots for farm :P
And on par with Innova EU classic there is private classic project running which is supposed to be x3 on launch. For now tho we have to wait for more info.
Last good server on which i played was rpg x3, huge online and fighting over spots like everywhere. You couldnt even go for instances without fighting your way to npc :P