Main Menu

Question about fps on mass actions -> good pc setup sh1t fps ;P

Started by 69, November 11, 2015, 10:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Intel quad core 2.5 gghz
8 ggb ram
Nvidia 1 ggb ram video

and i run with 1-3 FPS During mass actions

is there anything i can do to run better ? or is it normal the game to run like that on such config?

_okazaki_

Quote from: 69 on November 11, 2015, 10:43:19 PM
Intel quad core 2.5 gghz
8 ggb ram
Nvidia 1 ggb ram video

and i run with 1-3 FPS During mass actions

is there anything i can do to run better ? or is it normal the game to run like that on such config?

restart the game frequently
Dragon c3/c4
okazaki

Tarantula
CRUNCH
Twix http://i.imgur.com/ijnOBg4.jpg?1

Zidkon

Lineage 2 video engine is really old, so don't expect the same rendering as you do on other games.

Anyways your PC is kind of slow, I got

3.3 GHz 6 cores
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 - 4 GB Video RAM

And it runs for about 15-20 fps on mass action.

I recommend you to lower the quantity of people you can see if you want a better rendering or buy another PC  ;D

Sarkoidoza

6 core amd = shit
8gb ram - nigga plz
gtx 560? its 2015 cmon

what u expect with such setup

Xarion

Quote from: Sarkoidoza on November 12, 2015, 12:26:13 PM
6 core amd = shit
8gb ram - nigga plz
gtx 560? its 2015 cmon

what u expect with such setup

Is 2015 but the game is not from 2015 so is ok :)
-------------
Official DN FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dragon-Network/149250778434489
------
Follow us @ tweet:
https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=DragonL2

Sarkoidoza

i got 2x pc one with 8gb ram and gtx 570 and second with 2x gtx 780ti +32gb ram and 12 cores guess on which i do restarts more often :d

Peorexo

Quote from: Sarkoidoza on November 12, 2015, 01:21:53 PM
i got 2x pc one with 8gb ram and gtx 570 and second with 2x gtx 780ti +32gb ram and 12 cores guess on which i do restarts more often :d
whats the biggest diff is the graphic card memory, rest are not of any use most of the time in this old game :D

well i made a ramdsik for my systextures folder and it kinda helped a little will have to check on next mass action :p

Alannah

cpu bottleneck what matter here to lineage 2
my best advice: some i5 or i7 cpu with factory unlock and boost up to more than 4ghz if you don't have it already :D

so my setup:
i7 4790k 4ghz (@4.9ghz)
16gb ram (l2 in ramdisk 8-9GB~) some mid-tier samsung ssd also does the trick
vga.. well it doesn't matter that much

i think on i5 2500k  >4ghz would run pretty good @mass pvps
also you can do some l2.ini tweaks, but look on forums what you can disable or do to get more fps
but don't expect much from 2.5ghz core speed ;/
l2 is not multi-core based, at least hb is not, no clue about latest chronicles
[url=http://support.dragon-network.net] Support [/url]

bogdy43ver

I have intel dual core of 2.60  ghz
3 gb ddr2
Nvidia  1gb gddr5 128 bit, all work excelent  and i dont use gpu anim/anti-aliasing.
I dont care about fps , everything works fine in mas pvp/ farming
Maybe you have some windows errors or bad hard disk

alfy

I love to read tards posting, when you talk about the best confoguration for running a game this is the hardware importance influence:
-grafic card :98%
-cpu :1.9%
-ram:0.1%

So don't criticize h.w. of other ppls if you don't know a sh1t about PCs
(PS: i'm an computer engineer so don't replay writing sh1ts readed from yhaoo answer, thanks)
Nightmare:
Hpegasus Ne/Wk//Pal/Bp-->Off
xAlfyx Pr/Sk+N-->Off
OoAlfyoO De/ty-->Off
Valkirya:
Alfy Soultaker//SH/SE//SR/SWS//DE/TY Noblesse-->Off
Rpg 5x
oOAlfy

Jameson

Quote from: alfy on November 16, 2015, 12:32:37 PM
I love to read tards posting, when you talk about the best confoguration for running a game this is the hardware importance influence:
-grafic card :98%
-cpu :1.9%
-ram:0.1%

So don't criticize h.w. of other ppls if you don't know a sh1t about PCs
(PS: i'm an computer engineer so don't replay writing sh1ts readed from yhaoo answer, thanks)

I love when people are insulting others and be a dk, claim to be pros and know nothing themselves about how stuff works.

Graphics card is mostly limiting factor if you have high settings, e.g. high resolution, anti-aliasing, highres textures. You can check your GPU usage with GPUz or RivaTuner - if you turn down detail settings and it still shows 100% then you need a better gfx card.

Second, it's not like CPU wouldn't be needed for games, Mr. "computer engineer". Plenty of tasks in games are calculated by CPU, creating whole scene before it's rendered, animations, physics and collision checks, AI, sound. To check if your CPU is limiting factor, use CPU-Z or simply windows task manager.

I guess you will have hard time to find a job with that "professional knowledge" you show.