Box-limit - Page 3

News:

Main Menu

Box-limit

Started by Floki, October 03, 2017, 03:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SizeMatters

Quote from: Escaflew on October 04, 2017, 10:29:53 PM
The best option will be without any boxes, that way people who main support classes will be able to find parties easier and it will be fair for everyone. One man x3+ chars is stupid and that makes the game completely different from what it's supposed to be. That's what will make your "retail" server unique in my honest opinion if you do that, but I guess it won't even be taken into consideration.. :)

No, no and no, also what you say is naive because there will always be someone without party no matter if support or dd, then some of those who won't have the party won't be able to log boxes also guess what are they going to do then... quit because not a single person will go and exp solo as gladiator or whatever character without buffs, or stay in town for hours and scream like retard for party.

edit: we are in 2017 - just gonna leave it here.

MarcusBerg

My opinion is no limit.

fifo100

Seems everybody here is preferring to kill RBs with his own multiaccount boxes ...
Also everybody likes HIGH  load on server where everybody got 5 chars behind him ....

Should be limited like 1+2max ... even if somebody got 2-3 pc at home, it is hard to operate full party on more PC. You need to switch keyboard  / mouses when you got more PCs. 
But when it will be unlimited boxes on PC ... it is just ALT+TAB  or MOUSE CLICK. Every monkey will do it.

xbadjoke

Lua Avadon

MrBobe

No box limit. I want one man armies everywhere. No more waiting people to log or counting who's boxing already or not.

Delube

PC 2 box, IP 3 box.

I'm playing with my wife and i think 3 box (for 2 user on same IP) is enought to enjoy the game and find some PT. If you put no limit we can handle almost one full pt (buff/regen/spoil) at 2 ppl with macro like on other server. Macro on BD/EE/SE and even sws if needed...

Sure it's harder to xp without full buff, but we are here to play on low rate not on X100. XP is the main part on the game at this rate, i prefer to invit ppl instead of my dualbox.

I'm glad to see this server got a good enough bot protect, don't waste it with unlimit box plz.

ImmortaLSpiriT

Quote from: Delube on October 07, 2017, 05:44:17 PM
PC 2 box, IP 3 box.

I'm playing with my wife and i think 3 box (for 2 user on same IP) is enought to enjoy the game and find some PT. If you put no limit we can handle almost one full pt (buff/regen/spoil) at 2 ppl with macro like on other server. Macro on BD/EE/SE and even sws if needed...

Sure it's harder to xp without full buff, but we are here to play on low rate not on X100. XP is the main part on the game at this rate, i prefer to invit ppl instead of my dualbox.

I'm glad to see this server got a good enough bot protect, don't waste it with unlimit box plz.

there is always a way to multy box. i can log with 3-4 different ips this sec if i want. i think gms should focus on more important things and let number of boxes be unlimited. Like someone said before... its 2017, limiting number of boxes is stupid. bots are the problem tho
SHADOW SERVER 4 EVER!!!

MrBobe

I was checking out some dev videos the other day  for an MMORPG currently in the works and the game director answered a question at some point about multiboxing. So about the idea of putting in effect client restrictions, he laughed and said that there will never be any kind of box limit whatsoever. If someone wants to enjoy a game with 2 chars, that's ok with them. Apparently it doesn't make sense to place a restriction that you cannot control over a large number of players. Even new companies acknowledge this. Let the multiboxing be unlimited.

ImmortaLSpiriT

Quote from: MrBobe on October 07, 2017, 06:58:10 PM
I was checking out some dev videos the other day  for an MMORPG currently in the works and the game director answered a question at some point about multiboxing. So about the idea of putting in effect client restrictions, he laughed and said that there will never be any kind of box limit whatsoever. If someone wants to enjoy a game with 2 chars, that's ok with them. Apparently it doesn't make sense to place a restriction that you cannot control over a large number of players. Even new companies acknowledge this. Let the multiboxing be unlimited.

same goes for blizzard, by far best gaming company and best mmorpg (wow) and if you want you can log 20 chars at the same time and they let you. i actually saw ppl playing 10-15 chars at the same time and its perfectly legal...
SHADOW SERVER 4 EVER!!!

Delube

Yeah coz you have to pay for each account.

It was same on offcial server, i had 4 box active from 7 years. They was enjoying ppl like me coz we pay 4x more than "normal" players.

btw if it's unllimit box i'll enjoy game too, most important are bot protect and community spirit imo.

MrBobe

Quote from: Delube on October 08, 2017, 11:14:42 AM
Yeah coz you have to pay for each account.

It was same on offcial server, i had 4 box active from 7 years. They was enjoying ppl like me coz we pay 4x more than "normal" players.

btw if it's unllimit box i'll enjoy game too, most important are bot protect and community spirit imo.
Yeap they seek profit. The l2 community splits and decreases every year. Unlimited boxes is the answer.