Web Analytics
Box-limit - Page 2

News:

Main Menu

Box-limit

Started by Floki, October 03, 2017, 03:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fifo100

1main + 2boxes is more than enough for populated server.

ImmortaLSpiriT

no limit would be the best... like many stated before there is always a way to log more with multiple pcs... you will just limit those who only have 1 pc. Also those saying supports wont get party thats not true, its always better to have active support in group than passive box.
SHADOW SERVER 4 EVER!!!

CLAGOR

When I first saw 'no limit' I was stoked. I started imagining all the stuff I could do solo, all the new posibilities.
But the more i think about it the more I'm leaning towards joining a clan anyway.
What I'm trying to say is, why limit the options? Some people like to play in smaller groups or alone and will appreciate no limit.
As ImmortaLSpiriT said it's always better to have an active support in a party, so PvP no question.

About PvE,
Quote from: els on October 03, 2017, 05:47:37 PM
1+1 is best option. People need realize finally that if there is multi box option, support players will never find a party which leads into them rerolling or leaving server. I can't count myself how many times I struggled find party even with EE/SE/BD. You can't rely only on so called "clan parties" because not all of them are willing to exp together and it is understandable.

My vote is for Main + Box option.
following this logic even 1 box will have that effect, but I'd say this mostly concerns buffers not all supports. I don't think you'll have a problem finding pt as a recharger ;).

Then
Quote from: GIGeorge on October 03, 2017, 04:00:04 PM
3 box is enough for main+2 support(like mage+Se+BD). It's enough, raid bosses aren't meant to be slaughtered by 1 man :)
well that's like.. your opinion maan. And about the RB if you can pull off a solo RB kill on low rate interlude, i'd say you deserve it.

Other big reason is that you get rid of all the overhead of policing over how many boxes someone has.
Save your energy for better things, I vote no limit.

PS. 'No boxes' is off the table for many reasons which I don't want to go into.

Akalyptos

No limit its perfect.

If you want to make box-limit then 1+2.
If you want to be the best you have to beat the best!

If you can't beat the best you have to learn from the best and work harder than the rest.

Javito

I'm ok with Main + 3 or 4 u know for buffers and craft

Miyake

cmon guys, why u need that stupid limit anyway. who needs boxes - will box... with other PC or with VM, doesnt matter. just leave it like it is - no limits. Active support in party is always the best and every clan knows that. GMs have many things to do, u want them also ban/jail multiboxers?
I vote for no limit

=^TrackZero^=

Giving a rule that will be just sucking our blood and time doesn't make any sense, especially because we are living in 2017, where there are so many ways of changing your IP/Hwid. Having said that, limitations on the boxes doesn't have any reasonable sense to me.
On the other hand, using walkers is something completely different and it will be sanctioned/punished accordingly.
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

Teague

Quote from: CLAGOR on October 03, 2017, 10:01:05 PM
When I first saw 'no limit' I was stoked. I started imagining all the stuff I could do solo, all the new posibilities.

It's weird when you going to play a mmorpg to have this mentality, sure people want and could play alone, if they really desires it, but why join a mmorpg...
2bad about the boxes, i don't like it cos make people go solo, or just with 2/3.

Orc and 3 buffers and here we go farm.

Eresh

Yes live support is better for clans and parties and especially in pvp, but let's be realistic. If your cp's buffer logs off you log the buffer on and continue, you don't grab a random live buffer from town to replace them. Allowing boxes actually does hurt support players unless they have a steady group to play with in advance.

There are a ton of players that would rather level up to 7x alone with their boxes so they get 100% of the drops and never have to wait on finding the right classes, than they would to play with random supports. Those random supports can't get leveled up on their own to get recruited to established clans... and so they end up quitting. As a support player, I've been there and done that. I won't even start a server now unless I have a clan or cp lined up because I know how it works. So saying supports won't have a problem is wrong, they will. Probably not early on while everyone's new, but in a month or so no new supports will be able to start unless they're willing to box their support and play a dd just to level it.

With that said, I don't see any good way for the devs to enforce a box limit because people have 2+ computers or play from shared LANs. I also know servers that don't allow boxes at all rarely get a decent population because people won't bother starting. Since 0 won't work you may as well (unfortunately) make it unlimited.

Miyake

well, I still dont see a problem. just find a clan or cp and play. Im also support and have never had such problem. even if u join later, most of clans gonna take u, cuz active support is rare nowadays. anyway, everyone has his opinion here, so lets just see what admins decide

Escaflew

The best option will be without any boxes, that way people who main support classes will be able to find parties easier and it will be fair for everyone. One man x3+ chars is stupid and that makes the game completely different from what it's supposed to be. That's what will make your "retail" server unique in my honest opinion if you do that, but I guess it won't even be taken into consideration.. :)

els

Quote from: Escaflew on October 04, 2017, 10:29:53 PM
The best option will be without any boxes, that way people who main support classes will be able to find parties easier and it will be fair for everyone. One man x3+ chars is stupid and that makes the game completely different from what it's supposed to be. That's what will make your "retail" server unique in my honest opinion if you do that, but I guess it won't even be taken into consideration.. :)

there is no way to secure no dualbox policy. There are ways to avoid it. Current L2 is heavily based on boxing and prohibit it is retarded. There are simply too many people who loves exp/gear themselves and join clans just for mpvp/raids/sieges.