Web Analytics
Avast blocking smartguard

News:

Main Menu

Avast blocking smartguard

Started by Evening, October 23, 2017, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evening

When starting the game I get this message: "Failed to initialize Smartguard. Lineage II can not run. Check your antivirus settings or add Lineage 2 to exceptions. (Error code: E1)".

I've added the entire game directory where the client is installed to the antivirus exception list but this doesn't help. Deleting the system directory and doing a full check doesn't work either. Turning off Avast anti-virus does help but that doesn't really sit well with me.

Is there anything else I can do to be able to run the client?

Teague

I got the same problem with BitDefender TS 18.
It worked 1 week fine, and suddenly y'day it had the same problem that you describe.

Did the same thing like you did put the whole l2 folder in the exception also the downloaded file put in exception file. But since y'day that doesn't matter anymore.
Deleted the whole BD TS 18 again and reinstalling it now again.

I don't know why it worked well for 1 week and suddenly it doesn't, thats what is bothering me.

Update:

Had the same problem again. But the file it wants to delete is on
OS disk ( C: )programdata/Smartguard.

Put that in exception list. If you can't find programdata where it is, click on view and click on hidden items, then you will see the programdata.
This fixed for me the problem to put C:/programdata/smartguard in the exception list.

Let me know if this also fixed your problem.

Regards.

Alannah

possibly some update to antibot, it's full automated... guess new updates
anyhow it's added to l2.exe, so try put the exe on exception list

i can't really help in these cases cause I never use/used AV at all
[url=http://support.dragon-network.net] Support [/url]

els

Quote from: =^Alannah^= on October 23, 2017, 02:16:12 PM
possibly some update to antibot, it's full automated... guess new updates
anyhow it's added to l2.exe, so try put the exe on exception list

i can't really help in these cases cause I never use/used AV at all
l2.exe is not an issue, you need put folder where guard.des file is into exception list...

Evening

Quote from: Teague on October 23, 2017, 02:03:26 PM
I got the same problem with BitDefender TS 18.
It worked 1 week fine, and suddenly y'day it had the same problem that you describe.

Did the same thing like you did put the whole l2 folder in the exception also the downloaded file put in exception file. But since y'day that doesn't matter anymore.
Deleted the whole BD TS 18 again and reinstalling it now again.

I don't know why it worked well for 1 week and suddenly it doesn't, thats what is bothering me.

Update:

Had the same problem again. But the file it wants to delete is on
OS disk ( C: )programdata/Smartguard.

Put that in exception list. If you can't find programdata where it is, click on view and click on hidden items, then you will see the programdata.
This fixed for me the problem to put C:/programdata/smartguard in the exception list.

Let me know if this also fixed your problem.

Regards.

Thank you! Adding c:\programdata\smartguard\* to the exception list fixed the problem :)