Web Analytics
Focus skills dagger classes v2

Focus skills dagger classes v2

Started by Yvi, December 08, 2021, 11:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yvi

Since my last topic was closed, I could not ask any more questions, I'm opening a new topic.
Quote from: ^Einhasad^
In regards to the Focus Skills, you not only need to use a dagger, but also a light armor (body part) to activate the skills.

Do you really have to wear light armor to use these skills? I haven't seen this requirement.
A quote from Interlude knowledge base:
Focus Power Lv.1
Temporarily changes the damage of critical attack and all Mortal Blow type skills. Effectiveness is dependent upon the direction of attack. An equipped dagger weapon is required to use this skill.
And a quote from Chnagelog skills topic:
[ Daggers ]
Even after their buffs, daggers still saw a lack of damage and/or alot of missing blows so we're scaling their "Focus" skills to the respective classes during all 3 stages.
Focus Death (Plainswalker and Abyss Walker)
Stage 1 (learnable at lvl 60) - For 2 minutes, decreases user's critical attack rate by 10% and frontal critical damage by 10%. Increases the probability of deadly attack by 20% and rear critical damage by 30%.
Stage 2 (learnable at lvl 74) - For 2 minutes, decreases user's critical attack rate by 20% and frontal critical damage by 20%. Increases the probability of deadly attack by 40% and rear critical damage by 60%.
Stage 3 (learnable at lvl 78) - For 2 minutes, decreases user's critical attack rate by 30% and frontal critical damage by 30%. Increases the probability of deadly attack by 60% and rear critical damage by 90. (same as untouched skill)
Focus Power (Treasure Hunter and Abyss Walker)
Stage 1 (learnable at lvl 60) - For 2 minutes, decreases frontal critical attack damage by 10%, increases side critical attack damage by 10% and rear critical attack damage by 20%.
Stage 2 (learnable at lvl 74) - For 2 minutes, decreases frontal critical attack damage by 20%, increases side critical attack damage by 20% and rear critical attack damage by 40%.
Stage 3 (learnable at lvl 78) - For 2 minutes, decreases frontal critical attack damage by 30%, increases side critical attack damage by 30% and rear critical attack damage by 60%. (same as untouched skill)
Focus Chance (Treasure Hunter and Plainswalker)
Stage 1 (learnable at lvl 60) - For 2 minutes, decreases frontal critical attack rate by 10%, increases side critical attack rate by 10% and rear critical attack rate by 20%.
Stage 2 (learnable at lvl 74) - For 2 minutes, decreases frontal critical attack rate by 20%, increases side critical attack rate by 20% and rear critical attack rate by 40%.
Stage 3 (learnable at lvl 78) - For 2 minutes, decreases frontal critical attack rate by 30%, increases side critical attack rate by 30% and rear critical attack rate by 60%. (same as untouched skill)

Thank you.

^Einhasad^

Yes you do have to wear light armor to activate the skills, but you don't necessarely need to wear light armor to get the full effect of the skills, once activated.

This change was made already on the previous project along with other dagger skills changes / implementations like shadowstep. It is true that the changelog post isn't currently specifying this change, and that is our mistake, we will fix that.

If you have anymore questions regarding this subject feel free to ask.

Yvi

Quote from: ^Einhasad^ on December 08, 2021, 11:46:10 AM
This change was made already on the previous project along with other dagger skills changes / implementations like shadowstep.

What was the reason to make Focus skills usable only while waring light armor? Even when used you don't necessarily need to wear light armor to get the effect of this skill?
AND even having a stacksub server, when you can make, for example, dagger/tank class combo? Wearing heavy armor makes no sense, because everytime you want to use Focus skill, you have to wear light armor body JUST to use it. That's ridiculous.

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: Yvi on December 08, 2021, 04:00:11 PM
What was the reason to make Focus skills usable only while waring light armor? Even when used you don't necessarily need to wear light armor to get the effect of this skill?
AND even having a stacksub serverss, when you can make, for example, dagger/tank class combo? Wearing heavy armor makes no sense, because everytime you want to use Focus skill, you have to wear light armor body JUST to use it. That's ridiculous.
Maybe because we have 18 years of experience in overpowered classes and combos in substack server. Would you like to see that after 2 months of gameplay we start nerfing your char in which you have invested so much time, followed by mass rage quit because of that nerf? Every skill was balanced for a reason, simple as that.
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

Yvi

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on December 08, 2021, 04:04:53 PM
Maybe because we have 18 years of experience in overpowered classes and combos in substack server. Would you like to see that after 2 months of gameplay we start nerfing your char in which you have invested so much time, followed by mass rage quit because of that nerf? Every skill was balanced for a reason, simple as that.

That's a great thing you make nerfs and/or make changes to skills, etc., and I fully agree with anything, that will bring more balance, but there always has to be reason, why one or another change has to be made.
Now there's a reason to this change that you have 18 years of experience.
Yes, every skill was balanced for a reason, but what reason exactly? How does this change bring balance? Can we get clear information.
Thank you.

RaisinQQ

Quote from: Yvi on December 08, 2021, 05:08:36 PM

That's a great thing you make nerfs and/or make changes to skills, etc., and I fully agree with anything, that will bring more balance, but there always has to be reason, why one or another change has to be made.
Now there's a reason to this change that you have 18 years of experience.
Yes, every skill was balanced for a reason, but what reason exactly? How does this change bring balance? Can we get clear information.
Thank you.

I think i know a answer of this. Very long time ago i had th/pal, which was pretty unkillable on siege/pvp/bosses. Most bcs heavy set, which he had on and naturally bcs of lethals, which he had more chance to make when he stands longer than normal. Same thing was with mutant he/tyr, which on beginning could use totems without wearing a fist and hold this effect on bow. Imagine hawk or bison totem and bow +10 with focus.

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: RaisinQQ on December 08, 2021, 05:18:27 PM
I think i know a answer of this. Very long time ago i had th/pal, which was pretty unkillable on siege/pvp/bosses. Most bcs heavy set, which he had on and naturally bcs of lethals, which he had more chance to make when he stands longer than normal. Same thing was with mutant he/tyr, which on beginning could use totems without wearing a fist and hold this effect on bow. Imagine hawk or bison totem and bow +10 with focus.
Im quite sure he knew all this ;)
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

RaisinQQ

btw. mutants like OL/ES with dwarf body will be available? :D

Taro

Quote from: Yvi on December 08, 2021, 11:00:04 AM
Do you really have to wear light armor to use these skills? I haven't seen this requirement.
i think it sucks that i have to wear a pole as well to use focus attack on my HE/WL but yea... switch. use skill. switch back.

Quote from: RaisinQQ on December 08, 2021, 05:55:56 PM
btw. mutants like OL/ES with dwarf body will be available? :D
no mutants.

Yvi

I still don't understand how that brings stability.
If you think, that Focus skills give unbalance, why even make them available? Just remove these skills. Now you keep the skills, but only usable with light armor, BUT effects stay when you switch back to heavy armor. Then maybe a better idea would be to nerf these Focus skills to give less effect when wearing heavy armor BUT to keep the ability to use any Focus skills with ANY armor.

Lets take another class, for example. How about a nerf, where mages HAVE to ALWAYS wear heavy armor just to use ultimate defense, or deflect arrow?  ???

HumpDeBump

Quote from: Yvi on December 09, 2021, 09:21:10 AM
I still don't understand how that brings stability.
If you think, that Focus skills give unbalance, why even make them available? Just remove these skills. Now you keep the skills, but only usable with light armor, BUT effects stay when you switch back to heavy armor. Then maybe a better idea would be to nerf these Focus skills to give less effect when wearing heavy armor BUT to keep the ability to use any Focus skills with ANY armor.

Lets take another class, for example. How about a nerf, where mages HAVE to ALWAYS wear heavy armor just to use ultimate defense, or deflect arrow?  ???

He has a point. If switching armor keeps the effect why not make it usable with all armor types. Either downscale it or dunno, make mages switch armor to heavy to use UD lulz

scary

Tessellate  gave u the best answer for this question , dunno why u still complain
Carebears,BlackHand - 15x,30x
Gaia,Nova,Ayrin,Tarantula
 sc4ry  , c0t ,  CrystalTear  ,  sc4rry , Phenomen
Since 2005