Turn Undead and its land rate - Page 7

News:

Main Menu

Turn Undead and its land rate

Started by emissary, January 20, 2014, 08:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pebamama

Quote from: mardel on January 28, 2014, 06:23:48 PM
Lets go back in time and check l2 official forum when interlude was there.

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=175747
Nice one , as stated in the official forums :

"The success rate does seem related to the relative levels of the caster (or should I say spell?) and the mob.
I used it a lot at Imperial Tomb from about 72 on. Each time I levelled it seemed to hit better until it was about 50% or more at lvl 76. I then enchanted it to +1. The success rate seemed to increase to about 67% though I did not keep records. However, my spirit ore/% ration did increase so the success rate must be materially better. The success rate also seems to be impacted by the mdef of the mob. For example, the mobs at Pagan's are higher level than at the tomb yet my success rate is higher there...my theory is that they have lower mdef."

This is a bit flawed but we can take a few things from it.
For example if you try to go at 72 on IT (on Tarantula server )you will not land any lethals , probably 1 every 15++ tries if you are lucky. Also if you try pagans here you will not land any lethals too . Here you will only be able to land lethals when you reach level 80 and enchant the skill +13 and even then you will have a low chance , i know , sounds pretty retarded , but this is what is going on on tarantula....

NunoPitbull

Noone can call the GM here? The landrate is ridiculous stupid for who wants to lvl after 72 solo... or add higher undead mobs(lol idea) or just fix/custom the TU to its average values, to work even on higher lvl mobs.

Watch my DN Videos @ https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLv5j4v3iXRu4_tUU2rtBM8coghoTjQUtR

Subscribe for more and be updated: https://www.youtube.com/user/NunoPitbull?sub_confirmation=1

If you want drop me on PM some nice songs 4nextvid

Artur

Quote from: mardel on January 28, 2014, 06:23:48 PM
Lets go back in time and check l2 official forum when interlude was there.

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=175747

Thank you
This link prooved you that we were right from the begining and have set it correctly :)

few quote from this link

"I'm not sure if any buff or m.atk effects it either, but I do know when using on monsters of the same level range as your, you will get a lethal strike about of a 1/3 of the time (imo) whereas on higher level mobs (pink/red) you will hardly ever land a lethal strike, fear still works ok though."

Does not land on pinks and higher (though its fear part often lands even on mobs 10 lvls higher than you). Lands on yellows and lower, and WM seems to help a lot (I have it as a selfbuff).

I've been using it on yellow mobs -- most of the time it takes an average of 5 casts for it to land (sometimes it happens first or second shot, other times it happens on the eigth or ninth) with only Emp 1, and I usually have a moment each round where I go 15+ without it landing.

Pebamama

Quote from: ^Artur^ on January 28, 2014, 09:50:19 PM
Thank you
This link prooved you that we were right from the begining and have set it correctly :)

few quote from this link

"I'm not sure if any buff or m.atk effects it either, but I do know when using on monsters of the same level range as your, you will get a lethal strike about of a 1/3 of the time (imo) whereas on higher level mobs (pink/red) you will hardly ever land a lethal strike, fear still works ok though."

Does not land on pinks and higher (though its fear part often lands even on mobs 10 lvls higher than you). Lands on yellows and lower, and WM seems to help a lot (I have it as a selfbuff).

I've been using it on yellow mobs -- most of the time it takes an average of 5 casts for it to land (sometimes it happens first or second shot, other times it happens on the eigth or ninth) with only Emp 1, and I usually have a moment each round where I go 15+ without it landing.

Read all the posts .
To land a lethal on a yeallow you need your whole mana pool here . And even on a same level mobs or even lower leves you don't even get close to 20% landrate with max level turn undead . On same level mobs you don't even have a close to 25-30% landrate , its like 10%.

Don't tell me you didn't realise anything from the whole topic on the OFFICIAL FORUMS

Artur

Quote from: Pebamama on January 28, 2014, 11:04:10 PM
Read all the posts .
To land a lethal on a yeallow you need your whole mana pool here . And even on a same level mobs or even lower leves you don't even get close to 20% landrate with max level turn undead . On same level mobs you don't even have a close to 25-30% landrate , its like 10%.

Don't tell me you didn't realise anything from the whole topic on the OFFICIAL FORUMS

uhm i kinda tested it by myself on tarantula, and % of land works exactly as it should.

Want test in game? Pm Artur.

NunoPitbull

You tested it with normal equips, no modified stats, lvl 73 vs Pagan temple? And your fine is what? totally depleted mana ?:P

Watch my DN Videos @ https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLv5j4v3iXRu4_tUU2rtBM8coghoTjQUtR

Subscribe for more and be updated: https://www.youtube.com/user/NunoPitbull?sub_confirmation=1

If you want drop me on PM some nice songs 4nextvid

=^TrackZero^=

I will explain you tomorrow about this skill, tested tonight . To tiered now.

GN

P.S Skill works correct and ill explain you why
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

=drake=

Quote from: Pebamama on January 28, 2014, 09:09:42 PM
Also if you try pagans here you will not land any lethals too . Here you will only be able to land lethals when you reach level 80 and enchant the skill +13 and even then you will have a low chance , i know , sounds pretty retarded , but this is what is going on on tarantula....

Is enough to make it +1.
The skill at level 10 have MAGICAL level 74
The skill enchanted +1 have MAGICAL level 76
The skill raises by 1 MAGICAL level every +3 enchants (at +13 becomes level 80)

When you are using an offensive skill toward a target (any), nearly 90% of the time is NOT YOUR level that is compared against your target but is the MAGICAL level of the skill.

To land a lethal your skill MUST NOT be more than 5 levels inferior compared to your target level.
So, if your target monster/player is level 80, the skill MUST be at least level 75.

What means for Pagan Temple?
That you just have to enchant it to +1, it becomes level 76, and the skill lands in Pagan Temple too.
If you dont, lethals will not land BUT the fear effect will still do.
Conceptually the skill is simply not strong enough to damage the opponent as is too low level compared to him

Why does this mechanics makes sense?
Because else there would be no reason to level up skills. Banish Seraph for example (same mechanics) have same 50% lethal rate since lv1, what changes is the skill's magical level only!
Same for Turn Undead, at lv9 already reaches the 30% lethal rate so without this system would be barely useful to even take lv10.

Does it applies to all other lethals too?
YES. This rule applies also to all other possible lethals ingame.
For example: a TH can't lethal a lv80 opponent with a lv1 skill. At least a +1 enchant would be required for this purpose.
Higher enchanting, as it reduces the difference between the target level and the skill level, does also mitigate the penality (up to 0% penality when the skill have same or higher level than the target)

How do i know the magical level of a skill?
Is the level at which you can learn/upgrade it.
All skills learned before 3rd class becomes magical level 76 with +1 enchant. (and gains 1 extra magical level every +3 enchants)