News:

Main Menu

Daggers Weapons

Started by Karma, December 13, 2008, 03:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Today i testes 2 daggers.

1. SS+CD+8
2. DD+MS+6

And i little dont understand something. With SS (on full buff) vs mages/archers full buffed, i hiting for 1200 to 2k.And when i used DD+MS almost all blows hited but for 400 to 700 ? What the freak is going on ?

(ALL HITS HERE WAS BACKSTABS!)

n1D - HE/PAL

Alex

5% damage boost for pvp + CD ability and a little more p.atk
ShowStopper having a break from hard GM work:

Dagger Allstarsâ,,¢

Finisterre

Sorry I don't feel like to explain your case in detail. I don't have enough samples to confirm the formula I assumed)

Instead, I'm gonna just put some info.

Blow damage in official
{(P.atk x 2 + Skill Power x 1.5) x Crit damage buff + Additional Crit Power x 6} x 70 / P.def x PvP bonus
With Soul Shot
Only on Backstab + Soul Shot
Additional Crit Power : Passive: Critical Power, SA Critical Damage, Visious Stance
Effects of Focus Death / Focus Power is considered as Crit damage buff and the efficiency is halved on blow damage calculation.
Skill Critical : Simply damage x 2

If you like to, please refer some results of blow test made by fontalia or finisterre by using search function. Formula for blow damage is not much differ from official but it's not same on DN as long as I tested (also it's known that we have "damage reduction". Though I hardly find the exact formula for skill damage on DN.)

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTUwqxHpXMY]Dancing Android - new Sony Xperia Arc cellphone[/url]

Quote from: Alex on December 13, 2008, 06:40:06 PM
5% damage boost for pvp + CD ability and a little more p.atk

Yeah but its not 500 dmg

n1D - HE/PAL

XForCE

Quote from: Finisterre on December 13, 2008, 06:54:09 PM
Sorry I don't feel like to explain your case in detail. I don't have enough samples to confirm the formula I assumed)

Instead, I'm gonna just put some info.

Blow damage in official
{(P.atk x 2 + Skill Power x 1.5) x Crit damage buff + Additional Crit Power x 6} x 70 / P.def x PvP bonus
With Soul Shot
Only on Backstab + Soul Shot
Additional Crit Power : Passive: Critical Power, SA Critical Damage, Visious Stance
Effects of Focus Death / Focus Power is considered as Crit damage buff and the efficiency is halved on blow damage calculation.
Skill Critical : Simply damage x 2

If you like to, please refer some results of blow test made by fontalia or finisterre by using search function. Formula for blow damage is not much differ from official but it's not same on DN as long as I tested (also it's known that we have "damage reduction". Though I hardly find the exact formula for skill damage on DN.)

crt dmg buff affect crt dmg for skills ? !

I understand but, i still didint get where is 500 dmg. (it was testes on full buff with PoW/CoV) My friend who use same dagger but +9 he hit for 1k + with blows. So dont talk to me bullshits please.

n1D - HE/PAL

Finisterre

@XForCE
There are 4 kinds of damage on L2

1. Normal attack and its critical > cri damage buffs increase the damage
2. Magic skill attack and its critical > Magic crit damage amp is always x 4
3. Physical skill attack and its critical > Physical skill critical amp is always x 2
4. DoT damage from bad effects such like poison, bleed, flame, freezing and HP/MP damage.

Blow skills are unique. Crit damage buffs increase the blow damage and THEN, WHEN A BLOW SKILL CRITS, damage will be x 2 same as other physical skills.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTUwqxHpXMY]Dancing Android - new Sony Xperia Arc cellphone[/url]

Ok but Finisterre this still not saying where is almost 500-600 DMG. If CD give almost 500 dmg, WOW im crazy then.

n1D - HE/PAL

XForCE

Quote from: Finisterre on December 14, 2008, 02:51:16 PM
@XForCE
There are 4 kinds of damage on L2

1. Normal attack and its critical > cri damage buffs increase the damage
2. Magic skill attack and its critical > Magic crit damage amp is always x 4
3. Physical skill attack and its critical > Physical skill critical amp is always x 2
4. DoT damage from bad effects such like poison, bleed, flame, freezing and HP/MP damage.

Blow skills are unique. Crit damage buffs increase the blow damage and THEN, WHEN A BLOW SKILL CRITS, damage will be x 2 same as other physical skills.

so crt dmg buffs increase dmg of non-crt blows and when it crts it crts for 2x also , but for the increased dmg upon the crt dmg buffs ?
one other question , TY and GL skills were amp x4 at old C5 days in off server , or only on java ones ?

Finisterre

@Karma
Alex already explained roughly. It won't be better unless you write everything in detail.

@XForCE
Yes Skill crit mod is always x2 even on a GM's friend.  ;)

Formula for skills that requires force/sonic power had been changing
C4
(p.atk+skill power)*{1+0.3*(amount of charge-1)}*70/p.def
P.atk x 2 with soul shot
C5
(p.atk+skill power)*(0.7+0.3*amount of charge)*70/p.def
P.atk x 2 with soul shot. Skill crit, x 2
Now (CT2)
(p.atk+skill power)*(0.8+0.2*amount of charge)*77/p.def
P.atk and Skill power x 2.04. Skill crit, x 2

I don't understand what you meant by "x4".

XForCE

Quote from: Finisterre on December 15, 2008, 06:45:54 AM
@Karma
Alex already explained roughly. It won't be better unless you write everything in detail.

@XForCE
Yes Skill crit mod is always x2 even on a GM's friend.  ;)

Formula for skills that requires force/sonic power had been changing
C4
(p.atk+skill power)*{1+0.3*(amount of charge-1)}*70/p.def
P.atk x 2 with soul shot
C5
(p.atk+skill power)*(0.7+0.3*amount of charge)*70/p.def
P.atk x 2 with soul shot. Skill crit, x 2
Now (CT2)
(p.atk+skill power)*(0.8+0.2*amount of charge)*77/p.def
P.atk and Skill power x 2.04. Skill crit, x 2

I don't understand what you meant by "x4".
ok , ill say it in damage output .
i always use GL skills on force lvl 7
in C5 servers i was playing and some early IL servers .
if a skill make non-crt dmg of lets say 1k , the crt hit of this skill becomes 4k~5k .
not 2k .
also these skills was affected by zeolet & AI crt dmg doubleing when useing a blunt and performing the skill .

Finisterre

Nice damage you did on a C5/IL L2j server.   :D

Btw sonic blaster with blunt + full charge + Zealot is not doing x4 damage at skill crit on DN. It's exactly x2.

Edit:
@Karma
I meant, you hit "400 - 700" or "1.2k - 2k" on "mage or archer" by "SS or DD" with "PoWind or CoV". We can understand that the damages were different in different settings and nothing more.

You better test on exactly same setting AND just change only 1 factor then we can compare the influence of the factor. In your case, set 1 target, check damage changing only dagger, always with same buff on both an attacker and a target.

If you are carefull enough to see the difference from the type of class/equipments, just do the same on different targets and do not mix up the results. or we cannot even understand that a damage was dealt on which target, by which weapon.

Btw as long as I know, PoWind increases the blow damage by about 20% as well as critical by normal attack only when hitting from behind.