Ashlynn's hand-made signatures - Encube - Page 12

News:

Main Menu

Ashlynn's hand-made signatures - Encube

Started by Ashlynn, March 30, 2009, 09:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oxigan

Quote from: Ashlynn on April 21, 2009, 06:26:25 PM
so you want me to ask 3 DC for a signature? :)

no you shouldn't .. just saying how ridiculous it is those other people are .. not like it's forbidden to thank you for your artwork and those you made a sign for showing their appreciation with whatever kind of present, just saying you wouldn't lack the skill to do so, and gladly you don't ...
Quote from: Loatheof all the things i lost i miss my mind the most ^^
Proud family member of Ambrosia

oxigan

Quote from: Dhart on April 21, 2009, 08:14:20 PM
well well well I'll take advantage of this topic asking you ppl some little things :p
i'm working on my signature  but I got so many ideas and every time I start working on it I can't chose how to make it / what put in it :p
here it is

this is not the finished work ofc , it just contains a little mix of the ideas I have got in my mind , same goes for the font (it was just to show that it'll take the nick :p ) and everything else ... just asking you what kind of ideas would you reccomend me...cause I rly don't know where to put hands since my ideas confuse me every sec more...:p
regards, Dhart

I'll start saying I share your problem. I got so many ideas etc it's just that I lack the skill to apply it to a real signature.
ontopic; You should give us your thoughts about this one. Why you did what, what you'd like to put in there (even if it's a 1000 ideas, you could combine 'm, leave them out or even make a second totally different one).

For starters, it's a bit weird you're showing the back of your character instead of it's face. It shows some sort of weakness, and doesn't really take the attention and the "mysterious" idea you'd probably wanted to create. At least it doesn't without some text, a small paraphrase, a quote or something like that that give's us a thought why he's hiding his face, looking away or whatever.

Second, imo the black lining is ok, but I find it a bit weird that it's just an overlay instead of having a different color or moisture between the outside of the picture and the blacklining. Some ppl put a shadow or some other weird thing over the outer lining (instead of showing the background). That's totally personal tho, feel free to ignore it.

The black and white idea is great, and worked out pretty well, I wouldn't make it a box tho, or at least not like this but make it a bar instead, which goes from one side to the other, without stopping. Like the first thing I pointed out, it doesn't make sense why you did so. Without a nice quote or sentence, no clue what it's for.

You're using a nice font, perfect colors and the size and quality is OK aswell. Hope you find it useful.
Quote from: Loatheof all the things i lost i miss my mind the most ^^
Proud family member of Ambrosia

Dhart

Quote from: oxigan on April 21, 2009, 08:39:41 PM
I'll start saying I share your problem. I got so many ideas etc it's just that I lack the skill to apply it to a real signature.
ontopic; You should give us your thoughts about this one. Why you did what, what you'd like to put in there (even if it's a 1000 ideas, you could combine 'm, leave them out or even make a second totally different one).

For starters, it's a bit weird you're showing the back of your character instead of it's face. It shows some sort of weakness, and doesn't really take the attention and the "mysterious" idea you'd probably wanted to create. At least it doesn't without some text, a small paraphrase, a quote or something like that that give's us a thought why he's hiding his face, looking away or whatever.

Second, imo the black lining is ok, but I find it a bit weird that it's just an overlay instead of having a different color or moisture between the outside of the picture and the blacklining. Some ppl put a shadow or some other weird thing over the outer lining (instead of showing the background). That's totally personal tho, feel free to ignore it.

The black and white idea is great, and worked out pretty well, I wouldn't make it a box tho, or at least not like this but make it a bar instead, which goes from one side to the other, without stopping. Like the first thing I pointed out, it doesn't make sense why you did so. Without a nice quote or sentence, no clue what it's for.

You're using a nice font, perfect colors and the size and quality is OK aswell. Hope you find it useful.
thx for sharing ! helpful a lot ! and u gave me some ideas wich i'll work about ^^ thx once again , every opinion else is welcome:p soon the new design !

Ashlynn

Quote from: Dhart on April 21, 2009, 08:14:20 PM
well well well I'll take advantage of this topic asking you ppl some little things :p
i'm working on my signature  but I got so many ideas and every time I start working on it I can't chose how to make it / what put in it :p
here it is

this is not the finished work ofc , it just contains a little mix of the ideas I have got in my mind , same goes for the font (it was just to show that it'll take the nick :p ) and everything else ... just asking you what kind of ideas would you reccomend me...cause I rly don't know where to put hands since my ideas confuse me every sec more...:p
regards, Dhart
well, the quality of raster itself isn't the best it could be. I'd sharpen it a bit.
The grayscale part is really good looking.
Just try to center the text verticaly a bit.
There is just one thing which isn't good looking - there is too much borders, in my opinion. Either delete the black, larger one, or the smaller one. I'd rather delete the black one :)
And ye! make the smaller border a bit thinner. like 1 ~ 2 px. :)

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

Dhart

Quote from: Ashlynn on April 21, 2009, 09:48:19 PM
well, the quality of raster itself isn't the best it could be. I'd sharpen it a bit.
The grayscale part is really good looking.
Just try to center the text verticaly a bit.
There is just one thing which isn't good looking - there is too much borders, in my opinion. Either delete the black, larger one, or the smaller one. I'd rather delete the black one :)
And ye! make the smaller border a bit thinner. like 1 ~ 2 px. :)
k, working on it ty :d

Dhart

ah ! what about the position of the char ? better stick it in front or from back ?:p

Ashlynn

Quote from: Dhart on April 21, 2009, 10:21:18 PM
ah ! what about the position of the char ? better stick it in front or from back ?:p
it looks better from the back :) it makes it kinda original ;)

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

Dhart

Quote from: Ashlynn on April 21, 2009, 10:30:14 PM
it looks better from the back :) it makes it kinda original ;)
do u like the font also ?=P

Jerry Rose

Well, I would need new sig for my new char :) I'll send ya some o' my screens and we'll see what you can work out ;)

israfael

Quote from: Dhart on April 21, 2009, 10:37:29 PM
do u like the font also ?=P

the name of the font is papyrus, right? don't use it on a rectangle with perfect edges...

imho you could make another screen with your char showing his back but make the face more visible as if he was looking behind his shoulder, watching his back... and not begging for being stabbed in his back.

target a npc and walk a bit in one plac until you'll find that perfect shot ;p
IsrathinePL - bladedancer/overlord
Israthine - spellhowler/overlord

WindPhoenix

Quote from: israfael on April 22, 2009, 01:00:47 AM
the name of the font is papyrus, right? don't use it on a rectangle with perfect edges...

imho you could make another screen with your char showing his back but make the face more visible as if he was looking behind his shoulder, watching his back... and not begging for being stabbed in his back.

target a npc and walk a bit in one plac until you'll find that perfect shot ;p
you suck in pvp anyway  ;D

flameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

'sup meng?
Quote from: Kamillo29 on July 19, 2009, 12:42:09 PM
teh almighty windpenixor the best pvper in DN history

israfael

i've never said i was good at it :P

and in this topic it's rather player vs photoshop... btw msn, manx.
IsrathinePL - bladedancer/overlord
Israthine - spellhowler/overlord