Fix overpowered Clan luck? - Page 3

News:

Main Menu

Fix overpowered Clan luck?

Started by Alex, August 03, 2009, 04:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HelloWorlds

Quote from: Mijamoto on August 04, 2009, 11:18:52 AM
;D imagine that some ppl care about other ppl, not only about themselves.... and u will understand WHY.

Yes, i personally have sub, s grade, good clan, 3rd class and dont have problems with xping.
no, there's nothing to understand. we addressed the point of lower level people. they're not in clans that are able to have clan luck.
so you don't know why you've a problem with clan luck basically.

Futile

absolutely amazing, everyone that wants to keep clan luck is not seeing the bigger picture here.

the argument: "dont get clan luck, if u want clan luck being removed" is hilariously sad.
Those that oppose clan luck  are the hunters.
They want it removed, because if they kill their prey, the victims literally lose no xp

Of course though, for the hunter the passive buff clan luck is beneficial too, in case a bigger hunter comes, or the prey unites and luckily kills the predator.

Nevertheless the thrill for the hunter, to kill their victim diminishes, if they dont even lose exp.
Its harder for a high lvl person (lvl 82+) to regain exp, then for a low lvl person (76+)

(Those that are below lvl 76, shouldnt complain or comment at all)

I stay on my thesis, that the clan luck passive right now, kills partly the pvp/pk fun.

Its a simple conclusion.
Clan luck should be removed, to keep the server alive.
Once u are high lvl and have good equipment, there is nothing else to do, then to pvp.

On a x1 Server, clan luck might make sense. but we have x15 and x30 servers.
Therefor Clanluck should be removed As Soon As Possible.

Alex

As I see everybody are protecting low levels and their point of keeping clan luck is just to help to low levels. Ok, those under 76 w/o third prof can be counted as low levels too, but its very easy to exp on those levels too, in the end they have clans as you say, where they can find party and buffs for exping. But even if some newbies will suffer from that, nerfing clan luck is much more important to keep alive the pvp system.

It's much more fun when you don't want to lose (tho for me death is already a defeat) and do anything it takes to survive than you just think "ok i dont lose exp" and die.
ShowStopper having a break from hard GM work:

Dagger Allstarsâ,,¢

Sephiroth

Quote from: Alex on August 04, 2009, 12:23:19 PM
As I see everybody are protecting low levels and their point of keeping clan luck is just to help to low levels. Ok, those under 76 w/o third prof can be counted as low levels too, but its very easy to exp on those levels too, in the end they have clans as you say, where they can find party and buffs for exping. But even if some newbies will suffer from that, nerfing clan luck is much more important to keep alive the pvp system.

It's much more fun when you don't want to lose (tho for me death is already a defeat) and do anything it takes to survive than you just think "ok i dont lose exp" and die.

I still cannot understand ur point...for it's been the same since C4,I don't mind if my enemies lose exp or not since our servers r high rated.Neither I used to care of dying in C4 times.

Mijamoto

Quote from: Futile on August 04, 2009, 11:59:20 AM
Its a simple conclusion.
Clan luck should be removed, to keep the server alive.
Once u are high lvl and have good equipment, there is nothing else to do, then to pvp.

If we want keep server alive - lets go to topic about horn quest and say bump. And thats how u will make more pvp, more fun, cuz more ppl participate.

Other reason for keeping clan luck. Working ppl that play in evenings come in game to pvp, not to xp all night. I hope all can agree on this one? Coz pvp is what u all want anyway. And imagine that u have to xp just to xp again in few days to not loose s grade lvl.
David23rus:
"ПроÑ,,ессор Mijamoto!  Ð' прикидывании дурачком, лукавсÑ,ве и заумныÑ... высказыванияÑ... Ñ,ебе неÑ, равныÑ...!"
DECC:
ИмÑ...о, Mijamoto адекваÑ,нее и разумнее большей часÑ,и населения русской веÑ,ки.[img]

DNx15 / l2inc - Dievs, Stalingrad
HRx25 - Dievs, Severance

SolarWind

Your arguments against clan luck are pure bullshit. Unadulterated, uncut, pure and prime bullshit. You say on the one hand make exp loss like it's supposed to be and yet clan luck is working EXACTLY like it's supposed too. You say you want your enemies to lose exp yet the only server this matters at all on is ONE server. Infinity at the lowest rate. All the other servers it is laughable to think it even freaking matters how you die at any level. You are just pathetic in trying to justify this. Clearly you idiots are high level with great gear and can't even begin to remember what it was like to not have this gear. Because it's not skill that makes pvp on these servers and in this games. It is PURELY and ONLY gear and buffs. And stop acting as though your motives are pure and altruistic. Trying to say it's for the good of the server if people lose exp is so freaking retarded I can't even begin to express it. Are you saying this with a straight face?

Alex

Quote from: Sephiroth on August 04, 2009, 01:14:30 PM
I still cannot understand ur point...for it's been the same since C4,I don't mind if my enemies lose exp or not since our servers r high rated.Neither I used to care of dying in C4 times.

Indeed on 78+ u lose just 0.25% from dying by war, its just 2 mobs on HB island, but anyway u need to spend time to kill these mobs and losing exp is a kind of traditional L2 penalty for death. On high rated servers like here its not unbearable so keeping the present clan luck is just lame.

Quote from: Mijamoto on August 04, 2009, 01:47:34 PM
If we want keep server alive - lets go to topic about horn quest and say bump. And thats how u will make more pvp, more fun, cuz more ppl participate.

Other reason for keeping clan luck. Working ppl that play in evenings come in game to pvp, not to xp all night. I hope all can agree on this one? Coz pvp is what u all want anyway. And imagine that u have to xp just to xp again in few days to not loose s grade lvl.

Spending time to exp is an essential part of L2 as well as pvp, everybody except GM narog from x15 server have spent time to exp their chars. Some do it faster and some do it slower. In the end there are tons of bishops and EEs on server who can ress restoring 80% and 90% of lost exp.

Dagger Allstarsâ,,¢

Alex

Quote from: SolarWind on August 04, 2009, 01:59:15 PM
Your arguments against clan luck are pure bullshit. Unadulterated, uncut, pure and prime bullshit. You say on the one hand make exp loss like it's supposed to be and yet clan luck is working EXACTLY like it's supposed too. You say you want your enemies to lose exp yet the only server this matters at all on is ONE server. Infinity at the lowest rate. All the other servers it is laughable to think it even freaking matters how you die at any level. You are just pathetic in trying to justify this. Clearly you idiots are high level with great gear and can't even begin to remember what it was like to not have this gear. Because it's not skill that makes pvp on these servers and in this games. It is PURELY and ONLY gear and buffs. And stop acting as though your motives are pure and altruistic. Trying to say it's for the good of the server if people lose exp is so freaking retarded I can't even begin to express it. Are you saying this with a straight face?

your poor replies barely contain anything except low insults so its my last answer to you

1. im far from 85 lvl and i need to exp a lot to finally forget about exping
2. i remember how i started playing on dragon servers and when i was alone w/o sub/equip/friends/buff bot chars, i didnt even think about going to cry on forum to remove exp penalty totally
3. to use the right buffs for pvp u need to think just a bit and e.g. if u used all the possible resists u can take down some stupid mage with raid set and dyna+6 having just draco and tate sets.

hope everything above will make u think instead of whining on forums about other players' equipment and buffs.

Dagger Allstarsâ,,¢

SolarWind

There is no whining. I am stating facts.

The "traditional" game you talk of doesn't exist anymore. Go find an old server still playing C4. Clan luck is working AS IT IS SUPPOSED TO. It is is a thing of the past to lose so much exp. That ended when Interlude came. Get over it and move on. Lineage II is not a static game. I don't like many other changes myself but it is what it is. Stop trying to roll back the clock for the rest of us. Clan luck is a freaking good thing. As I said. If you don't want it then don't freaking buy it.

HelloWorlds

gear matters of course but the difference is not always that huge. what makes a huge diff: buffs, baium/aq on fighter, weapons above +10 S80. even the op DNET  dyna set, while too strong, isnt giving a big enough advantage.
a dude in dc robe and am+3 can kill an archer in dyna and draco +10 both with good buffs and resits
a dude in maj light (but tate jewels please) and c grade dagger can kill a mage in dyna robe and am+10

that's because some classes are better vs some others. thats L2 knowledge.

personally, i have a and some s grade, once my chars reach max level, no matter how much i pvp, not only i never lose xp, but actually i win some xp by killing mobs to get to wars. and i don't even have clan luck

meaning i start to pvp at lvl 85 eg, zero xp, a week later im 85 and 10%.

Futile

Quote from: Mijamoto on August 04, 2009, 01:47:34 PM

Stay on the topic. horn has nothing to do with it.

Are u actually saying, keeping clan luck to support people that play less, is a good argument to keep it?
Right now people just die, and dont care about it, since they lose practically nothing.

Quote from: SolarWind on August 04, 2009, 01:59:15 PM
1) Your arguments against clan luck are pure bullshit. Unadulterated, uncut, pure and prime bullshit.
2) You say on the one hand make exp loss like it's supposed to be and yet clan luck is working EXACTLY like it's supposed too.
3) You say you want your enemies to lose exp yet the only server this matters at all on is ONE server.
Infinity at the lowest rate. All the other servers it is laughable to think it even freaking matters how you die at any level.
You are just pathetic in trying to justify this.

4) Clearly you idiots are high level with great gear and can't even begin to remember what it was like to not have this gear.
Because it's not skill that makes pvp on these servers and in this games.
It is PURELY and ONLY gear and buffs.

5) And stop acting as though your motives are pure and altruistic. Trying to say it's for the good of the server if people lose exp is so freaking retarded I can't even begin to express it. Are you saying this with a straight face?

1) Your arguments on the other hand are pure and filled with wisdom right? Anyone using vulgar language, usually has no point and is trying to win his argument, by empty hateful words.

2) I never said to make clanluck the way its suppose to be. i said: remove it completely.

3) New players benefit enough by playing on a high rate server.  When dying, they should lose experience.
They can regain experience still pretty fast. With Clanluck, dying is no big deal, experience wise.
In fact people should lose more experience when being killed, since this is a high rate server. But its fine by me, if they just lose the normal amount.
But Now, people dont lose experience, due to clanluck.

4) My gear is just normal, and i levelled many different classes and plaied on many different servers since the first release of lineage 2.
i know exactly, what its like to start as a beginner.
If u believe that gear and buffs are the only components, that influences the result of a pvp, then there is no hope for u.

5) You are not seeing the bigger picture, as i mentioned before.

You say yourself, that losing experience like 2-5% is no big deal on a high rate server.
Yet u are for clanluck, which makes experience lose to 0,01% - 0,005%.
Something isnt right there in your main argument.
Those that are for removing clanluck, just want the victims to lose at least Some experience.
Not like it is right now. (losing experience below "0,xxx")

If u are an Infinity player, there might be some space for your argument.
But for Nightmare and Dragon, which we are in fact discussing about since 3 forum pages, Clanluck needs to be removed.

Mijamoto

Quote from: Futile on August 04, 2009, 03:06:36 PM
Stay on the topic. horn has nothing to do with it.

Are u actually saying, keeping clan luck to support people that play less, is a good argument to keep it?

They are not playing more cuz of work. They wont play more if they will hav eto xp, but they wont be on pvp and in the end they will leave.
David23rus:
"ПроÑ,,ессор Mijamoto!  Ð' прикидывании дурачком, лукавсÑ,ве и заумныÑ... высказыванияÑ... Ñ,ебе неÑ, равныÑ...!"
DECC:
ИмÑ...о, Mijamoto адекваÑ,нее и разумнее большей часÑ,и населения русской веÑ,ки.[img]

DNx15 / l2inc - Dievs, Stalingrad
HRx25 - Dievs, Severance