Fix overpowered Clan luck? - Page 5

News:

Main Menu

Fix overpowered Clan luck?

Started by Alex, August 03, 2009, 04:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaylaar

Quote from: Clear on August 10, 2009, 05:37:24 PM
your welcome 2 name a different clan 2 fill that war slot if theres a better option (no point having empty war slots)
its a pvp game and we want as much pvp as possible
these other *small* clans only get our attention by flaging us or boting or other rubbish so they end up on the war list no big deal rly
and these COB ppl u speak of.. they attacked our castle with 3 partys vs our 1 so yes they can get people if they really try

and on topic i still want -10% per death 2 be applied, that COB guy who kept coming back 2 attack you for 1 hour probably lost almost no exp

well that's the question, why does that bother u or alex lol, it's not like they're ur worst real life enemies or sth, u win, they lose, it's game, i wouldn't wanna punish someone with 4-5 hrs of leveling, i'd be happy i won^^
if ppl start losing exp they will engage in pvps even less than now

(wth is IskryAureli? :o )

About "they attack our castle 3 pts vs 1" it's not like u pay rent for it, that's the point of having a castle, having sieges and stuff. Ofc they attacked it, why do u have to declare war over that? U wouldn't have any siege if the whole server would sign up to defend it.
[URL=http://img171.imageshack.us/i/kay1.png/][/URL]

Alex

Quote from: Kaylaar on August 11, 2009, 12:43:27 AM
well that's the question, why does that bother u or alex lol, it's not like they're ur worst real life enemies or sth, u win, they lose, it's game, i wouldn't wanna punish someone with 4-5 hrs of leveling, i'd be happy i won^^
if ppl start losing exp they will engage in pvps even less than now

About "they attack our castle 3 pts vs 1" it's not like u pay rent for it, that's the point of having a castle, having sieges and stuff. Ofc they attacked it, why do u have to declare war over that? U wouldn't have any siege if the whole server would sign up to defend it.

The only point to keep clan luck is that it maybe increases the ammount of pvp on server since carebears are not afraid to lose exp. They are not our worst enemies from real life that's why I want them to lose exp in game not in real life xD

(it's some noob PL zerg clan which probably already dissolved or rejoined blue ally zerg and we forgot to remove the war)

About "they attack our castle 3 pts vs 1" Clear stated that the poor COB guy u described in your previous post which i hope u didnt forget isnt totally lonely in his clan. Nobody said they dont have the right to attack our castle 3 pt vs 1 and die there. Though I'd like them to lose exp for being skill-less noobs also it was so fun to kill them that we decided to declare the war to them (one-sided unfortunately).
ShowStopper having a break from hard GM work:

Dagger Allstarsâ,,¢

Clear

Quote from: Kaylaar on August 11, 2009, 12:43:27 AM

IskryAureli were alot at some stage.. as alex said they may have rejoining other clans (you can suggest a war 2 replace that if u like)

and the siege.. its just 2 show that theyre not 1 single guy they can be in large numbers at time.. so no reason not 2 have war rly

Kaylaar

How would i know the clans lol...from ur list i only recognize as in "seen the crest" gehena and inkisicion or sth (most i ve seen are in A grade and gehenna camps golkis like crazy, many unsubbed)+inactive clans like bloody fist. Dunno why u have to fill the slots tho and what clan luck has 2 do with it. TwoFaced still exists? ??? U can declare to me if u rlly wanna fill ur war slots (i don't play and nobody does in my clan but i think i ve bought clan luck xD)

Srsly the fact that u don't like/find the pvps anymore isn't a clan skill problem, look 4  the causes in the unbalanced everything on this server (mostly gear-greedy owner=expensive game items and repeated nerfing of one char or another).

PS ask Balham not 2 drop trains on me if possible, i'm gonna finish my bsoe stash with half of HB island on me... :D

Mijamoto

Quote from: Kaylaar on August 11, 2009, 04:30:11 AM
How would i know the clans lol...from ur list i only recognize as in "seen the crest" gehena and inkisicion or sth

I have seen all of those clan, so maybe i will inform u a bit -

Hyuga - i saw alot of them few weeks ago on rb. 2 pts at least and they got fort.
Ambrosia - haven't seen them about a month. Last info they had ally with Stronghold and Afterlife (leader FDX was hero some time ago)
Hexa - donno much about them, see them 1-2 ppl all the time.
Bloodyfist - i think they joined Blue ally some weeks ago.
Inkision - blue ally, they got fort, but don't accept war from my clan as well.
Gehena - "winged" political ally. Simple ally with sonet and pxoenix(smthing). Lost fort to someone from blue ally.
DX - =D do i need to comment?
TH - 2-3 ppl alive. Got heroes and bugged fort.
BloodBonds - broke up with DX and i guess they have war now.
IskryAureli - last info from there ex-ally that they left server.
F2ckEmALL - few ppl runin around i guess mostly bots of other ppl that play in other clans.
xVenDettax - alive clan, blue ally, can gather 1-2 pts. Legend goes that leader scamed Aden ch. Some time ago owned Shutgard.
B1a - do i need coment?
NewClan - blue ally, but not a lot of them now...
2F - they got few players as i know, but they are good players. Critias for example.
Sonet - in old times there was a lot of Spanish players, but now not alot of them. Ally of Gehena.
CosaNostraCLan - love war with them too. Own mm donno remember what castle. Ally with LTW.
TheChosen - "winged ally", simple ally with Tornado and 8ball. Own Oren.
COB - was in blue ally, but i seen onli 1 men from them running around. Even Narog left. I heard they changed leader.

Of corse i may mistaken somewhere. Pls give more info if u know. =)

David23rus:
"ПроÑ,,ессор Mijamoto!  Ð' прикидывании дурачком, лукавсÑ,ве и заумныÑ... высказыванияÑ... Ñ,ебе неÑ, равныÑ...!"
DECC:
ИмÑ...о, Mijamoto адекваÑ,нее и разумнее большей часÑ,и населения русской веÑ,ки.[img]

DNx15 / l2inc - Dievs, Stalingrad
HRx25 - Dievs, Severance

xxGEBELSxx

Quote from: Mijamoto on August 11, 2009, 09:07:02 AM
Bloodyfist - i think they joined Blue ally some weeks ago.

They're not in Blue ally. i think they have even war with them.

HelloWorlds

Losing XP isn't a matter of hate. It's a matter of game play.
When you win, you are rewarded (castle, drops, whatever)
When you loose, you have a malus (lost XP, death penality, drops, castle ownership, whatever)

the issue is that when you lose in a pvp or even a rb, or die to mobs at the moment, you lose nothing. you sacrifice nothing.
that's reserved only to "big" clans of course. all the people who are REALLY struggling to XP, they don't have clan luck. they don't have anything.

on retail, not only xp is 1X, but also, very few clans have clan luck. gathering enough RP is very difficult. imagine, if you were farming lvl 40 chars, first its 1X, then youhave to *pay euros*  for each account of chars to level, then wait 7 days for char deletion ! no one does that.
here, every top clan has it.

while clan luck can still bring a bonus it just shouldnt be as important.maybe 5-10% bonus. hell, you loose less xp by having clan luck than having war, so lame clans don't war, ever, since no point for them.

if everyone lost 10% per death (yes, its exagerated), imagine how the pvp and rb would be? much more interesting imo. every rush would be carefully planned. people woulndn't win with constant zerging anymore. they would win by skill and gear (gear that you obtain by hard work - or euros/cheats here, yes, but mainly hard work. thus u get rewarded in pvp for ur hard work! )

i actually wish that we'd lose 5% per death on lvl 79+ (like on 78) and clan luck gives only 5% XP bonus over the 5% lost (so a tiny bonus only). it would be a good compromise.

with resurrection, and war/combat zone these 5% will be only 1%. 1% is 2 mobs at level 85 on 15X. even in no grade u can achieve that.
yes, if you die 100 times, its gonna be a lot of mobs. then if you die 100 times, its the penality you should get, for losing so hard.

R3D5C0RP10N

After reading all of this i wana make a simple question.

Those who agree leting clan luck like this are WOW players or what??..

At the beggining of our server (talking about infinity Zenith times) we were losing alot of exp and moobs were giving sh1t of exp. This times were the nicest ones and no one complained about exp.

Now we dont drop with moobs, we loose no exp and we have sin eater to reduce the pk amount.

Continuing like this we are going to have a WOW server and not a L2 server IMO.

R3D5C0RP10N BD/SE 79/79
Big fat dorf warsmith lvl 70^^

Proud to had been HEAVENGUARD member.
Proud to had been at SF side.
U are born without knowing, u die without wanting, so live well ur interval^^.

Kaylaar

Quote from: R3D5C0RP10N on August 12, 2009, 08:23:41 PM
After reading all of this i wana make a simple question.

Those who agree leting clan luck like this are WOW players or what??..

At the beggining of our server (talking about infinity Zenith times) we were losing alot of exp and moobs were giving sh1t of exp. This times were the nicest ones and no one complained about exp.

Now we dont drop with moobs, we loose no exp and we have sin eater to reduce the pk amount.

Continuing like this we are going to have a WOW server and not a L2 server IMO.

I hate WOW ^_^
Agree with u, but u do have to remember something else-in the good old times u did not see a pvp between a char in dynasty with S 80 OE weapon vs A grade. The servers were still fresh, B grade was top equipment and a golki was spawning every 40 mins or so, so most ppl that reached 76 were subbed. A grade was only for 4-5 donators (on x15 that is).PVP was balanced. I'm not sure about infinity but that balance is now loooong gone.
Btw when i had clan luck on an active char i didn't even notice that i didn't lose much exp xD I'm just saying it doesn't cause any noticeable unbalance.
Again not sure about infinity but many things in pvps are gone - now noone has a problem attacking 5 vs 1.  It used to be like "i flag someone that's in a party, the party lets us have 1 vs 1".
I flagged someone (as a joke, it was a friend) with my spoiler, and a full party in S grd hit me in the same time only cause my nick was flashing purple.
Since the pvp style changed so much and the pvps last few seconds, i think we should accept the changes in exp loss too. :)

Mijamoto

Quote from: R3D5C0RP10N on August 12, 2009, 08:23:41 PM

Very nice thing to have, when server disc every hour...
David23rus:
"ПроÑ,,ессор Mijamoto!  Ð' прикидывании дурачком, лукавсÑ,ве и заумныÑ... высказыванияÑ... Ñ,ебе неÑ, равныÑ...!"
DECC:
ИмÑ...о, Mijamoto адекваÑ,нее и разумнее большей часÑ,и населения русской веÑ,ки.[img]

DNx15 / l2inc - Dievs, Stalingrad
HRx25 - Dievs, Severance

Futile

its easy to explain:

1) Strong clans with dynasty, pvp every day.
2) Some skilled players are able to kill more then 1 equally equipped dynasty char.
3) A good party of 5 players, can kill 9+ enemies all in dynasty.

1) But a good party, has problems against 9 dynasty guys + 1 party or more in a/s grade.
2) Same goes for 1 player killing 2-3 others in dynasty easily.
3) That 1 player has problem against a full party with 2-3 dynasty guys and other lower equipped chars.

Players refer to it as: "zerg" or "dogs"

I dont mind, that they come back with greater numbers, because often enough they get crushed.
But, sometimes the "zerg" wins, and then they feel like the greatest, cause they killed dynasty guys.

They start flaming, they get a castle as a reward or zerging, they drive 5 players from their xp spots away with 23 players.
And they can keep coming and coming. thx to clanluck.

The main reason for nerfing clanluck is to reduce the zergs.
Of course there are plenty of other reasons, allrdy mentioned before.

our4n0s

I ofcourse agree with Alex, i actually think lvl 85 should lose 0.5 - 1 % per death.
retired