Web Analytics
AION vs GRACIA FINAL - Page 3

News:

Main Menu

AION vs GRACIA FINAL

Started by dusaka, August 26, 2009, 10:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vasu

Not only based on graphics, but well, it's also pretty important, if you're going to go with an mmo for a while.
Also, could you please mention some of the new mmo concepts of Aion? I'm pretty interested in them.

LinK187

Well the most obvious one is flight combat. Which needs little explaining, pvp while you fly. Which adds a number of tacticts not possible while restricted to the ground.

There's also chain skills where you can essentially pull off a combo of skills provided certain conditions are met at the completion of each skill....

The next would be PvPvE which is basically the need to fight ppl and npcs while questing... or rather the danger of being ganked in some areas. it's more complicated than that but I'm not sure how to explain it to someone who's not playing it.. http://www.aiononline.com should be able to explain it better...

vasu

Well, the flying combat is pretty old, I would say it exist since 3-4 years or so, if not more.
The chain skills sound good, I've read about them.
I have also read about the PvPvE system and well, I don't see how is that exciting.

Kaylaar

The chain skills aren't new either, they're even better (imo) in AoC. Pvping while flying (especially when u're melee) seems quite complicated though. I only tried 3 times but it is quite hard checking ur remaining flight time AND chasing ur oponent all over the place (if the oponent is a ranger or a mage it looks to me u're screwed, my assassin was... xD)
[URL=http://img171.imageshack.us/i/kay1.png/][/URL]

dusaka

AION  it's just the NEXT Game  - new engine,better graphic and nothing more  - looking like 8+ years old ,better go and watch
Tom & Jerry
Lineage is't game with own story and temperament

dusaka  WC/DE  since 5.5 years

Kondjo   Warsmith/B.Hunter  BEST CRAFTER in NM

BgXAH   DA/TH

LinK187

Quote from: dusaka on September 01, 2009, 12:32:21 AM
AION  it's just the NEXT Game  - new engine,better graphic and nothing more  - looking like 8+ years old ,better go and watch
Tom & Jerry
Lineage is't game with own story and temperament

What translation website are you using? You may wish to seek out another; you make no sense.

@everyone else since my last post:
You make valid, yet uneducated, points. It's very hard to explain really, it makes a lot of sense if you play the game from lvls 1-25.... i cannot, for the life of me, find the proper words to explain the new concepts that Aion brings us.

Kaylaar

U shouldn't use "uneducated" ::) I'm following Aion's progress for 2 years, i have an account since 2007 and i play l2 since mid 2005. Add that i play RPGs for (probably) more years than u have been alive^^Dun think i have no idea what i'm talking about. It's just a matter of taste. I loved l2  but the quest pattern is too repetitive. Inspite of Aion's great graphics i think it's too much a "perfect world" style game, i still prefer l2 from that point of view. I'll still play Aion cause it's new, nobody says u have 2 play only 1 game, i'll decide if i stay in Aion after i give it a go as a real game, not a beta.

As i said a matter of taste, i don't see the point of arguing over what game is better. I don't like wow tho most of DN players loved it at some stage i'm sure.

LinK187

Quote from: Kaylaar on September 01, 2009, 06:55:28 AM
U shouldn't use "uneducated" ::) I'm following Aion's progress for 2 years, i have an account since 2007 and i play l2 since mid 2005. Add that i play RPGs for (probably) more years than u have been alive^^Dun think i have no idea what i'm talking about. It's just a matter of taste. I loved l2  but the quest pattern is too repetitive. Inspite of Aion's great graphics i think it's too much a "perfect world" style game, i still prefer l2 from that point of view. I'll still play Aion cause it's new, nobody says u have 2 play only 1 game, i'll decide if i stay in Aion after i give it a go as a real game, not a beta.

As i said a matter of taste, i don't see the point of arguing over what game is better. I don't like wow tho most of DN players loved it at some stage i'm sure.

I'm not arguing over the best game, I'm arguing against ignorance.

Somehow I doubt you've been playing mmos longer than I've been alive...unless you're in your 30s....considering l2 was new to me in '03.

Also notice how you've not elaborated on the questions asked, it's very dificult to explain the unique concepts of aion, but unique none the less.

Furesy

Aion isn't unique, period.

The only thing new they have is a new engine, which, kinda all new MMO's got.

It's just another story, with a different name.

wow, cool, awesome, have fun playng it, for those who don't, let them be.

LinK187

Quote from: Furesy on September 01, 2009, 12:51:52 PM
Aion isn't unique, period.

The only thing new they have is a new engine, which, kinda all new MMO's got.

It's just another story, with a different name.

wow, cool, awesome, have fun playng it, for those who don't, let them be.

Why would I stop playing l2 over a game that is the same thing? Perhaps you may want to provide references to support your supposed points.

Kaylaar

@Link yes i am in my 30's and i've been playing RPGs for a long time. I don't think any of u remembers the first of the elder scrolls game or BG1 lolz. Games keep u young btw xD And they're fun...connected to the other issue about botting for boring stuff, that's why i told u to quit a game that bores u 99% and try something new. (minor correction - i play l2 on dragon since 2005/C3, played official  and phoenix b4)

@ Fure - ofc u're right xD (no idea what ya posted)

Furesy

Quote from: LinK187 on September 01, 2009, 03:05:55 PM
Why would I stop playing l2 over a game that is the same thing? Perhaps you may want to provide references to support your supposed points.
Maybe ask yourself that exact same question and than come up with something better to say.

Aion isn't new, prove me it has something unique, something never done before in a MMORPG and I'll gladly take a look at it.

For me it's just some Next-Gen MMORPG that gives nothing new, just newer engine, newer graphics (though I'm not very impressed by them), it's nothing groundbreaking or revolutionary, it's just called progress, gaming-evolution.