News:

Main Menu

Becouse of GM-friends on msn.

Started by NYPD, September 13, 2009, 09:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidicarus

Quote from: Marinella on September 17, 2009, 01:40:08 PM
same for mages:
def arrow/regen pot/ some spicific buff like emp echo, seed of fire/wind/aqua, blazing skin sometimes/ ud/ prayer/salvation/

Lol blazing skin.

PS. They are right..... Fighters are dependant on more buffs then mages. Ofcourse you could get the same amount of buffs for both, but talking out of my own experience i'd say a fighter uses more slots then mages.

[URL=http://img202.imageshack.us/i/defstats2.jpg/][/URL]

TomekAlmighty

Quote from: FadeAway on September 17, 2009, 01:32:04 PM
Excuse me but i know holy and divine protection decreases the dmg of dark attacks, but wtf does unholy resistance do? aint it giving resistance to sacred attack or smth? Always have like a useless buff for me. Arcane protection seems a bit useless for me aswell but that's a opinion (it's like imma buff myself with weight limit buff so i can carry more CP pots in pvp and i can spam it!!!!)

And let's say the pvp situation is a pt of mages vs a pt of fighters.
1. Mages would need conc+mystic+siren and maybe storm dance thingy while fighters would need fire+furry+warrior+conc+aqua+resistance song
2. Mages would need earth+ vit+ renewal + song vs archers (cant remember the name), while fighters need warding+vit+renewal+hunter+all resistance songs + wind (is optional).

So with songs and dances only, fighters got like pretty much more buffslots used total...
Unholy is against dark attacks, holy is against attacks like solar flare, light vortex so its not that useless. Arcane protection seems useless to me too but someone else added it as an buff he uses...

Oh forgot to say that mages need also advanced Block shield...
My selfbuffs:: Ud, valor, tol, magical mirror, iron shield, deflect arrow
[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
KingBishop, TomekCritz, TomekAlmighty, YoMama
Quote from: Blondy on November 18, 2007, 07:15:25 PM
you will never be better as you are now ... , you reached the "best point"

FadeAway

Quote from: Ashlynn on September 17, 2009, 02:10:43 PM
Dance of Protection! If you fell out of a cliff in varka..

ah yeah.. how could i forget that one! thanks for the backup!  ::)

FadeAway

Quote from: kidicarus on September 17, 2009, 02:19:37 PM
Lol blazing skin.

PS. They are right..... Fighters are dependant on more buffs then mages. Ofcourse you could get the same amount of buffs for both, but talking out of my own experience i'd say a fighter uses more slots then mages.

agree, we kinda should compare the buffs that are really needed... like you said mages can get the same ammount, but most buffs would be just for the luxery and aint high priority as the ones fighters need.

Marinella

Quote from: FadeAway on September 17, 2009, 01:32:04 PM
Excuse me but i know holy and divine protection decreases the dmg of dark attacks, but wtf does unholy resistance do? aint it giving resistance to sacred attack or smth? Always have like a useless buff for me. Arcane protection seems a bit useless for me aswell but that's a opinion (it's like imma buff myself with weight limit buff so i can carry more CP pots in pvp and i can spam it!!!!)

And let's say the pvp situation is a pt of mages vs a pt of fighters.
1. Mages would need conc+mystic+siren and maybe storm dance thingy while fighters would need fire+furry+warrior+conc+aqua+resistance song
2. Mages would need earth+ vit+ renewal + song vs archers (cant remember the name), while fighters need warding+vit+renewal+hunter+all resistance songs + wind (is optional).

So with songs and dances only, fighters got like pretty much more buffslots used total...
arc protection can be used during sieges  against OL debuffs
also mages dances is conc+mystic+siren+aligment and sometimes in sieges danse of bladestorm for 15 sec`s
about sons allways using erth+wit+ward+renev+elemental+windstorm+ wind+ meditation if its long pvp

Nightmare (30x)
lBotDancer
gone...

TomekAlmighty

Quote from: kidicarus on September 17, 2009, 02:19:37 PM
Lol blazing skin.

The difference is like 1 or 2 buffs, depending on the class you have ... Just make yourself a list of buffs that are really needed for bouth archers and mages and you will see ;)

Zuluman

Quote from: TomekAlmighty on September 17, 2009, 02:20:12 PM
Unholy is against dark attacks, holy is against attacks like solar flare, light vortex so its not that useless. Arcane protection seems useless to me too but someone else added it as an buff he uses...

Oh forgot to say that mages need also advanced Block shield...
My selfbuffs:: Ud, valor, tol, magical mirror, iron shield, deflect arrow

Does this work properly now?
^Russ^ aKa DeadLast... any server anytime

Marinella

Nightmare (30x)
lBotDancer
gone...

kidicarus

Quote from: TomekAlmighty on September 17, 2009, 02:38:05 PM
The difference is like 1 or 2 buffs, depending on the class you have ... Just make yourself a list of buffs that are really needed for bouth archers and mages and you will see ;)

Archers hitting you on anything except fullbuffs = Noobalicious

Mages on bd/se = Kinda ok!

My point is that in a siege situation with FULL buffs, you will have the same amount, but thats mainly cause mages stack a few more resistance buffs. For mage/mage chars (not with a tank sub like us Tomek cause i know we got a bunch of selfbuffs that makes us pretty much equal to fighters.) you can fight properly with less buffs then a fighter.

[URL=http://img202.imageshack.us/i/defstats2.jpg/][/URL]

our4n0s

Quote from: Zuluman on September 17, 2009, 01:12:17 PM

Wk, Transfer pain

lol'd
goes with :

Quote from: NYPD on September 14, 2009, 10:35:58 AM
I have   1 Transfer pain 2 , arcanapower, and 3  wildmagic agument buff,  3 slots are gone from the first second.
retired

TomekAlmighty

Quote from: kidicarus on September 17, 2009, 05:06:04 PM
Archers hitting you on anything except fullbuffs = Noobalicious
Mages on bd/se = Kinda ok!
Yea but too bad times when you could enjoy pvp with only pp buffs or bd/se are long gone  :-\

Mohit0

mages > archers ;) with right buffs i think mages have chances to win archers
the sh1t nowdays is that ica bow has more atk speed than db/sb and that makes the difference between archers and mages
why Mr Track dont change icarus hall to give smth like 20-25% cast speed? sounds fair to me ::)

there is life before death?