News:

Main Menu

Oly solution

Started by Sifacil, October 12, 2009, 06:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sifacil

Im too lazy to masturbate myself, please give me a hand.-

our4n0s

tbh, you give way too much importance to oly, want to make the server alive? make godar pvp zone like olddd days <333333333333333333333333333333333333333 i would love it so much, make events, make skills working, lower the respawn time of RBs (and decrease their drop rate if needed, w/e)
retired

zthrx

whats the point of playing on server for new players where every old (farmer) player is feeded as hell with bogs and top items.

Furesy

Quote from: zthrx on October 12, 2009, 10:21:45 PM
whats the point of playing on server for new players where every old (farmer) player is feeded as hell with bogs and top items.
You really think NCSoft gives a rats ass about that on their official server?

You can't do nothing against that lol, old players will always have advantage over new players.

ohaem

hmm imo fair way to play at oly... class based? sure but only 1 char 1 IP but yea to much coding ^^ imo next solution is when u participate u can use only skills from class u signed example if u bd/se and u join oly on se u have only se skills and imo it can be fair all can take some buffs from  olympiad npc... in other things it cant be fair

http://d-technology.mybrute.com

our4n0s

make class based 1 day 1 class enable this way ppl wont have to wait everyday to make sure noone transfer, it ll be like 15th of july HE ... 12th es... etc
retired

WindPhoenix

Quote from: our4n0s on October 12, 2009, 11:02:17 PM
make class based 1 day 1 class enable this way ppl wont have to wait everyday to make sure noone transfer, it ll be like 15th of july HE ... 12th es... etc
Quote from: Kamillo29 on July 19, 2009, 12:42:09 PM
teh almighty windpenixor the best pvper in DN history

our4n0s

retired

scary

Quote from: cristianvernal on October 12, 2009, 06:41:00 PM

im gettin sick of high on sky wannabe pro archer acknowledged on server ego.... like 1 2 secs ur ego rised so much... not cool.(meaning cthon ofc)

going  to say the same ! :D
Carebears,BlackHand - 15x,30x
Gaia,Nova,Ayrin,Tarantula
 sc4ry  , c0t ,  CrystalTear  ,  sc4rry , Phenomen
Since 2005

NiToPaMi

Quote from: Sifacil on October 12, 2009, 06:07:55 AM
Ok..im retired from forum activity, but anyway, i took some time thinking about what to do with olympiad to make it better for everyone. As i see now, theres been 2 years of this system and we can come to these conclusion: Olympiad turned into a maffia thing, and the big farmers control it and decide who gets hero and who doesent (even charging ppl in coins for getting hero). Imo thats not the point of olympiad, but to have fun and decide who is the best in each class...now is about who is friend of who or who has more bots or who pays more. Im not against anyone here, as everybody knows, i been around for long time and i pretty know every old player of the server, so my intention here is not to attack anyone, but just add my 2 cents and try to make a better server to everyone.

Ok now, the systems got so corrupted that the only way to get hero if ure not a farmer is to log a lot of bots and pray to not get a farmer when u enter. So imo theres no fun at all with that, and it only adds more fortune to the farmers who get the naked bots that ppl logs to tranfer and get points for free.
Everybody knows that 90% of the classes now are not meant for oly, and they have really low chances of getting hero by themselves, so they eventually have to make a deal with farmers to get hero stat.

Now the ideas...

1- Is pretty obvious that nerfing is not the way, because at the end it only unbalance things more, and u enter an endless nerfing weel that never ends.

2- Re installing Class based games: I know, it was used to tranfer in the past, but hey..whats the difference with now? I will tell u..the difference was that in class based at least more ppl got bogs,and not only farmers, it needed some clan work and it was pretty fun when u spoted ppl tranfering, u enter with ur pro "w/e" and try to stop tranfering by killing them. It was plain more fair than now since at least if u won, u could say that u was the best in that class. Myself used to make hero shouts when i was about to make class based inviting other Saggitarious to try to defeat me...and trust me it was a hard adrenalline rush to fight others like me..i mean...at least was some kind of fair fight.

3-Allow pot usage. This is not the best idea i came up with, but hey its smth, at least it will stop the mana burn cryes. and fighters will have more chances to win a fight vs mages, even mages know that pro mana burners are just impossible to defeat.

---------------------------

Guys, im not intended to start a fight or a debate, i gave my opinion as an old player that wants to have a little bit of fun in a server that gets less and less ppl. I can understand that gms, and coders have a life and cant be all day changing our dypers and we have to come up with smth to make server more attractive to new comers, or for old players that wanna come back.
I spoke with lots of ppl in the server about what to do to improve oly a bit, and i only get "freak oly" or "nerf mana burn"...and u know..thats not a solution, thats a drawback.

I hope my opinion worth smth.

<3
Sifa
talk about old things is enought ...olympiad fights is so much coruptet people start donate euros to be like this .. so dont have to lost nothing if i change game for smth new and w8 some time for solve problems in nm server .fun is lost before 2 monts.talk and write to this forum is only wasted times.sorry for my bad eng but im 100% sure people will understand :D

NiToPaMi-sps/ee nobless

Deavon

Quote from: NiToPaMi on October 13, 2009, 01:51:48 PM
sorry for my bad eng but im 100% sure people will understand :D

Dont be so sure lol

flamingAwe

Quote from: Kikolina on October 13, 2009, 03:40:32 PM

i d focus more on inventing an algorithm that would calculate points somehow out of wins / loses / matches played, if lost match will count something, feeders wont be "sharing" them so easily... + "noob" chars will have bigger chances to become a hero

- <char>
  <name>Torgen</name>
  <level>81</level>
  <class>DUELIST</class>
  <clan>PrzyjacieleZubra</clan>
  <points>51</points>
  <match_count>15</match_count>
  <match_won_count>12</match_won_count>
  <match_lost_count>3</match_lost_count>
  </char>
- <char>

<char>