Web Analytics
Oly solution

News:

Main Menu

Oly solution

Started by Sifacil, October 12, 2009, 06:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sifacil

Ok..im retired from forum activity, but anyway, i took some time thinking about what to do with olympiad to make it better for everyone. As i see now, theres been 2 years of this system and we can come to these conclusion: Olympiad turned into a maffia thing, and the big farmers control it and decide who gets hero and who doesent (even charging ppl in coins for getting hero). Imo thats not the point of olympiad, but to have fun and decide who is the best in each class...now is about who is friend of who or who has more bots or who pays more. Im not against anyone here, as everybody knows, i been around for long time and i pretty know every old player of the server, so my intention here is not to attack anyone, but just add my 2 cents and try to make a better server to everyone.

Ok now, the systems got so corrupted that the only way to get hero if ure not a farmer is to log a lot of bots and pray to not get a farmer when u enter. So imo theres no fun at all with that, and it only adds more fortune to the farmers who get the naked bots that ppl logs to tranfer and get points for free.
Everybody knows that 90% of the classes now are not meant for oly, and they have really low chances of getting hero by themselves, so they eventually have to make a deal with farmers to get hero stat.

Now the ideas...

1- Is pretty obvious that nerfing is not the way, because at the end it only unbalance things more, and u enter an endless nerfing weel that never ends.

2- Re installing Class based games: I know, it was used to tranfer in the past, but hey..whats the difference with now? I will tell u..the difference was that in class based at least more ppl got bogs,and not only farmers, it needed some clan work and it was pretty fun when u spoted ppl tranfering, u enter with ur pro "w/e" and try to stop tranfering by killing them. It was plain more fair than now since at least if u won, u could say that u was the best in that class. Myself used to make hero shouts when i was about to make class based inviting other Saggitarious to try to defeat me...and trust me it was a hard adrenalline rush to fight others like me..i mean...at least was some kind of fair fight.

3-Allow pot usage. This is not the best idea i came up with, but hey its smth, at least it will stop the mana burn cryes. and fighters will have more chances to win a fight vs mages, even mages know that pro mana burners are just impossible to defeat.

---------------------------

Guys, im not intended to start a fight or a debate, i gave my opinion as an old player that wants to have a little bit of fun in a server that gets less and less ppl. I can understand that gms, and coders have a life and cant be all day changing our dypers and we have to come up with smth to make server more attractive to new comers, or for old players that wanna come back.
I spoke with lots of ppl in the server about what to do to improve oly a bit, and i only get "freak oly" or "nerf mana burn"...and u know..thats not a solution, thats a drawback.

I hope my opinion worth smth.

<3
Sifa
Im too lazy to masturbate myself, please give me a hand.-

cristianvernal

ofc ur opinion worth smth, since i know u that u have good ideas to this server...

now, ihave always been against transfer, but nowdays its all about 3/4 ppl gettin a lot of benefits out of bogs and hero's... back in days there were A LOT of ppl on olys, class based or not, and was fun like sifa says, u can get ur char rdy and stop the transfer or w/e...

thats an idea to keep server alive, cos nowdays the server is pretty dead and this kind of ideas should be considered instead of having ppl spamming or flaming....

imo, good idea and it might get a bit more ppl active...

xmaaadx

jygh

Quote from: Sifacil on October 12, 2009, 06:07:55 AM
Ok..im retired from forum activity, but anyway, i took some time thinking about what to do with olympiad to make it better for everyone. As i see now, theres been 2 years of this system and we can come to these conclusion: Olympiad turned into a maffia thing, and the big farmers control it and decide who gets hero and who doesent (even charging ppl in coins for getting hero). Imo thats not the point of olympiad, but to have fun and decide who is the best in each class...now is about who is friend of who or who has more bots or who pays more. Im not against anyone here, as everybody knows, i been around for long time and i pretty know every old player of the server, so my intention here is not to attack anyone, but just add my 2 cents and try to make a better server to everyone.

Ok now, the systems got so corrupted that the only way to get hero if ure not a farmer is to log a lot of bots and pray to not get a farmer when u enter. So imo theres no fun at all with that, and it only adds more fortune to the farmers who get the naked bots that ppl logs to tranfer and get points for free.
Everybody knows that 90% of the classes now are not meant for oly, and they have really low chances of getting hero by themselves, so they eventually have to make a deal with farmers to get hero stat.

Now the ideas...

1- Is pretty obvious that nerfing is not the way, because at the end it only unbalance things more, and u enter an endless nerfing weel that never ends.

2- Re installing Class based games: I know, it was used to tranfer in the past, but hey..whats the difference with now? I will tell u..the difference was that in class based at least more ppl got bogs,and not only farmers, it needed some clan work and it was pretty fun when u spoted ppl tranfering, u enter with ur pro "w/e" and try to stop tranfering by killing them. It was plain more fair than now since at least if u won, u could say that u was the best in that class. Myself used to make hero shouts when i was about to make class based inviting other Saggitarious to try to defeat me...and trust me it was a hard adrenalline rush to fight others like me..i mean...at least was some kind of fair fight.

3-Allow pot usage. This is not the best idea i came up with, but hey its smth, at least it will stop the mana burn cryes. and fighters will have more chances to win a fight vs mages, even mages know that pro mana burners are just impossible to defeat.

---------------------------

Guys, im not intended to start a fight or a debate, i gave my opinion as an old player that wants to have a little bit of fun in a server that gets less and less ppl. I can understand that gms, and coders have a life and cant be all day changing our dypers and we have to come up with smth to make server more attractive to new comers, or for old players that wanna come back.
I spoke with lots of ppl in the server about what to do to improve oly a bit, and i only get "freak oly" or "nerf mana burn"...and u know..thats not a solution, thats a drawback.

I hope my opinion worth smth.

<3
Sifa
well not bad ideas imo :P anyway in my opinion  as i said in some topics that oly should be only for retail class .... it would bring more fun also :P retail and without augument .....
  Nightmare 30x

VforVanilla

Quote from: jygh on October 12, 2009, 08:09:04 AM
well not bad ideas imo :P anyway in my opinion  as i said in some topics that oly should be only for retail class .... it would bring more fun also :P retail and without augument .....

Yea but almost all mutants have both class skills while they are on retail,so...

WindPhoenix

To be honest, making oly retail- type for the base class without DN sub, would spice things up.
Quote from: Kamillo29 on July 19, 2009, 12:42:09 PM
teh almighty windpenixor the best pvper in DN history

Diver

best solution for all - delete stack sub

flamingAwe

if someone is afraid of oly farming chars, he should make such char himself, and TRY to farm himself
If he succeeds, he's winner, he can give points to friends.

lucifsg

Quote from: jygh on October 12, 2009, 08:09:04 AM

actually ur idea sucks , if we go retail based ncsoft made augs for that reason so go qq to em .
class based is rather a good idea but i wonder if oly ll die cause noone will match his class to play and there will be just bot rushes for pts ...
<char>
  <name>lucifsg</name>
  <level>85</level>
  <class>Soultaker</class>
  <clan>BrokenAngelz</clan>
  <olympiads_won>70</olympiads_won>

lucifsg

Quote from: WindPhoenix on October 12, 2009, 10:21:13 AM
To be honest, making oly retail- type for the base class without DN sub, would spice things up.

i just decide i should stop replying to forum cause its pointless.
smartass how would u play oly how many es would sign up ... or even sps...
<char>
  <name>lucifsg</name>
  <level>85</level>
  <class>Soultaker</class>

lucifsg

i wanna ask u guys smth. why there is only 1 sws/ee in oly farming atm ? is it so hard to make one and go farm ?
<char>
  <name>lucifsg</name>
  <level>85</level>
  <class>Soultaker</class>

jygh

Quote from: lucifsg on October 12, 2009, 12:13:55 PM
i wanna ask u guys smth. why there is only 1 sws/ee in oly farming atm ? is it so hard to make one and go farm ?
cuz olympiad is not about 1 fcking class but all class and iff mine idea sux then give any better.... and ok auguments can stay so will be more balanced than it is for now for 100% ... is not our fault u donated a lot to buy life stones and now u want to save them
  Nightmare 30x

macris-0007

jizzz ppl oly sucks balls... better go to hb for 27v27 or smth... oh i forgot that this is nm
DragonNetwork ~ Nightmare 30x ~
* aDv *  BD/SH  
* DiablosII *  TH/WL
* Cracers *  HE/WK
proud member of ImmortalsLegion / Vend3tta / SINS /

a V a t a r s - v-CL
~ Nanaki ~ Celes ~ RPG ~ Arion ~ Asterios ~ Core ~ Hydra ~ DEX ~ Nanaki ~ Nightmare ~ RETIRED

ForTheSugarDaddy - BF4/LoL