enchant chance 66 % ? - Page 2

News:

Main Menu

enchant chance 66 % ?

Started by llllllllll, March 21, 2010, 12:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidicarus

Quote from: llllllllll on March 21, 2010, 04:18:57 PM
so if i understand well , "from the Coin example" maybe if i keep enchanting i will break em again ?

Well yes ofcourse they can break if you enchant again.

Quote from: llllllllll on March 21, 2010, 04:39:11 PM
oks :d so id better stop enchanting and keep farming ^^

Or keep enchanting and go for the gold!

All theese guys have already explained it very well, but incase you didn't get it:
66% = the probability of success per step > +3
Imagine a random number generator that goes from 1-100 if it lands on any number between 1-66 it will succeed. If it lands on any number above it (67-100) it will break.
By this logic it will be 66% chance to go +1 step, but with every step you go the odds of hitting a number that breaks your weapon will increase.

If you imagine spinning one of thoose huge lottery wheels they always have on gameshows, if you spin it 10 times (for a +13 weapon) you are gonna need to be VERY lucky not to land on any number between 67-100 on 10 tries.

And in your case..... You were pretty unlucky and landed on a "high number" 4 times at an early stage in your enchant process. Not very strange.... I failed 8 times in a row to +4 once.

[URL=http://img202.imageshack.us/i/defstats2.jpg/][/URL]

gacek

month ago i failed 9 times in a row in enchant from+3 to+4 dynasty dual sword .in total with 25 bews i made max+5 and only succeded 4 times at all.
Glad/PP - SE - WL - SWS
SR/SWS - NC

Luthiels

All these guys are quite acurate in their explanation but I'll try to explain one more thing... I hope it won't be very confusing...

Let's say the game has a 'Luck generator' that makes him decide wether u success in things as: enchanting skills, weapons/armors, getting drops, crafting etc.
Sometimes the game seems to 'loop' on this ficticial luck (either positive for us or negative, the game do not distinguish). So my advice is that if for example u're looking for a drop like a hard recipe, once u get one dropped, if u keep on farming for a short time there are high possibilities that u'll get another recipe.

Same for enchanting, let's say that if time is a line there are 'positive' and 'negative' fragments in that line so this means... if u break 3 things in a row... better leave the enchanting for another moment.

I hope u understand what I try to say...

Kotlet

Quote from: Luthiels on March 23, 2010, 12:56:52 AM
All these guys are quite acurate in their explanation but I'll try to explain one more thing... I hope it won't be very confusing...

Let's say the game has a 'Luck generator' that makes him decide wether u success in things as: enchanting skills, weapons/armors, getting drops, crafting etc.
Sometimes the game seems to 'loop' on this ficticial luck (either positive for us or negative, the game do not distinguish). So my advice is that if for example u're looking for a drop like a hard recipe, once u get one dropped, if u keep on farming for a short time there are high possibilities that u'll get another recipe.

Same for enchanting, let's say that if time is a line there are 'positive' and 'negative' fragments in that line so this means... if u break 3 things in a row... better leave the enchanting for another moment.

I hope u understand what I try to say...

omg, nice idea :D but it doesnt work. Chance to enchant/drop is always same. It doesnt matter if you failed enchant 100 times in row. Chance is still 66% (dunno what is enchant chance in DN, but lets say "enchant chance = x" x = CONSTANT, always!!) Game dont care that you burned 4 DS. Mob doesnt remember that you dropped 5 recipes in row.
So if you break 3 thing in a row... yes, you can leave enchanting for another moment, you can also leave enchanting when black cat cross your road, but it doesnt matter. You are just lucky or not

Luthiels

U didnt get what I said xD

If it helps u understand it... sometimes that luck stucks 'technologically'.

Informatical luck has nothing to do with real luck anyways :P

llllllllll

well i was false , everything is in technique , made DHA +7 and DS +7 easily tbh
[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=215&i=37216yc1.gif][/URL]

zule88

i made dark legion +14 in 5 minutes .... so ..... uploading damn screen .. i just made it for test and it was like safe till +14 with np

edit : uploaded, its very high rate of enchant i think should be nerfed
EvE> KMV - Tepir -Amarr
[url=http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Tepir][/url]

kidicarus

Quote from: zule88 on March 23, 2010, 12:48:39 PM
i just made it for test and it was like safe till +14 with np

Wow... Just wow.

"It was like safe till +14 np"
What kind of problems could you possibly have encountered while still making it +14? Lack of EWA?
And "it was like safe" ........ So it wasn't safe?

And the fact that you made it in 5 mins... Why did you emphasise that? What diffrence does it make?

Why did you post that screen? What does it show other then a DLE getting enchanted from +13-+14

And last but not least.... "It's very high rate of enchant I think it should be nerfed"
How did you come to that conclusion?
How many weapons have you enchanted?
Whats the rate?
Is it possible that you would like them to lower the rate since you already made an OE weapon and you wanna increase its value?
How come the enchantrate is to high after you succeed in enchanting a weapon while I know many people that enchanted their weapons even higher in C4, does that mean that the old enchantrate was to high?

Teach me o wise master, teach me!

zule88

Quote from: kidicarus on March 24, 2010, 11:58:32 AM
Wow... Just wow.

"It was like safe till +14 np"
What kind of problems could you possibly have encountered while still making it +14? Lack of EWA?
And "it was like safe" ........ So it wasn't safe?

And the fact that you made it in 5 mins... Why did you emphasise that? What diffrence does it make?

Why did you post that screen? What does it show other then a DLE getting enchanted from +13-+14

And last but not least.... "It's very high rate of enchant I think it should be nerfed"
How did you come to that conclusion?
How many weapons have you enchanted?
Whats the rate?
Is it possible that you would like them to lower the rate since you already made an OE weapon and you wanna increase its value?
How come the enchantrate is to high after you succeed in enchanting a weapon while I know many people that enchanted their weapons even higher in C4, does that mean that the old enchantrate was to high?

Teach me o wise master, teach me!

before every enchant i make relog   ;)  and to shut ur filthy moutholle i would be happy to upload from +3 to +14 , and yes lack of ewa if u can see i was left with 1 milion of adena and simple cant belive that today price of ewa > price of ews oO ???

p.s i dont care for weapon i dont play oO ? i loged to broke weapon .... i allready broke it :DDD  have apsolutely no interest in selling or w/e did not enchanted it for money i enchanted it for fun ... like i allways do ....
EvE> KMV - Tepir -Amarr
[url=http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Tepir][/url]

kidicarus

Quote from: zule88 on March 24, 2010, 12:15:37 PM
before every enchant i make relog   ;)  and to shut ur filthy moutholle i would be happy to upload from +3 to +14 , and yes lack of ewa if u can see i was left with 1 milion of adena and simple cant belive that today price of ewa > price of ews oO ???

p.s i dont care for weapon i dont play oO ? i loged to broke weapon .... i allready broke it :DDD  have apsolutely no interest in selling or w/e did not enchanted it for money i enchanted it for fun ... like i allways do ....

I don't think you understood the point of my post.

My point was; How can you come to the conclusion that enchanting is too easy after you made 1 weapon +14..... Makes no sense.

zule88

Quote from: kidicarus on March 24, 2010, 12:18:24 PM
I don't think you understood the point of my post.

My point was; How can you come to the conclusion that enchanting is too easy after you made 1 weapon +14..... Makes no sense.

was easy for me xDDD i log after dont know how much time (a lot) and try broke weapon xDDD from 3 to 14 no broke i out of adena xDDD and honesly i really dont give a damn crap what is %%% for me is 50 % chance for enchant, or u fail or u enchant, there is no 3 option :DD get it ??
EvE> KMV - Tepir -Amarr

GenghisKhan

Quote from: zule88 on March 24, 2010, 12:35:16 PM

was easy for me xDDD i log after dont know how much time (a lot) and try broke weapon xDDD from 3 to 14 no broke i out of adena xDDD and honesly i really dont give a damn crap what is %%% for me is 50 % chance for enchant, or u fail or u enchant, there is no 3 option :DD get it ??
So winning lottery is also 50% chance? You win or you don't win, right? Go back to school kid.
Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on January 01, 2014, 10:16:44 AM
There will be no armors nor weapons at donny. Spoil/craft them.