Web Analytics
Flames of Invincibility

News:

Main Menu

Flames of Invincibility

Started by bsrealm, July 28, 2010, 05:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsrealm

Ok; so I did all the hard work, leveled chars up, got the rare spellbook, got the ton of SP required, took the skill, set it up, cast it, only to find its duration is only 15 seconds. Last I remember it was a full 30 seconds. WTF? I cast it, look up at my buff bar and its done. A level 80 freaking ancient skill! Its part of the game; if one can use it, the other can too; why not just leave it as it is!

Party UD (Shield of Faith) is as long as something you set up so hard and coordinate and cast - with chance of interruption, insanely long reuse, etc, etc? Why, oh why is this DN server so hacked up?

From Aura of Hate to Flames of Invincibility .. sigh. GMs please restore it to as it is supposed to be.

Thanks!
Balki

Austrian3

skill works fine... i never got interrupped,.. if you klick on skill SoF is on...
i have ne/pa and he/pa ... on both i got SoF and its great UD.. the best

Fragzilla.... what else ?!
--->Exci <<----------------

Quote fromTemptME:1. Makes no sense, obviously u dont know what you're talking about, baium never went to sleep.
-------
INFO for you...bevor baium was killed first time... many many ppl waked him for quest.. its 30min just for inf

SmiteMe

Quote from: Austrian3 on July 28, 2010, 08:29:59 AM
skill works fine... i never got interrupped,.. if you klick on skill SoF is on...

i think you didnt get the point of his post :O

bsrealm

He sure didn't. I guess I shouldn't use some complex and convoluted phrasing. My bad. Most people here are not native english speakers. I was contrasting SoF with FoI which has those shortcomings.
Balki

HouseIND

bsrealm is noob . what he means to say is .....FIX FOI TO 30 SECs , at present its 15 secs , SoF >FOI now, which should not be so too.Now dont reduce SoF too :D , fix foi to 30 secs :P

Sciemanko

kurwa cry more about skills...30 sec foi were OP so gms reduced it!!and gtfo forum cryers
Excidium <3

jailaa

FOI was an overpowered skill in this chronicle. But the difference is on retail leveling an OL to lvl 80 wasn't a 2-3 day thing. It would take few months the least. That's why it was changed: the moment you use a skill/attack effects disappear. It would be no problem to it's effect lasting 30 seconds if it's effect would disappear once you use any skill/attack.

I believe on DN server effect is permanent immunity for 15 sec no matter what you do ... and that's already overpowered with 2-3 OL's in 1 ally. And the worse thing is the clans/allys with most numbers would benefit from it more cause they would probably have more OL's. It is not my decision to implement this or not but I would certainly not advise Torn or Descent to changing this to 30 seconds without adding the fix implemented on retail too. Same with celestial shield, glad/tyrant immunity or any other similar effects.

My personal recommend would be even to add some diminishing returns to SOF: each SOF cast within 3-5 minutes of the other to have it's effect last less than the previous one. It would still allow parties with 1-2 sof's to benefit from it but stop parties with 9 stacked'tanks: tank/mage , tank/bishop, tank/ee, tank/archer etc etc. to have almost perma UD.

pigozord

and what the fack are you talking about now? jesus what a tard..

every server I played FoI last 30 seconds, and I did not see any overpowered tactic becouse of it. is it too hard to run away for 30 seconds? lol.

bsrealm

Quote from: jailaa on July 28, 2010, 03:09:04 PM
FOI was an overpowered skill in this chronicle. But the difference is on retail leveling an OL to lvl 80 wasn't a 2-3 day thing. It would take few months the least. That's why it was changed: the moment you use a skill/attack effects disappear. It would be no problem to it's effect lasting 30 seconds if it's effect would disappear once you use any skill/attack.

I believe on DN server effect is permanent immunity for 15 sec no matter what you do ... and that's already overpowered with 2-3 OL's in 1 ally. And the worse thing is the clans/allys with most numbers would benefit from it more cause they would probably have more OL's. It is not my decision to implement this or not but I would certainly not advise Torn or Descent to changing this to 30 seconds without adding the fix implemented on retail too. Same with celestial shield, glad/tyrant immunity or any other similar effects.

My personal recommend would be even to add some diminishing returns to SOF: each SOF cast within 3-5 minutes of the other to have it's effect last less than the previous one. It would still allow parties with 1-2 sof's to benefit from it but stop parties with 9 stacked'tanks: tank/mage , tank/bishop, tank/ee, tank/archer etc etc. to have almost perma UD.

Oh my god. Why dont you nerf stun shot? So that if one person has been stunned in the last 5 seconds, reduce the land rate by 1/2 so that you can balance the effect for clans and allys with less people who can spam less stun shot?

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

Oh my god. Isn't this part of the game? Zerging, numbers, etc? If a clan wants to be all Overlords, let them be so. Its their strategy, and they are missing out on something else. And now you want to reduce SoF? Why not nerf deflect arrow too? Coz some clans might have all /tanks and its unfair to other clans who don't?

This is the lamest post I've ever seen in my entire life. Ever.

OH MY GOD.

Well, right now for all intents and purposes FoI is the same as SoF. FoI must have its 30 seconds. I believe in retail HB, it was 30 seconds and you can do whatever you want. If you are too afraid of that, OK, freaking change it to the new FoI which is 30 seconds, don't touch anything. But 30 seconds it must be.

You need 2x spell forces that take x seconds to cast, FoI itself takes x seconds to cast, chance of interruption, insane reuse. Compare this to SoF and you are still telling me it shouldn't even have freaking 30 seconds? And you call to nerf SoF. Wow.

EDIT: I think I am taking a break from the server until FoI can go back up to 30. Call me a QQer or whatever; but there were 100s of signs that I've ignored saying server will get better; but its hopeless. We had to fight for weeks to get GMs to reduce RBs boost, and we were right. We fought to tweak Baium and we were right. Now you want us to "QQ" about Frintezza for weeks, Valakas for weeks, FoI, Aura of Hate, Kamaels, and then after 50,000 lame opinions, you will change it. I am (personally) fed up of this. I will notify my clan members and go on a break. I'm sure you guys don't care what I do, so don't push in smart ass replies saying you don't. Of course you do, coz now you can OWN the server full of monsters!
Balki

Ashlynn

Quote from: bsrealm on July 28, 2010, 06:44:03 PM
Oh my god. Why dont you nerf stun shot? So that if one person has been stunned in the last 5 seconds, reduce the land rate by 1/2 so that you can balance the effect for clans and allys with less people who can spam less stun shot?

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

Oh my god. Isn't this part of the game? Zerging, numbers, etc? If a clan wants to be all Overlords, let them be so. Its their strategy, and they are missing out on something else. And now you want to reduce SoF? Why not nerf deflect arrow too? Coz some clans might have all /tanks and its unfair to other clans who don't?

This is the lamest post I've ever seen in my entire life. Ever.

OH MY GOD.

Well, right now for all intents and purposes FoI is the same as SoF. FoI must have its 30 seconds. I believe in retail HB, it was 30 seconds and you can do whatever you want. If you are too afraid of that, OK, freaking change it to the new FoI which is 30 seconds, don't touch anything. But 30 seconds it must be.

You need 2x spell forces that take x seconds to cast, FoI itself takes x seconds to cast, chance of interruption, insane reuse. Compare this to SoF and you are still telling me it shouldn't even have freaking 30 seconds? And you call to nerf SoF. Wow.
jailaa is actually right. When the effect lasted for 30 seconds, pvps took ages, since you needed just few well-subbed OLs and everyone was on permanent FoI. That wasn't much fun and I believe those pvps could last for days, until OLs dropped dead from starvation.
Also, comparing DN with retail servers is just stupid. On retails you don't have stacking subs. You might do whatever you want to on retail, but you are still limited by your class. Here you can just cast FoI as OL and heal/nuke your mates. Hence the nerf. :)

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

bsrealm

Quote from: Ashlynn on July 28, 2010, 06:54:04 PM
jailaa is actually right. When the effect lasted for 30 seconds, pvps took ages, since you needed just few well-subbed OLs and everyone was on permanent FoI. That wasn't much fun and I believe those pvps could last for days, until OLs dropped dead from starvation.
Also, comparing DN with retail servers is just stupid. On retails you don't have stacking subs. You might do whatever you want to on retail, but you are still limited by your class. Here you can just cast FoI as OL and heal/nuke your mates. Hence the nerf. :)

Oh yeah, ok. How many OLs do you want per team? 3? 4? 3x30 seconds is about the time of Frenzy. Now whats the reuse on FoI again? Next round, the next round, the next next round, the round after that. No FoI ready. All lame excuses.

There is a limit for saying this is not retail.

SAYING THIS IS NOT RETAIL IS NOT THE SAME AS SAYING THIS IS NOT LINEAGE 2.

I've played 100s of servers before. Substack even. Its clean lineage 2 where 2 characters are in one. Its my mistake. I shouldn't be here. This is not what I signed up for. I want Lineage 2 where 2 classes are in 1.

Please lock this topic. Don't change FoI. Nerf SoF. Nerf stun shot land rate. Coz only top clans and allys get good archer equips; so for the rest of the server to be able to compete, nerf stun shot and boost up deflect arrow and increase mage surrender land rate + effect. And curse gloom and anchor and doom should land 100% and last 10x longer to help the clans like the one jailaa is in.

GF.
Balki

Ashlynn

Quote from: bsrealm on July 28, 2010, 06:58:29 PM
Oh yeah, ok. How many OLs do you want per team? 3? 4? 3x30 seconds is about the time of Frenzy. Now whats the reuse on FoI again? Next round, the next round, the next next round, the round after that. No FoI ready. All lame excuses.

There is a limit for saying this is not retail.

SAYING THIS IS NOT RETAIL IS NOT THE SAME AS SAYING THIS IS NOT LINEAGE 2.

I've played 100s of servers before. Substack even. Its clean lineage 2 where 2 characters are in one. Its my mistake. I shouldn't be here. This is not what I signed up for. I want Lineage 2 where 2 classes are in 1.

Please lock this topic. Don't change FoI. Nerf SoF. Nerf stun shot land rate. Coz only top clans and allys get good archer equips; so for the rest of the server to be able to compete, nerf stun shot and boost up deflect arrow and increase mage surrender land rate + effect. And curse gloom and anchor and doom should land 100% and last 10x longer to help the clans like the one jailaa is in.

GF.
Don't be so rude that the skill you've spent a lot of time on is not working correctly. When Dash's effect was nerfed in heavy armor people were angry, when Focus Attack was nerfed while using bow people were abandoning their archer/WLs, same with X other skills. You have just shorter effect. Consider yourself lucky, your char is still worth playing.

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired