Flames of Invincibility - Page 4

News:

Main Menu

Flames of Invincibility

Started by bsrealm, July 28, 2010, 05:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvali

Quote from: jailaa on July 28, 2010, 03:09:04 PM
FOI was an overpowered skill in this chronicle. But the difference is on retail leveling an OL to lvl 80 wasn't a 2-3 day thing. It would take few months the least. That's why it was changed: the moment you use a skill/attack effects disappear. It would be no problem to it's effect lasting 30 seconds if it's effect would disappear once you use any skill/attack.

FoI effects disappear when using a skill only since Gracia Final (It has been changed so that invincible skill effects will be cancelled if one attacks or uses a skill while the invincible skill is active. Skills that are activated from augmented weapons and the like do not cancel the invincible effect.) http://lineage2.com/news/graciafinal_05.html

To balance the overpowered-ness of the skill they implemented this in Gracia Part 2 (Once the "Invincible" skill effect is applied, it cannot be re-applied for a certain amount of time. Related skills include: Celestial Shield, Flames of Invincibility, Sonic Barrier, Force Barrier, Servitor Barrier, Sublime Self-Sacrifice) http://lineage2.com/news/graciapt2_03.html

What you are assuming is that, in a mass pvp, if side A has 4 ols and side B has 2, side A will be able to cast 4 x 30s of invincibility and kill side B which will only have 2 x 30s. In reality, if 1 side has twice more ols than the other, they don't need 4 FoIs to kill them, the cp and the debuffs would be enough.

My conclusion is that both sides have the ability to lvl an OL, both can cast FoI, it's a common weapon. If side A has X more ols than the other and thus have X x 30x more invulnerability time, then that's just something that side B should have to make up for in skill and team play, by running, splitting and regrouping and using the textures. But that's the case anytime your opponent bring more firepower and disable-power than you.

So:
Is it a powerful skill? Yes
Having 1,2 more than your opponents insures your winning the pvp? No
Can you countered it by team play? Yes
nightmare: bowling4soup - sk/se
dragon: bowling4prophet - pp/he
infinity: bowling4soup - pr/bd

Dhart

Not playing on valkyria but , I'm clever enough to point out something like :
Dn sub system provides you skills from 2 classes , that means you char should be able to live much more than a single class char ,  cause the resources you got are alredy many , f.e > more mdef/pdef/transfer pain/heals and so on ..
Now considered that you alredy live longer than a normal char , plus you got a 30 sec skill that makes you invincibile.
The result is that who got more OL's can easily  kick the other side ... why ?Because the fact that you alredy can stand more , gives the chance to attack and bring down your enemies.
So yes , the nerf was needed , 'cause the side who got less OL's absolutely have lesser chances to win the pvp.
And guys stop comparing DN's to retail servers...the game you'r playing here is far from Lineage 2 , and nerfs are to be made , Deal with it , or leave the network.
Quote from: Torek [IF] on June 08, 2010, 12:34:09 PM
Dhart è un gladiatore (all rights reserved to Dhart)

Akira

Quote from: Dhart on August 10, 2010, 03:19:59 PM
Not playing on valkyria but , I'm clever enough to point out something like :
Dn sub system provides you skills from 2 classes , that means you char should be able to live much more than a single class char ,  cause the resources you got are alredy many , f.e > more mdef/pdef/transfer pain/heals and so on ..
Now considered that you alredy live longer than a normal char , plus you got a 30 sec skill that makes you invincibile.
The result is that who got more OL's can easily  kick the other side ... why ?Because the fact that you alredy can stand more , gives the chance to attack and bring down your enemies.
So yes , the nerf was needed , 'cause the side who got less OL's absolutely have lesser chances to win the pvp.
And guys stop comparing DN's to retail servers...the game you'r playing here is far from Lineage 2 , and nerfs are to be made , Deal with it , or leave the network.

or don't speak if you're not a player here.
first of all, you pointed fact that everyone can live longer due to stacksubs, therefore clan that has more OL's would win cuz FoI would last 30sec and you'd be invincible, but tell me, isnt true that with stacksub your char becomes stronger? If so, that's a bulshit that chars will live more. (ofc some of them will, but not every single one!+some will  die faster but they will deal dmg like 3-4other long lasting guys).
Next thing that I want to talk about here is a little assumption that Valkyria is no longer a stacksubs server, there are two teams, A and B.
Team A has 4 OL's while Team B has 2 OL's, now, you said that this skill had to be nerfed cuz one side would be stronger than other. Here you got similar situation, and imo if both sides are on the same skill lvl, Team A would win cuz of OL advantage over Team B.
If you don't have man power to win pvp, don't whine and cry for skill nerf cuz it's just lame! Every single pvp is based on a good setup, if you lack of some good chars and pro players, you're destined to loose, that's pure logic.
This skill shouldnt be nerfed.
good things
[URL=http://"http://www.sdcv.pl"][/URL]

bsrealm

Well, I agree with the naysayers and thus I suggest a few more changes: Nerf Balance Heal and Major Group heal. If one side has 4 BPs and the other side has 2. The side with 4 BPs will win. So nerf that.

Oh also, I think already mentioned this about stun shot. If one side has more archers than the other, they can do more stun shots. So please nerf that so that a clan cannot recieve more than 2 stun shots every 2 seconds.

Also, Aura Flash. If one clan is a mage clan and they make mage/tanks and come in and do aura flashes, they will win. So nerf that skill too please.

Now, all's well.
Balki

Dhart

Quote from: Akira on August 10, 2010, 11:06:38 PM
or don't speak if you're not a player here.
first of all, you pointed fact that everyone can live longer due to stacksubs, therefore clan that has more OL's would win cuz FoI would last 30sec and you'd be invincible, but tell me, isnt true that with stacksub your char becomes stronger? If so, that's a bulshit that chars will live more. (ofc some of them will, but not every single one!+some will  die faster but they will deal dmg like 3-4other long lasting guys).
Next thing that I want to talk about here is a little assumption that Valkyria is no longer a stacksubs server, there are two teams, A and B.
Team A has 4 OL's while Team B has 2 OL's, now, you said that this skill had to be nerfed cuz one side would be stronger than other. Here you got similar situation, and imo if both sides are on the same skill lvl, Team A would win cuz of OL advantage over Team B.
If you don't have man power to win pvp, don't whine and cry for skill nerf cuz it's just lame! Every single pvp is based on a good setup, if you lack of some good chars and pro players, you're destined to loose, that's pure logic.
This skill shouldnt be nerfed.
I honestly didn't get anything from what you said
( a free bump , be happy )

Ashlynn

Quote from: Dhart on August 17, 2010, 12:00:03 PM
I honestly didn't get anything from what you said
( a free bump , be happy )
you never do!

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

Dhart

Ashlynn

Quote from: Dhart on August 17, 2010, 03:56:00 PM
SHADAPP CRAPPY SIGNATURE-MANGX ! xd
I luv your rectangle of desaturation. :(

Ahslynn - TH/WK | toxii - HE/GL

Ret ard ired

Dhart

Quote from: Ashlynn on August 17, 2010, 04:51:41 PM
I luv your rectangle of desaturation. :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAsA00-5KoI