News:

Main Menu

Some questions to GMs who works on closed beta

Started by stanxoo, January 08, 2014, 08:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: Blizzer on January 08, 2014, 08:52:32 PM
Looks like I just found my favourite quote
Apart that there will be NO , unreasonable "nerfs" , everything what we suspect its not right we will discuss with you guys
We are not doing any "nearfs" or unreasonable things , we are doing things as they are meant to balance this game not to brake it. And as you may know none of us playing on the server so there is absolute no need to favorize X Y or Z .
If you want to troll just to troll please dodge these section, after we are done we will post all the changes made, we dont hide anything you know.

Quote from: stanxoo on January 08, 2014, 08:45:38 PM
The first one: Focus attack(Warlord's skill) will work with all weapons?
The second: How deflect arrow works in robe, is a skill nerfed for robe users?
The third: How about sps/ee are u going leave him as he was in old dnet interlude (I mean crit rate//power)
The forth: Are u going show donation list before start?
@ Donations: I think i was clear enough when i said there will be no weapons nor raid jewels at donny.
Using simple logic you can guess what there will be : armors,shields,hats,crystals , horn, etc..and other non braking gameplay items which you shouldn't bother tbh.
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

Blizzer

I'll start to troll if your balance ideas will destroy some classes as it was years ago, for now I'm just waiting but unless others I got some sense of humour  ;D
The Special One
Blizzer TH/DA 43x HERO - reloaded as TH/PAL
20+ HERO on other dagger classes
DaggerAllStar

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: Abaddon on January 09, 2014, 12:33:24 AM
wait what? some custom DN things i see
Will you stop listen things not posted officially by the staff itself, is rather frustrating to deny everything said randomly on forum.

THX

Alex

Quote from: Abaddon on January 09, 2014, 12:33:24 AM
wait what? some custom DN things i see
its sad how old the game is and how little people still know about it
ShowStopper having a break from hard GM work:

Dagger Allstarsâ,,¢

GenghisKhan

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on January 09, 2014, 12:25:35 AM
@ Donations: I think i was clear enough when i said there will be no weapons nor raid jewels at donny.
Using simple logic you can guess what there will be : armors,shields,hats,crystals , horn, etc..and other non braking gameplay items which you shouldn't bother tbh.

*There will be no custom armours, no custom weapons, no jewels. We will base our donation system on consumables and service.

That's what you said, now suddenly there are armors ?
Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on January 01, 2014, 10:16:44 AM
There will be no armors nor weapons at donny. Spoil/craft them.

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: GenghisKhan on January 09, 2014, 01:08:14 AM
*There will be no custom armours, no custom weapons, no jewels. We will base our donation system on consumables and service.

That's what you said, now suddenly there are armors ?
Retail armors>>>>

GenghisKhan

I don't think Draconic set is consumable or service ... it's more like 50.000 monsters in ketras or varka ... That's why waiting for the last minute for important things like donation list isn't good , just give some people false hope ...

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: Abaddon on January 09, 2014, 01:08:34 AM
u see what happens when there is no open beta? :D
anyway on DN there were always some custom modifications, just small example: sonic move wasnt deacreasing lvl of sonic force, small custom thing which makes playing glady more enjoyable, ppl remember that all changes/nerfs/boosts and are curious if new server will have them aswell.

You said it will be retail like, with no unnecessary nerfs and i trust you.

/btw, nuker has around 30-40%(depends on race) def rate with bless shield, when subbed with tank its around 70-80 thanks to shield mastery which doubles that amount, highest possible def rate has sps/tk cuz of Guard Stance skill and highest DEX and its around 100%.
On stack server you have to do some modifications in order to keep balance, will those modifications favorize any class? NO. Their intention is only made in balancing purpose. And trust me they arent randomly made. Thats why, we will paste full list of changes once its done, there absolute no reason to hide anything . And no open beta would help us solve those issues , for sure it wouldnt help us make things faster, BELIEVE ME.

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: GenghisKhan on January 09, 2014, 01:14:27 AM
I don't think Draconic set is consumable or service ... it's more like 50.000 monsters in ketras or varka ... That's why waiting for the last minute for important things like donation list isn't good , just give some people false hope ...
*There will be no custom armors, no custom weapons, no jewels. We will base our donation system on consumables and service. I want to remind you that we will exclude totally any kind of weapons from donation manager*

I dont see how armor in donny can hurt your gameplay? You are not forced to buy it from donny, you can simply spoil and craft it, buy materials on market etc.. Think of OLD HB donny npc from DN and you will realise what im trying to do by saying "players friendly donations".

I hope you understand better now, and no i didnt gave any false hope i really do think it will be fair for all.

Alex

Quote from: Abaddon on January 09, 2014, 01:08:34 AM
u see what happens when there is no open beta? :D
anyway on DN there were always some custom modifications, just small example: sonic move wasnt deacreasing lvl of sonic force, small custom thing which makes playing glady more enjoyable
sonic move always consumed sonic force in Interlude on dragon, it stopped consuming sonic force only in Gracia, same as on official
ShowStopper having a break from hard GM work:

Dagger Allstarsâ,,¢

GenghisKhan

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on January 09, 2014, 01:18:52 AM
*There will be no custom armors, no custom weapons, no jewels. We will base our donation system on consumables and service. I want to remind you that we will exclude totally any kind of weapons from donation manager*

I dont see how armor in donny can hurt your gameplay? You are not forced to buy it from donny, you can simply spoil and craft it, buy materials on market etc.. Think of OLD HB donny npc from DN and you will realise what im trying to do by saying "players friendly donations".

I hope you understand better now, and no i didnt gave any false hope i really do think it will be fair for all.

Armors S worth hell of a more than weapons S because they are much harder to craft (again, I'm reffering to aprox. 50k mobs you have to kill for recipes, especially when 1/3 of the recipes gonna be pile of junk since major arcana is complete crap on IL). So putting S grade items in the shop isn't fair, at least not in my opinion.

About old system on DN, well at the time when DN was most popular private server, people had to play there even with +16 donations, because there weren't any decent alternatives. Once other good private servers started popping out , population that once contain people on 6 different servers, all filled with players, started to drop steadily. At the end, only 1 server left and I bet vast majority of population (I am not familiar with current state) were donators that didn't want their items (money) go to waste.

However, today we have bunch of private servers (not that much stacksub servers, but over the time we all acustomed to retail playstyle), and many of them have donations up to C grade or no donations at all. I understand that DN must maintain server plus make some cash for all effort, but putting S grade armor items that represents creme of the Interlude is not something many of people look forward to.

I just want to know one more thing, is your decision to implement S grade armors in GM shop definite or not ? I can live with A grade because it won't take you more than several days or a week of dedication MAX to craft it, but S grade is much MUCH more than that ...

nbx

I don't see your problem. It was clear as the sky from the beginning that armor donation will be possible.

QuoteThere will be no custom armours, no custom weapons, no jewels. We will base our donation system on consumables and service.

All they said was there won't be weapons and custom things in donation shop and that donation will be BASED on consumables and service. If it's BASED on consumables and service, it doesn't mean there won't be anything else.