Web Analytics
Lags

News:

Main Menu

Lags

Started by dedemonn, January 19, 2014, 01:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedemonn

Server suffers from constant item lags (also pick up lags - cannot pick up because "Please try again later"). They are quite heavy, ranging from 3 to 10 seconds - it's really discouraging.
Also regular lags appeared several hours ago (not related to IC)...

Any info if the problem can be handled or we will play like that for months?

8kjupx3u

Quote from: dedemonn on January 19, 2014, 01:05:03 AM
Server suffers from constant item lags (also pick up lags - cannot pick up because "Please try again later"). They are quite heavy, ranging from 3 to 10 seconds - it's really discouraging.

About lags as u can see server status is heavy.

But good u mentioned pick up lags, i had them too today.

Plx fix this littleannoying things
Friends Become Wolves~

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: dedemonn on January 19, 2014, 01:05:03 AM

Hello,

Well i dont know what to say ive spent today a lot of time in game, crowded and not crowded areas. I expressed no lag at all , sometimes SS glitches but happens rarely . What i can suggest you is to try put lower details and disable all special effects in options, save and relog. See how it goes, because really, serverside there isnt any lag....

About the drop , its not lag, its bug seems that we are looking to fix.

Let me know how it goes.
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

dedemonn

No movement lags for now, so hard to test if decreasing graphics would help here - probably not, since I had no such lags before.

Item/SS lags were the issue today for sure - I saw it on all players. Several deaths scored. :)
Would be great if someone could keep and eye on it.

Stazy

You are complaining here instead of adding them to the bug section(like the drop bug) or if they are already added you should stop posting about them, let me ask you ...all "old" players...what kind of servers didn't have lags when it opened, or bugs discovered by the players (that the gm's weren't aware of) ? i can tell you the answer ..empty or almost empty servers...there is lag?..yes...well guess what 3-5k players on server can do that ofc on previous servers that had 100 players didn't have lag or bugs because no one was playing on them... in this case more than expected logged and played..since it is also weekend...it will be taken care of so keep your pants on and don't panic :D
"Whe serch the truth but whe can't find anything but incertain things ,whe serch for happynes ,but all whe find is unhappynes and mizery.Whe are incapabile to wish the truth and happynes "
Blaise Pascal "Chosen writings"

SizeMatters

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on January 19, 2014, 01:19:48 AM
Hello,

Well i dont know what to say ive spent today a lot of time in game, crowded and not crowded areas. I expressed no lag at all , sometimes SS glitches but happens rarely . What i can suggest you is to try put lower details and disable all special effects in options, save and relog. See how it goes, because really, serverside there isnt any lag....

About the drop , its not lag, its bug seems that we are looking to fix.

Let me know how it goes.

Ive got the same and my brother and my friend... it's server's fault definitely, not to mention those terrible SS lags which is pretty funny to see with such a low online :(

dedemonn

Would a server restart fix the item lags for some hours at least? Server isn't even heavy now, and item lags are pretty heavy.
As you can see, Stazy, those two things seem to be independent.

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: dedemonn on January 19, 2014, 12:33:18 PM
Would a server restart fix the item lags for some hours at least? Server isn't even heavy now, and item lags are pretty heavy.
As you can see, Stazy, those two things seem to be independent.

Definition of item lag is?

There shouldnt be any lag at all, ss might glitch sometimes but thats all.
If the error message appears if you want to pickup the item means that your party member is out of range or in town.
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

dedemonn

When SS lag occurs, there is general item lag - delay in triggering effect of used item (e.g. HP pot :D). But obviously SS lag is what is most annoying.

QuoteThere shouldnt be any lag at all, ss might glitch sometimes but thats all.

Note, it's not a glitch - it's explicit SS lag of ~2-3s duration.

QuoteIf the error message appears if you want to pickup the item means that your party member is out of range or in town.

Just tested it on 2 players without party - didn't work. Both of us had still error message unfortunately.

dedemonn

Just an additional note: problem with getting error message when picking up herbs/items is fully related to SS/item lag. When you pick up an item and there is item lag, message about picking up (like 'you have earned xxx') won't appear on chat - until it won't appear, you will get an error message when you try to pick up next item.

Conclusion? You should probably focus on fixing item lags on first place. (and pick up issue should reslove by itself)

garikUA

Quote from: dedemonn on January 19, 2014, 03:49:18 PM
When you pick up an item and there is item lag, message about picking up (like 'you have earned xxx') won't appear on chat - until it won't appear, you will get an error message when you try to pick up next item.

Conclusion? You should probably focus on fixing item lags on first place. (and pick up issue should reslove by itself)

+1

killer625

Quote from: garikUA on January 19, 2014, 04:00:43 PM
+1
same, also now in the evening ss lag starts to be stronger