Web Analytics
[Suggestion]Main Tank Here. Indirect nerfs to People that wanna play as Tanks.

News:

Main Menu

[Suggestion]Main Tank Here. Indirect nerfs to People that wanna play as Tanks.

Started by Clonage, January 20, 2014, 08:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clonage

Hi all.
First of all this is not a QQ thread and im really enjoying the server, i really like playing L2 again on DN so thanks to all the staff that are making this possible.
So... I trully like the ideia of the Deflect Arrow "Rework" because it will actually balance out the PvP so ppl wont just go DD/tank. But there is a flaw to the Rework for those that want to play as Main Tanks(In my case Pala/PP). Main Tanks are getting an indirect Nerf.

Quote from Drake:
Quote-Deflect Arrow: Is no more a long term buff but acts as a "stance effect".
When active, scaling by protection (here written is lv4 = 40% protection), cast speed on robe is reduced by 25%, attack speed with daggers is reduced by 20% (from lv3, also duals gets a reduction up to 20%), blows rate reduced by 20% and bow range by -25%.
Duration of the effect is 2min (easier to manage the negative effects), skill activation reduced by 33% (instant), mp cost reduced by 75% (seems big numbers but scales right ingame)

->Bow range reduced by 25%.
This actually hurts Tanks gameplay quit a bit, any good tank knows that he needs to use differente weapons depending on the situation. And this is one of the reasons why i love playing tank in L2. Tanks in Lineage2 aren't a 1 trick pony where you only use 1 weapon+shield your entire life.
Is there any possible way to nerf the Range on Bows but not on Tanks? Because tanks will have only 450 range with bows if they want to use them :/
My suggestion is, if possible, when the Deflect Arrow buff is active it should check the Character passives. If the Character has Long Shot in his passive skills, then the nerf should be implemented. If not, theres no nerf applied at all.

This "fix" will not bring "power"(because it's already an indirect nerf to main Tanks) for people that want to play as main tanks, it will only allow us to use the character(tank) the way it is supposed to be played and at it's maximum potencial.

Here is a link that proves how Tanks are versatile in PvP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGBJe875Xd0

I hope my voice can reach =drake=! Keep up the Good Work! ;D

RetardedCP/AbyssCP
Gaia: Misato / Ceres / Green
Nova: Envy
Ayrin: Ceres
Hellraiser: Envy
Shadow: Clonage / Hawt
Frintezza: Hawt
Discord: Mitchel#3748

Clonage

RetardedCP/AbyssCP

Vendettacz

professional retarded driver

Clonage

I would really appreciate Drakes opinion on the above matter. Even if it's a: "No, there wont be any changes to Deflect Arrow "rework", i think it's better this way". I know he might be rly busy with all the tweaking on the server, im still willing to know his opinion, even if it takes a week or so to reply :D.

Im really sorry for all the "spam" but im really a passionate Tank Player :3

QuoteBalanced Gameplay
*No stacking masteries.Apart that there will be NO , unreasonable "nerfs" , everything what we suspect its not right we will discuss with you guys. There are also few guidelines you must concern about this, and I will put it simple:
If your character 1 shooting everyone its not good and will be checked; There is no general best character for everything, so you cant be good in at same time with same char (Pve,pvp,oly,siege..) so make sure
you don't report "issue" because you are not TOP in all subjects; We will talk with the community, value your voice but final decisions is on the staff, because some of the decisions can be good for few of you but generally doing damage toward whole server.

RetardedCP/AbyssCP

=drake=

I fully understand your concern about your skill but betwen all the possible solutions, this ended up to be the less damaging toward the pure tank setup.
This have been a big cut/decision we had to do related to this skill as it was the one giving biggest advantage to tank/anything combos.

But, if you really enjoy to play tank and use a bow, i would then suggest you to take full awareness of the subclass system and maybe do a tank/archer so it would fit your playstyle :)

Clonage

Thank You for your answer. I'll just embrace the rework as a challenge :D

Keep up all the hard work!

RetardedCP/AbyssCP