Main Menu

Background performance of second client

Started by Simsung, January 20, 2014, 02:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simsung

Hey guys :)

Some of you might know what I'm talking about, for those who don't:

Interlude client has an enabled option "Decrease Background Performance"
What it does, it is lowering the framerate of second client in the background to very low levels, to increase performance in the first window.
It was fine years ago when PCs were much slower and couldn't handle the load of multiple clients.
Now that I'm dualboxing on a very beast machine, i find that option very, very annoying.

I did some google research and turns out it's possible to turn it off in the game files.
(Or with some bot launcher that I don't want to use).

Google directed me towards two .dll files, core.dll and fire.dll, also some guy created a "nosleep.dll" file, but without support from Tarantula Admins there's very little we can do about this issue (It'd get replaced on every full check / might cause some unexpected crashes etc).

So, from the bottom of my heart, ^Drake^, ^TrackZero^, would you please investigate a little how to disable that feature and implement it for us?

lNecropsy

Necro (psy)
RedKnights Clan

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: Simsung on January 20, 2014, 02:24:17 PM
Hey guys :)

Some of you might know what I'm talking about, for those who don't:

Interlude client has an enabled option "Decrease Background Performance"
What it does, it is lowering the framerate of second client in the background to very low levels, to increase performance in the first window.
It was fine years ago when PCs were much slower and couldn't handle the load of multiple clients.
Now that I'm dualboxing on a very beast machine, i find that option very, very annoying.

I did some google research and turns out it's possible to turn it off in the game files.
(Or with some bot launcher that I don't want to use).

Google directed me towards two .dll files, core.dll and fire.dll, also some guy created a "nosleep.dll" file, but without support from Tarantula Admins there's very little we can do about this issue (It'd get replaced on every full check / might cause some unexpected crashes etc).

So, from the bottom of my heart, ^Drake^, ^TrackZero^, would you please investigate a little how to disable that feature and implement it for us?
Okay but what is the problem running dual box? I can run 4 boxes np and no lag at all and no i dont have nasa pc...?
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

Simsung

The framerate in second client is horrible. I have two monitors, and I'd like to play on them simultenously, but I cannot because of the FPS issue.
It's not about my PC, but the lineage 2 client limits the FPS in inactive window to 1 or something, it makes it very unpleasant visually and causes a little hiccup while alt+tab'ing to the second client / switching windows.

djvancho

Well the point is dualbox window to not get "late in time" aka atm when u are on mail your buffer is shown near u, but when u switch he is not.

It happen not so ofen but still happens.
Tarantula   IL     Dragon H5          Hellraiser         Gaia         Infinity

BUFFSONG         BUFFCAT            SHAMANA         SHAMANA              NE/PP
sws/ee               best pp/wk ever       WC/OL         WC/OL        
sps/sws                        
ne/pal
BUFFCAT
wk

igi

lol so because u have beast computer u want GMs to increase background performance of 2nd box

Well I have sh1t computer and I dont want not to be able to dual box just so u can have smooth picture on a box u dont use at that moment....

flamingAwe

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on January 20, 2014, 02:38:40 PM
Okay but what is the problem running dual box? I can run 4 boxes np and no lag at all and no i dont have nasa pc...?

run 2x windows of GF client, check "decrease background performance" in options.
Try to switch windows, then UNcheck same opton. Try to switch windows again.
You will understand, what he's talking about.

PS: GF client records this in option.ini in [game] as UseLazyMode=False  (or true, if enabled)
in IL client manual adding this option doesn't help.

killer625

would it be possible to run the server using newer client, that does support turning off decreasing background performance ?

Simsung

Interlude also supports this option, and there's a way of disabling it only client-side, but that requires modifications in the dll files.

I know nothing about it, and it may cause some incompatibility issues with launcher / server / bot detection so I'd rather ask Admins to take care of it for us.

Please!