Web Analytics
Turn Undead once more.

News:

Main Menu

Turn Undead once more.

Started by Pebamama, January 29, 2014, 05:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pebamama

You give great answers that look good on paper and then lock threads...

I will change the QQ as it looks like it will get us nowhere. So , can you GMs remodel turn undead and other lethal pve skills and make them custom like other servers?

That would make everyone happy and wouldn't hurt your ego.

=drake=

Definitely not

In case someone missed the other post (wasnt locked by me):

Quote from: Pebamama on January 28, 2014, 09:09:42 PM
Also if you try pagans here you will not land any lethals too . Here you will only be able to land lethals when you reach level 80 and enchant the skill +13 and even then you will have a low chance , i know , sounds pretty retarded , but this is what is going on on tarantula....

Is enough to make it +1.
The skill at level 10 have MAGICAL level 74
The skill enchanted +1 have MAGICAL level 76
The skill raises by 1 MAGICAL level every +3 enchants (at +13 becomes level 80)

When you are using an offensive skill toward a target (any), nearly 90% of the time is NOT YOUR level that is compared against your target but is the MAGICAL level of the skill.

To land a lethal your skill MUST NOT be more than 5 levels inferior compared to your target level.
So, if your target monster/player is level 80, the skill MUST be at least level 75.

What means for Pagan Temple?
That you just have to enchant it to +1, it becomes level 76, and the skill lands in Pagan Temple too.
If you dont, lethals will not land BUT the fear effect will still do.
Conceptually the skill is simply not strong enough to damage the opponent as is too low level compared to him

Why does this mechanics makes sense?
Because else there would be no reason to level up skills. Banish Seraph for example (same mechanics) have same 50% lethal rate since lv1, what changes is the skill's magical level only!
Same for Turn Undead, at lv9 already reaches the 30% lethal rate so without this system would be barely useful to even take lv10.

Does it applies to all other lethals too?
YES. This rule applies also to all other possible lethals ingame.
For example: a TH can't lethal a lv80 opponent with a lv1 skill. At least a +1 enchant would be required for this purpose.
Higher enchanting, as it reduces the difference between the target level and the skill level, does also mitigate the penality (up to 0% penality when the skill have same or higher level than the target)

How do i know the magical level of a skill?
Is the level at which you can learn/upgrade it.
All skills learned before 3rd class becomes magical level 76 with +1 enchant. (and gains 1 extra magical level every +3 enchants)

What would happen if we change this system to follow the one of the "other servers"?
That a level "put_a_random_number" player with a level 1 lethal skill could kill any mob/boss/player with a lethal.
This also means that, at level 56, you could use turn undead lv1 (magical level lv56) to farm pagan with a 10% lethal rate toward lv80 monsters.
It does not make sense and is not fair for the other classes.

thusard

Quote from: =drake= on January 29, 2014, 05:46:04 AM
Definitely not

Is enough to make it +1.

When you are using an offensive skill toward a target (any), nearly 90% of the time is NOT YOUR level that is compared against your target but is the MAGICAL level of the skill.

To land a lethal your skill MUST NOT be more than 5 levels inferior compared to your target level.
So, if your target monster/player is level 80, the skill MUST be at least level 75.

That you just have to enchant it to +1, it becomes level 76, and the skill lands in Pagan Temple too.
Conceptually the skill is simply not strong enough to damage the opponent as is too low level compared to him

Because else there would be no reason to level up skills. Banish Seraph for example (same mechanics) have same 50% lethal rate since lv1, what changes is the skill's magical level only!
Same for Turn Undead, at lv9 already reaches the 30% lethal rate so without this system would be barely useful to even take lv10.

For example: a TH can't lethal a lv80 opponent with a lv1 skill. At least a +1 enchant would be required for this purpose.
Higher enchanting, as it reduces the difference between the target level and the skill level, does also mitigate the penality (up to 0% penality when the skill have same or higher level than the target)

All skills learned before 3rd class becomes magical level 76 with +1 enchant. (and gains 1 extra magical level every +3 enchants)

What would happen if we change this system to follow the one of the "other servers"?
That a level "put_a_random_number" player with a level 1 lethal skill could kill any mob/boss/player with a lethal.
This also means that, at level 56, you could use turn undead lv1 (magical level lv56) to farm pagan with a 10% lethal rate toward lv80 monsters.

we sayd that enchant rate is focked , u changed it , we say that lethal chance is focked u must change it , else u lose us.
i never seen server with lethal like this with lvl difference , keep ur opinion and u lose players GL!

=drake=

Quote from: thusard on January 29, 2014, 06:39:35 AM
we sayd that enchant rate is focked , u changed it , we say that lethal chance is focked u must change it , else u lose us.
i never seen server with lethal like this with lvl difference , keep ur opinion and u lose players GL!

Definitely lethal system will not change.

Vendettacz

we say that lethal chance is focked u must change it , else u lose us.

epic logic & adios
professional retarded driver

Calisa

This is correct system from interlude, 1st thing i do after finish 3rd is enchant lethal from bp and go exp in pagan. It was always like this, non enchanted lethal don't land there, thats all.

Peorexo

Definitely not

Is enough to make it +1.

yea... so shock blast lv77 hardly landing on lv60 chars, mean its has to be enchanted in future chronicles right? :D

=drake=

Quote from: Peorexo on January 29, 2014, 10:02:37 AM
yea... so shock blast lv77 hardly landing on lv60 chars, mean its has to be enchanted in future chronicles right? :D

shock blast primary effect is the overhit attack that ignores shield (and target removal)
the secondary effect (stun and reduced pdef/mdef) have 40% land rate, CON based (for extra weaknesses/resistances) and is shock based (for extra weaknesses/resistances).
additionally the skill is level 77 (extra resistances if target is level 78 or more, 1% less landing rate every level over 77)

Peorexo

Quote from: =drake= on January 29, 2014, 10:10:01 AM
shock blast primary effect is the overhit attack that ignores shield (and target removal)
the secondary effect (stun and reduced pdef/mdef) have 40% land rate, CON based (for extra weaknesses/resistances) and is shock based (for extra weaknesses/resistances).
additionally the skill is level 77 (extra resistances if target is level 78 or more, 1% less landing rate every level over 77)
I know how this skill works, im just saying that i casted this vs lv70bishop w/o con dyes, and it land under this 40%, not saying to use it vs another WL on 75lv~ when it resulted in 1/5

=^TrackZero^=

We have tested this last night , i wanted to explain you. But i collapsed on the keyboard. Drake said pretty much everything, enchanting skill DOES matter a lot. Thats why it exists, try ans you will see.

P.S ChujoZord from Excilium was online when tests were made as witness.
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

igi

we cried our asses off that enchant rate is focked , u changed it , we now cry that lethal chance is focked u must change it , else u lose us and no more QQing on forum.
i never seen server with lethal that doesnt land 100% and with lvl difference , keep ur opinion and u lose carebears like us GL!

:O

Pebamama

You do realise that you can only go to pagans at 73 lvl? Also you can't be summoned there. This was the whole point of this skill in L2. I mean , whole areas with only xHP undeads or angels aren't coincidence , this is how it was supposed to be.
Also calling that unfair? L2 wasn't created without any logic behind it , all the classes can exp somewhere , but the areas with undead vanish , and the only way to level up is with lethals on those specific created areas with xHP mobs (pagans/rift).
This game respected its subscribers (back in the day) and didn't punish people because they had different playstyles . Besides the 100% support classes that can't level up themselves , every other class was able to reach a high level solo . Having Artur say that BPs and EEs should only level up with a group is a disrespect for the fundamentals of the game .

PS : BPs and EEs are screwed.